Tom Brady says goodbye to New England

Tom Brady leaving New England
Getty Images

After 20 years, Tom Brady is leaving New England.

Brady posted on Instagram today that he is planning to leave the Patriots and sign with another team in free agency.

“I don’t know what my football future holds but it is time for me to open a new stage for my life and career,” Brady wrote.

Brady thanked the Patriots’ fans for their support through the years.

“I wanted to say thank you to all of the incredible fans and Patriots supporters,” Brady wrote. “MA has been my home for twenty years. It has truly been the happiest two decades I could have envisioned in my life and I have nothing but love and gratitude for my time in New England.”

Brady said nothing that indicated he has any hard feelings toward the Patriots.

“To all my teammates, coaches, executives and staff, Coach Belichick, RKK and the Kraft family and the entire organization. I want to say thank you for the past twenty years,” Brady wrote.

What we don’t know now is what Brady’s next stop will be. He could sign with a new team as soon as tomorrow.

154 responses to “Tom Brady says goodbye to New England

1. Not a fan of either cheater but my prediction is that Belichick will continue to be successful without Tom but Tom will only be mediocre without Bill.

2. Until he actually either signs a deal with a different team, or he retires, I see this as a smokescreen… Trying to force the Patriots’ hand by getting the fan base riled up.

3. I think the Hopkins trade may have been the last straw in Bradys’ view. How could the Patriots offer less than a second and David Johnson?

4. Now I can throw away all my Patriots logo hats, golf towels etc., because I also need a divorce from Belichick. Brady, for all he has done, should have gotten whatever he wanted, but Mr. Bill always has to show he’s the boss. Good luck Tom and I now hope the Patriots get throttled weekly.

5. tinkletinkleonyourstar says:
    March 17, 2020 at 8:56 am

——————

Tom is also 40 something years old, so that’s not really too bold of a prediction.

6. My money is on the Bucs. He would lose twice to Mahomes, perhaps miss the playoffs. That would take a hit on his legacy.

7. I had it all along…That deal would have been done already. BB Jon Lester’d Brady. Yep.

Nailed it again.

When he took off that headset with 2:30 to go vs Miami and 3 timeouts I knew why.

Brady was not mentally checked in last year. This is why. He knew it was his last year in NE.

His ego cannot handle the idea that it wasn’t about him and a plethora of weapons everywhere. He had a #1 D and a STs units that were blocking punts left and right, short fields everywhere, and he was mediocre at best. Very telling.

I had it all a mile away. Brady never really got over the fact he couldn’t have control with everyone calling him the GOAT all the time. It got to him as did Giselle and her little whispers in his ear.

Yep. BB saw it coming.

8. tinkletinkleonyourstar says:
    March 17, 2020 at 8:56 am

I have been saying the same for years. One need only look at every QB who has rolled through his system up there. Also agree with @bkinaction. Brady is the Queen of Drama.

But this all comes back down to sports versus sensation. If you would have told me 2 months ago that this would be what happens I would have told you read my comments from 3 months ago. His struggles in 2019 were not a lack of receivers. It was Father Time. The ONLY team in my book that made sense for him was Vegas – because of the hype. His effective QB days are WAY behind him.

And again, outside of that system, sorry.

9. Wow, I thought another year! But it reinforces the notion Belichick really quite likes Stidham – at least enough not to want to give in to Brady on a juicy 2-3yr contract.

10. Ride into the sunset Tom, he ain’t winning anywhere else – unless there is a crazy twist where he goes to a contender that already has a franchise QB, which will not happen.

11. It doesn’t say he’s leaving, it says thank you to the fans according to the quotes you posted.

12. Welp…. I got nothing.

Never did never will.

This will be enjoyable to watch the fanboys crying in their Cheerios.

Brady will go to Tampa Bay….and struggle.

