Mike Tomlin optimistic about getting James Conner back

Getty Images

Steelers running back James Conner was inactive for the team’s Week Nine win over the Colts and his status for this Sunday’s home game against the Rams was one of the topics of discussion at head coach Mike Tomlin’s Tuesday press conference.

Tomlin declared himself “optimistic” about getting Conner back on the field this week, but that the practice week would determine if that optimism is justified.

Conner didn’t practice at all last week and Tomlin said, via multiple reporters, that he expects Conner to be limited early in the week. Tomlin added that he expects the running back will “perk up” as this week’s sessions unfold.

Jaylen Samuels and Trey Edmunds handled the running back duties with Conner out of action against Indianapolis.

16 responses to “Mike Tomlin optimistic about getting James Conner back

1. Steelers are really going to regret destroying the careers of Conner and Rudolph when they realize they have no draft picks next year. This is the kind of reckless behavior which will lead to a double implosion.

2. November 5, 2019 at 1:19 pm
    I wonder if Tomlin soiled himself before Vinatieri missed the kick

Little boy making bodily function references that he perceives as funny….grow up .

Any member of the Steelers family not showing anxiety before the kick should not be considered part of the family. What a really dumb thing to say……what is supposed to do hope he makes it? …..Millennials,,,,,,

3. “Steelers are really going to regret destroying the careers of Conner and Rudolph when they realize they have no draft picks next year. This is the kind of reckless behavior which will lead to a double implosion.”

You’re a Baltimore fan. Sit down and be quiet.

4. “I wonder if Tomlin soiled himself before Vinatieri missed the kick”

Didn’t you get stomped Sunday night?

5. ravensaresuperior says:
    November 5, 2019 at 1:32 pm
    Let the man rest. Your season and job are done anyway.

The Steelers are currently tied for the No. 7 spot in the AFC with games still to play against the Browns twice, the Cardinals, the Bengals and the Jets. Season is far from done and Tomlin (unfortunately) is not going anywhere after this season.

6. TimTebowGodOfFootballKarma says:
    November 5, 2019 at 1:59 pm

How are they destroying the careers of Connor and Rudolph? And how will not having a 1st Round pick next year add to that?

7. SWFLPC.INC says:
    November 5, 2019 at 1:19 pm
    I wonder if Tomlin soiled himself before Vinatieri missed the kick.

Huh? If anything he would have soiled himself if the kick was made.

8. SWFLPC.INC says:
    November 5, 2019 at 1:19 pm
    I wonder if Tomlin soiled himself before Vinatieri missed the kick

11 21 Rate This

I know it’s tough being a Dolphins fan nowadays, I feel for ya 😉

9. I know it’s tough being a Dolphins fan nowadays, I feel for ya 😉

News alert he is no Dolphins fan rather a Pats fan once posting as NHPats. You know the one who hates Tomlin because he is a successful black coach.

10. “I know it’s tough being a Dolphins fan nowadays, I feel for ya”

He’s an NE fan, the worst fan base in the history of professional sports.

11. 6burgh says:
    November 5, 2019 at 2:43 pm

SWFLPC.INC says:
    November 5, 2019 at 1:19 pm
    I wonder if Tomlin soiled himself before Vinatieri missed the kick

11 21 Rate This

I know it’s tough being a Dolphins fan nowadays, I feel for ya 😉

————————————————————————

I live in Pittsburgh. It’s tough being a Steelers fan. Never has a coach with so much talent accomplished so little.

12. If I remember correct the Ravens coach John hairball had one foot out the door last year. So Mister Ravens are superior, I wouldn’t count on a Super Bowl trophy just because you beat New England

13. Stick out your chest Raven fan and we will crown you mid-season champs…just like we crowned Cleveland preseason champs! Ravens barely beat the Steelers in OT with Pittsburgh playing their 4th string QB. LOT’s of football yet to be played.