Antonio Brown meeting with NFL next week

Getty Images

The NFL’s Personal Conduct Policy investigation into allegations of sexual assault and rape made against Antonio Brown in a civil lawsuit earlier this year is ready to move on to a meeting with Brown.

Josina Anderson of ESPN reported on Thursday that Brown will be meeting with league officials next week. Via a league source, PFT has confirmed that meeting will take place on November 14.

That’s a big step toward an eventual resolution of Brown’s case. The prospect of putting him on the Commissioner’s Exempt list is not something the league has addressed and that’s been cited as a reason why Brown has remained unsigned since being released by the Patriots after one game with the team. Landing on that list would put Brown on paid leave while the league continued investigating the case.

After the Seahawks claimed Josh Gordon on waivers last week, there was word that they did due diligence on adding Brown. Anderson reports that other teams have shown interest in signing the wideout if the investigation is resolved, although it’s unclear if next week’s meeting will result in that kind of clarity about Brown’s football future.

49 responses to “Antonio Brown meeting with NFL next week

1. I would put AB on the exempt list immediately and here’s how I would handle it. A) AB needs to lay out all his legal issues. B) AB needs to address all his legal issues. C) AB needs to see a mental health specialist while he’s clearing everything up. D) AB needs to apologize to Mike Tomlin, Jon Gruden and Bill B.

Then he can apply for reinstatement.

2. I’m Curious will he go back to the Patriots because he is meeting the NFL on Patriots Bye week and watching the Ravens Game you saw Brady struggling without a Deep threat.Yes he is a complete Nut Job but if the league is going to force the Patriots pay him why not play him. Maybe Brady can keep him under control but to think N’keal Harry will be a huge factor right from the start is a roll of the Dice type of situation but with Brown and Harry together on the field will make a huge difference It will completely change the offense.Imagine Harry Brown Sanu Elderman and Dorsett I would Bring him back but when the season is over throw him out head first and let another team Deal with the Drama

3. Can’t stand AB, but I wouldn’t mind seeing him back in New England for the season.

Cut after the Superbowl.

4. Football God says:
    November 7, 2019 at 10:34 am
    I’m Curious will he go back to the Patriots…
    ————————————————-

No. AB poured gasoline on that bridge, and lit it on fire. But that was not enough so he then sent in a nuclear warhead.

5. He’ll be three hours late.
    He’ll attempt to Facebook Live the entire proceeding.
    He’ll tell the NFL he cannot be disciplined…he’s too good.
    He’ll blame Tomlin and Gruden and badmouth Ben.
    He’ll toss furniture from windows of the NFL offices.

He’s AB…all About Brown.

6. PrincePaul says:
    November 7, 2019 at 10:34 am

Then he can apply for reinstatement.

—–

E) AB needs to agree to delete his Twitter account and stay off until he retires from the NFL

7. The NFL tries to squeeze us for every penny. They should have this meeting on pay per view. Can you imagine Brown conducting himself like a civilized decent human being?

8. Before he leaves his house for this interview….someone please tell him to LEAVE HIS PHONE AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. WHat is the point of this now?

Is it me, or does this mean Baltimore wants to sign him so they have told Goodell to do a dog and pony show “interview” to clear him?

This one smells.

Why wasn’t this done earlier?

$100 that’s what this is…One of the owners who controls Goodell is orchestrating this.

10. Over/Under on if Brown has as big of a meltdown in that meeting as he did in that deposition a few weeks ago?

11. Football God says:
    November 7, 2019 at 10:34 am

9 27 Rate This

———————

Ummm, NO. Kraft was pissed on numerous fronts with Brown’s behavior after being signed. Absolutely not.

Try Baltimore and their cheating ways with Goodell/Bisciotti and that relationship.

12. The NFC West has always been an arms race with players. With Seattle signing Gordon the 49ers are obvious choice to add to their roster, but with Cooks having one too many concussions Rams probably pushing Roger to clear AB so they can sign him since they are all in to sell psl`s.