13. Bill Belichick, 33-46 as a Head Coach WITHOUT Tom Brady, fired from the Cleveland Browns, 5-11 as Patriots Head Coach with ALL PRO QB Drew Bledsoe! Belichick was a PERENNIEL LOSER without Tom Brady.

So long

14. tinkletinkleonyourstar says:
    March 17, 2020 at 8:56 am

Bills record in NE without TB as the starting QB is 19-19 zero playoffs

Bill has NOTHING to do with the offense and NEVER has
    So not sure how or why TB will be “mediocre “ if you goes somewhere else

What is he all of a sudden not know how to read a defense

And don’t say itts the “system “ Josh ran the same “system “ in Denver and St. Louis and it failed
    We know it was the same “system “ because both amandola and D Thomas said “it’s the same thing we ran.

Wherever he goes he will have a big say in the offense

15. Not surprised one bit. Relationships tend to have a lifespan, and this one has reached it.

Brady has done everything right and owes the Patriots organization and fan base nothing.

I wish you success and victories wherever you go. When you play against the Pats……well, I haven’t processed that one yet.

16. Whatever Brady’s future holds THIS Pats fan wishes him nothing but fair skies, smooth seas and a following wind.

17. Oh crap. He really is coming here. I honestly don’t know what to think of this. Hopefully he takes it as a challenge and not a cushy place to retire. Clearly this leaves us with no long term solution at QB.

The good news is no more Winston. The guy is just toxic no matter what he’s doing on the field.

18. Hey Mark, Belichick is actually 51-65 without Brady. You’re right though, the Patriots are average at best without Tom.

19. Brady MADE the Patriots. He won SB’s in spite of Belichicks crappy D. He CREATED Belichick.
    ——
    No he didn’t.

20. Brady is a great player. He will be special again this year. I think that the Patriots are making a mistake but we will see this year who had more to do with the greatest run in pro football history.

21. didnthearwhat says:
    March 17, 2020 at 9:02 am

Feel the same way. Terrible way to end his career.

22. objectivefbfan says:
    March 17, 2020 at 9:04 am
    tinkletinkleonyourstar says:
    March 17, 2020 at 8:56 am

And again, outside of that system, sorry.

_______________________

For years? What since the 28-3 comeback against Atlanta? Since the 500 yard SB game against Eagles?

You could make an argument for the last 2 years he’s not been as good, but given he’s the QB in the 4 of the last 6 SB, hard to make the case that’s its been years since he’s been elite.

23. Hope it doesn’t but fear it will end up like….

Franco Harris as a Seattle Seahawk
    Johnny U as a San Diego Charger
    Joe Namath as a L.A. Ram
    Willie Mays as a NY Met
    Others?

Maybe only Joe Montana in KC had more of a respectable transfer……..?

24. Once the PATS lost out on Hopkins he announced. ‘No help…no me’! it’s been a great 20 year run. Time to rebuild. Give it a couple to three years.

CONGRATULATIONS to the rest of the league, i.e. haters. You get a reprieve for a while.

25. hes washed up and wont even come close to earning his contract. dumb patriot fans crying about belichick, like he should just throw 30 mil at a qb that was avg at best in 10 games past season. every qb that’s ever filled in for Brady looked better then they were in that system. Cassel won 10 games after not starting a game since high school! belichick’s system>brady.

26. Brady leaves after Patriots failed to get trade for Hopkins or Diggs, realizing they have no chance without game changing receivers.

27. Just please NOT to Miami. I can’t begin to imagine how terrible that would be for me as a Miami fan.

28. I’ve been saying this all along and everyone has been giving me thumbs down. When he said “I feel as though I still have something left to prove”, he was saying “I’m leaving”. There is nothing left to prove in NE. He wants to prove that he can win without BB.

29. I’d say something will be official within the next 24 to 48 hours. I think he knows where, probably Tampa or the Chargers. Won’t be Vegas since they signed Mariota. My money is on Tampa.

