Report: Tom Brady suffered a foot injury in December

Getty Images

It was well known that Patriots quarterback Tom Brady had an elbow injury in December, based on his repeated shaking of the arm after throwing the ball and, you know, the contents of the team’s injury report. It was unknown that Brady had a foot injury, based on the absence of any shaking of the foot or, you know, the contents of the team’s injury report.

According to Mike Giardi of NFL Media, Brady “dealt with a foot injury suffered at some point in December.”

Brady appeared on the injury report with a toe injury in Week 14, but no toe or foot injury was disclosed at any point after that. The New England injury report disclosed Brady as having an elbow injury in Week 11 through Week 15.

It’s no surprise Brady was a little banged up by the end of the season. He became the oldest player in league history to start every game, and the overall inefficiency of the players around him caused him to take more hits than usual.

As Brady aspires to play at least three more years, his next move (whether it’s to stay put or to literally move) may be influenced on the extent to which he believes he’ll have a supporting cast that maximizes his ability to remain as healthy as possibility. After all, pliability and avocado ice cream only take a guy so far in his quest to outlast Father Time.

45 responses to “Report: Tom Brady suffered a foot injury in December

1. Every player in the NFL is injured at some point during the NFL season. Brady still played every snap which is better than some. Can’t ask for more.

2. Here come the excuses
    ———————–

When have you ever heard Brady make excuses? He is always saying he needs to play better or the team – which he is a member of – needs to play better.

3. The cat and mouse games have begun. Belichick being noncommittal and Brady letting other teams know that he was physically impaired toward the end of the season. Just can’t envision Brady in a different uniform.

4. catquick says:
    January 6, 2020 at 4:51 pm
    It’s a violation not reporting an injury. That is cheating.
    —-
    No it isn’t. Player is not obliged to tell the team about injuries.

5. patsarticlemustpost says:
    January 6, 2020 at 4:51 pm
    Here come the excuses
    ———————–

Pretty sure he meant Pats fans. Who seem to always have an excuse. One that doesn’t extend to other teams. Just to the Pats.

6. It was plain to see his foot was bothering him during the game Saturday, just watching him walk after the play. Sheesh, I thought everybody knew. Like, it was so obvious nobody had to say anything.

7. Dee. It wasnt his fault! What a brave warrior to play through these life threatening injuries. Tommy is God!!

8. The problem with Brady if he wants $30 million per year is that it won’t leave very much for the rest of the “supporting cast” he needs to win.

9. I’m a Brady guy…wherever he wants to play I’m there. Pats are rebuilding for a while. Chargers? Bears? Bucs? Bills? Whoever gets him will own 2020-2022.

10. Brady won’t be on the Pats in 2020. The cupboard is bare after years of poor drafting, the team is generally old with a number of key aging FAs on D. Brady will let BB try to fix the mess he created without him covering for him again.

11. It does look like Father Time is starting to catch up to Tom Brady. Staying a NE might not be feasible as there probably won’t be enough money to keep Tom and bring in the new talent they need for another run. Not under the salary cap.

Bill Belichick is well known for dumping players before their talent falls.

I don’t believe Tom will play for another team prior to a retirement. Personally, I hope not as well.

12. Yeah, when I saw him run downfield and throw that decent block against the Bills a couple of weeks ago, I said now there’s a guy obviously hiding a very significant foot injury.

13. “mb7756 says:
    January 6, 2020 at 4:49 pm
    The Bills should throw $45m at Brady for 2020.”

5 years ago, sure. No way I would want that now. The Bills are building a good young team, that will last. Allen’s 3rd year is coming up – usually, when QB’s really come into their own.

I know TB wants to keep playing, but I wish he’d retire, and not just because I’m an opposing fan. It’s so rare that great athletes go out on top. Brady really should have walked away after the SB last year. There is a reason we don’t see a lot of 43 year old players in the league, outside of the kicking game.

14. The haters know that despite all the hurdles the Pats dealt with this year, they still won their division, were one play away in any one of three different games of getting a bye, and were a first and goal from the one from winning that playoff game despite Henry running for 200+.

That’s right, even when they “suck” they are better than most teams and never dead until there is no time on the clock.

If Brady comes back, he’ll have a chip on his shoulder.

15. Karma for cheaters
    —————–

Those 6 SB rings sure is karma. What karma do you speak of?

16. “Pretty sure he meant Pats fans. Who seem to always have an excuse.”
    —————-

But people like you never make excuses when the Pats win, right???

17. If Brady signs with the Colts, I’m gonna die laughing!
    ——————

I am curious to what team you root for? You said you do not want Brady to play for your team. Why do you never say what team you root for? Are they that bad?

18. patsarticlemustpost says:

______________

I root for any team that beats N.E.
    Hopefully, that’ll be a lot of teams next year and years to come.

19. johnnycantread says:
    January 7, 2020 at 11:51 am
    patsarticlemustpost says:

______________

I root for any team that beats N.E.
    Hopefully, that’ll be a lot of teams next year and years to come.
    ——-
    😭😭😭😭😭

20. I root for any team that beats N.E.
    —————

Meaning the team you root for has been abused by the Pats. The team you root for is so insignificant you will not disclose. You are the perfect example of a keyboard warrior. However, the amount of time and energy you put into the Pats you might pretty much are a Pats fan.

21. patsarticlemustpost says:
    January 7, 2020 at 1:25 pm
    I root for any team that beats N.E.
    —————

——
    Based on post history I would say Dolts fan 🙂 That of course would make you correct.

22. I have mentioned what team I followed before, but every time I do, the post was not deemed fit to print.
    For the record, I am not a Colts fan, Steelers fan or a Bills fan… unless they beat the Pats.

23. johnnycantread says:
    January 6, 2020 at 7:27 pm

If Brady signs with the Colts, I’m gonna die laughing!

________________

If I was a Colt fan, why would I die laughing?
    I know how much the Pats fans hate Indy, so I would find it amusing if he become a Colt.
    But if I were a Colt fan, I wouldn’t find it funny in the least, I would be angry that they sullied the team by bringing Shady aboard.

If he does sign with my team, I will either stop watching football, or change teams until he is off the roster.

24. If the Tom Brady led Pats losing excites you more than your team winning… you might be a fan of a really crappy team.

Come on Johnny! Have a pair and let us know who you root for. Are you really that ashamed of the franchise you have to seek out to post nonstop about the Pats to make you feel better about rooting for them? At least most of the trolls on here let us know who they root for. Did you not get the memo?

25. We’re on to Cincinnati… We’re on to Cincinnati…

I’m only here so I don’t get fined… I’m only here so I don’t get fined…