Patrick Mahomes: No pain, no setbacks in practice

Getty Images

After the Chiefs announced that Patrick Mahomes will start on Sunday, Mahomes said he has felt good in practice this week.

Mahomes said he and Andy Reid are in agreement that he has looked ready to go on the practice field.

“I knew I had a chance once I talked to the doctors and they said as long as I was functioning well, moving well, I could play this week,” Mahomes said. “Coach Reid wanted me to still take it day by day, so I went out here and practiced and took the reps. I haven’t had any pain or any setbacks so I’m glad to be back out there.”

Mahomes, who suffered a knee injury three weeks ago against the Broncos, plans to wear a brace on the injured knee, so it’s possible that his mobility will be somewhat limited. But he thinks he’s good to go, and the Chiefs will have their MVP back in the fold.

26 responses to “Patrick Mahomes: No pain, no setbacks in practice

1. There may be no pain, but if you read any medical analysis on the injury and recovery times, it ain’t healed yet.

2. these negative nancies are so annoying. Sheesh. The Chiefs care more about Mahomes’ future than anyone else. They are not stupid enough to rush him back if it’s more risky. Okay?

3. Had this same injury in highschool came back three weeks sooner than the doctors said because it felt fine ended up tearing my acl and fractured my fibula or tibia can’t remember what one but I just hope that he’s 100% because they honestly don’t need him against the Titans

4. He’s missing the same amount of time Matt Stafford did and there were never any issues for him after he came back.

If he wasn’t ready, the doctors wouldn’t clear him and he wouldn’t be playing, especially against a team like the Titans.

The Chiefs did everything right. There’s no point in sitting him any longer if he’s ready to go. Doing so just to “be safe” makes no sense. This is pro football, not 5 year old kids playing soccer.

5. purpleguy says:
    November 8, 2019 at 2:52 pm
    ———-
    I’m all for playing it safe with the future of your franchise. But if the doctors say it’s good then I say go for it. He is such a valuable piece that I think they wouldn’t rush him back out there if he wasn’t ready.

6. I make 6 figures a year, I put 3 months of Paychecks on Pats to win AFC. 1:3 ods but a 30% guaranteed investment on your money is unbeatable. We love you Mahomes but dont ruin my money.

7. clownbaby37 says:
    November 8, 2019 at 3:20 pm
    …………..

8. Mahomes will be just as good if not better than Brees was when he came back. I’m glad to see them both back!

9. “I make 6 figures a year, I put 3 months of Paychecks on Pats to win AFC.”

Lol anyone who believes that I have a bridge to sell you.

10. Can anybody direct me to the website where I can get my certification as an “internet orthopedic surgeon”? There are so many of them on this thread, it must be an easy thing to get.

11. Because your Dr. In HS was a specialist like NFL team Dr’s and had the same facilities & technology available as they do also right?????

A MRI on your knee is a MRI on your knee regardless of where and how you get it. The diagnosis is the same regardless of who is telling you. The consequences of rushing something back that you didn’t have to is the same regardless of who you are. I’m sure his doctors are way more qualified than mine were but a knee injury is so common that I don’t think it takes a certain doctor to tell you something another doctor cant

12. savethebs says:
    November 8, 2019 at 3:53 pm
    purpleguy says:
    November 8, 2019 at 2:52 pm
    ———-
    savethebs says:
    November 8, 2019 at 3:53 pm
    ====
    I just wonder if these are the very same medical professionals who gave the green light for Reid to rush Justin Houston back into the Chief’s lineup in the 2015 playoffs after he hyper-extended his knee & injured his ACL during a week 12 game.

Mahomes is risking that huge long term contract – some would say ballsy, some would say – foolish. He had a target on him after being named MVP, now with this injury – he better get rid of the ball in under 2 seconds especially behind that makeshift offensive line.

13. You think father time is undefeated, well father knee on running QB is undefeated as well. He will wear a brace for the rest of his career.

14. mzew233 says:
    November 8, 2019 at 4:12 pm

——————————————————————————

Dude, if you lose 3 months worth of paychecks that’s on you not Mahomes. I’m not hoping you lose that money personally, but I’m sure not hoping you win it.

15. dont worry if things look bad the refs will be there to bail him out of those 3rd and longs with some phantom PI or Holding calls.

16. When he is 100% healthy, he is by far the best QB in the NFL, and KC is the best team. Nothing really to debate about that….but woulda coulda shoulda….injuries are part of the game and those who adjust best to adversity win. KC has to hope they get a title before this window of having the best team/QB is too far diminished.

17. You guys remember RG3 rookie year? He hasn’t been the same since. That’s not what chiefs fans want to happen. The chiefs will win the AFC West, so Tennessee isn’t really an important game. Wait until the bye week 12, beat the raiders with Matt Moore week 13, bring Patrick back against the Patriots.