30. And just like Montana, Brady will go elsewhere and do nothing. His last year or two will be forgotten and his legacy will be as a New England Patriot.

31. “The glorious sound of Pats fans’ tears is delightful.”

32. Welcome to 20 years of irrelevance, Patriots fans. It was a nice run.

33. Pink hat Patriots fans – we see you 👀

Diehards are looking forward to the next chapter.

34. Enormously successful people often have enormous egos, and a drive to constantly prove themselves. It’s part of what makes them so successful. Both BB and TB share this trait. I can appreciate how TB gets on people’s nerves, but it comes with the package. He’s earned the right to see if he can have success elsewhere – he likely won’t have anywhere near that in the year or two he has left, but he has earned the right to try.. We, as fans, don’t have to like it, but no one can question that he has earned that right, and if someone wants to pay for the privilege, so be it. I just hope Pats fans appreciate that this is a road (like Green Bay in the 1960s and Pittsburgh in the 1970s and SF in the 1980s) that is to be treasured – it may not come your way again. So savor it and move forward

35. “New England is entering a rebuilding decade.”

That kind of comment just makes me laugh. Belichick has constantly reloaded without much in the way of “rebuilding” years for the last 20 seasons. Why people think he will suddenly forget how to do so and keep the team competitive be it with Stidham or anyone else at QB is ludicrous.

36. Too bad. Brady at his age should know enough to go home before he gets hurt.

He reminds me of Johnny U. Where did he play his final year?

37. Thanks for the memories, it was an unprecendented run. However, it’s ironic he talks about team with the way he acted last season: snubbing the young receivers if they made a mistake, pouting after wins, passive aggressive press conferences, and an overall me-first attitude. I’m guessing he’ll eventually regret the decision to not finish his career, especially after single-handedly costing them a first round BYE with an atrocious pick-6 vs. Miami in his last regular season game as a Pat and the same thing vs. Tenn as his last pass ever as a Pat.

38. Guess it’s time for the Pats to go back to being the Pats. They should also go back to the white helmets and old logo.

39. didnthearwhat says:
    March 17, 2020 at 9:02 am
    ——————————————–

Brady quit the Pats last year. He held us back.
    He toyed with fans with Instagram posts and nonsense after the season ended.

Don’t let the door hit you in the ass, Tom!
    You neither, Mr. Fair-weather fan!

The band played on. . .

40. Bill Belichick, 33-46 as a Head Coach WITHOUT Tom Brady, fired from the Cleveland Browns, 5-11 as Patriots Head Coach with ALL PRO QB Drew Bledsoe!
    ____

All-Pro Drew Bledsoe? Wearing some revisionist glasses there buddy? He was never an allpro, he was a 4 time probowler, but 3 of those happened in his first 5 years. The year before BB got to NE he threw 17 TDs and 21 Ints. He wasnt a probowler in the two years before BB got there either.

You’re making stuff up.

41. tylawspick6 says:
    March 17, 2020 at 9:04 am

Nailed it again.

blah blah blah

====================

Get a grip. There’s a whole big world beyond worshipping sports teams and pro athletes.

42. It was an amazing run, like no other witnessed or likely to be witnessed again in my lifetime. My first child was born just before the 2001 Superbowl. My son born just before the 2004 Superbowl. My kids have grown up an a time when all 4 local major sports franchises have won championships. I will always cherish those memories and although I do not know Tom Brady personally (nor he, I) I thank him for the memories and moments of his and his teams accomplishments that brought my family together rooting for the Patriots. As soon as I found out he negotiated no franchise tag, I knew he was leaving. You don’t ensure you are a free agent unless you want to be a free agent. (If he wasn’t going to go anywhere else, he would have said so flat out, a la Brees.) Good luck to him next season, I will be watching with interest the twighlight of a legendary career.

43. GoodellMustGo says:
    March 17, 2020 at 9:26 am
    Pink hat Patriots fans – we see you 👀

Diehards are looking forward to the next chapter.