13. myspaceyourface says:
    November 7, 2019 at 10:31 am
    Philly

———————————————–

as a Cowboys fan, I hope you are correct, kind sir

14. What exactly do they expect to hear from him? The truth? They can forget about that. He’ll almost certainly be late and be his usual AB and whine about everything and be completely unable to comprehend there are rules one needs to follow in the NFL (and in life). I like the idea of putting him on the exempt list and requiring him to see a therapist before being allowed to play again.

If I were one of the parties involved in legal proceedings against him I’d subpoena the results of this meeting. Not that it matters. He’s a pathological liar and is incapable of telling the truth.

15. I genuinely don’t understand. Why does the NFL need to do or investigate anything? AB is not an employee of any NFL team or the league.

If a team signs him, then put him on the exempt list and start the investigation. If no team signs him, don’t waste the time on the head case.

16. I’m just an average rube but AB isn’t employed by the NFL so why are they obligated to do anything with him until he signs with another team?

17. mikethevike11 says:
    November 7, 2019 at 11:30 am
    =========================================================

because he is a member of the players union.

18. Now that there is some movement I’m Still thinking teams that can afford it & have cap space this year, should sign AB to a contract. It’s likely that while he gets paid the NFL front office would place him immediately on exemption list. He likely would not be eligible to play this season. Signing him gets you several advantages, the biggest of which is you get to negotiate a new contract with him. If nothing else, you could franchise tag him, trade him or get potential comp pick in 2021 if he signs with another team.

Best case scenario; he shapes up, gets 4 game suspension and is available for post season. Worst case scenario; you lose money paying him for not playing this year.

19. Hopefully, Colin Kaepernick will be sitting in on the meeting to provide “post-career” counseling to AB. It’s only wishful thinking, but I hope that AB never plays another down in the NFL. The NFL is a better place without him.

20. 6ringsandarapist says:
    November 7, 2019 at 11:37 am
    Some bottom feeder with no morals will sign him, my guess in the mid-west…
    _____________________________________________

Well, that would be the Vikings.

21. How can AB be a member of the Players Union when 1) he isn’t signed to any NFL team and 2) he isn’t playing in the league? By that criteria, I could belong to the Players Union. I don’t have an NFL contract and I’m not playing in the league either. It makes no sense.

22. I think AB is a member of the Players Union because he paid dues to the union through his previous contracts. I’m no expert, but I think if you have been an NFL player and have paid dues you are entitled to Union representation, even if not currently on a roster.

23. chawk12thman says:
    November 7, 2019 at 11:54 am

0 6 Rate This
    ________________________________________

LOL
    you haven’t seen his latest Twitter Tirade have you?
    He’s Just burned his last Bridge, He’s Done

24. I think AB will get there on time and say all the right things. He will say he is sorry and has learned his lesson so they will go easy on him. Then when he gets back on some desperate team with no morals he will go back to being his real self.

25. Just saw a couple of Tweets posted today by Brown. Suffice to say that nothing has changed and the Tweets will not help him in the least. If anything,he just made matters worse.

26. I think they should let him rot in limbo. Let a team have to sign him to a contract to find out if he will be put on the exempt list or suspended.

27. “I really couldn’t care less about his character or what he does off the field.”

So you don’t care if it turns out he raped someone as long as he makes your fantasy team points?

I guess you have about as much character as Brown does SMH

28. I take my comment Back I posted earlier. This guy is suffering from a Mental Disorder. How can you try and save your career and turn around and say F the NFL.This guy officially destroyed his career. I was hoping he could clean his act up and help Brady but clearly I was a moron when I made the comment.
    I just wish Brady had legit weapons to finish his career and not struggle. Tired of the Media saying he is washed up.

29. Andy Reid says there’s plenty of room on Kansas City for AB, and he can’t wait to get him on the field