The man who set the world record in the broad jump at the Scouting Combine has leaped past the top of the cornerback market.
Per a league source, the contracts that Jones will sign with the Dolphins has a value of $82.5 million over five years. That’s an average from signing of $16.5 million per year.
Here are the details:
1. Signing bonus: $15 million.
2. 2020 salary: $11 million, fully guaranteed.
3. 2021 salary: $14 million, fully guaranteed.
4. 2022 salary: $14.375 million, guaranteed for injury only at signing; $6 million is also guaranteed for skill/cap, and that remaining $8.375 million is guaranteed for skill and cap on the fifth day of the 2022 league year.
5. 2023 salary $13.5 million.
6. 2024 roster bonus: $1 million, due on the fifth day of the league year.
7. 2024 salary: $12.425 million.
8. Workout bonuses: $100,000 in 2023 and 2024.
9. Per-game roster bonuses: Up to $500,000 per year in 2023 and 2024.
So the deal has $46 million fully guaranteed at signing, with another $8.375 million guaranteed for injury through the first two seasons. And it’s definitely the best deal ever signed by a cornerback.