————————————

Right on!!!

44. So I have one question for Patriots fans: Was the cheating worth it?

45. And just like Montana, Brady will go elsewhere and do nothing. His last year or two will be forgotten and his legacy will be as a New England Patriot.
    ———————-

Montana took the Chiefs to the AFC championship game. I wouldn’t say that he did nothing.

46. Even though he’s said he wants another ring, it wouldn’t be too surprising if TB12 posts a subsequent message announcing his retirement.

47. tomthebombtracy says:

Hope it doesn’t but fear it will end up like….

Franco Harris as a Seattle Seahawk
    Johnny U as a San Diego Charger
    Joe Namath as a L.A. Ram
    Willie Mays as a NY Met
    Others?

Maybe only Joe Montana in KC had more of a respectable transfer……..?

___________________________________________________________________________

Marcus Allen in KC did pretty well after his Raider career

48. harrisonhits2 says:
    March 17, 2020 at 9:28 am
    “New England is entering a rebuilding decade.”

—-
    Yup. If Bill was gone too – totally different story.

49. This is weird. Is my Instagram different? I’ve read Brady’s two-pages over and over and it DOESN’T include this language: “I don’t know what my football future holds but it is time for me to open a new stage for my life and career,” It’s a whole lot of thanking to the fans, BB, the Krafts, etc., but it doesn’t say he’s leaving.

If he’s going to another team, I will be sad not to have him complete his legendary career with one team. But I wish him and his family all the best.

Still, there’s something funky about this Instagram post. Read it for yourself. It doesn’t actually say anything definitive.

50. The glorious sound of Pats fans’ tears is delightful.

—-

that’s the first time I’ve heard that tears make a sound.

regardless, as a Pats fan I’d like to see Brady finish his career here, but I don’t begrudge him making a decision he thinks is best for himself, and I don’t begrudge the Pats/BB making decisions that are in the best interest of the team.

I appreciate what Brady has done for the Patriots – it has been a fantastic and unparalleled ride that can never be taken away – and wish Brady well (except against the Pats) but remain a loyal Patriots fan. Yup, I can do both at the same time.

51. If BB is so arrogant to think they won’t miss a beat without TB he’s going to find out how much TB meant to that team. I think TB was tired of taking less money only for BB to let the talent on the offensive side of the ball drop to unacceptable levels. That’s why they were desperate enough to have Josh Gordon and AB on their roster. All this talk of BB being a genius and how everything he did was brilliant (like trading for Sanu) is just a bunch of garbage. That roster is nothing like those of the Super Bowl teams. TB may just have been tired of BB and it would be hard to blame him.

I will be surprised if TB doesn’t sign with a team that is playoff-caliber and only needs a QB (like Peyton did with Denver).

52. dean7979 says:
    March 17, 2020 at 9:18 am

And cassell won 10 games 2 years later in KC without the “magical system “and made the playoffs

The cassell argument is always a dumb one.

53. tylawspick6 says:
    March 17, 2020 at 9:04 am

Nailed it again.

Yep. BB saw it coming.

3 11 Rate This

————————

^^LOL!

9 downvotes for me nailing another piece of analysis! LOL!

54. Wow.

I fully expected him to leave, but not with that kind of statement.

What Brady just said was “anybody but YOU, Bill!”

A much-deserved F-you middle finger to Belichick.

Tom Brady deserve so much better then a one-year, cut in pay insult. Not only because of the amazing things he accomplished for this franchise, but because he is still relevant, having won a Superbowl a season before, and still in good shape last season, but also because New England has nothing to put on the field in his place. Absolutely nothing.

I am so disappointed that Bob Kraft let Bill Belichick treat Brady like any other commodity he’s had in the past. Brady is different, he alone deserves so much better from Belichick

55. The Poster Formerly Known as Seahawk Boy Mike says:
    March 17, 2020 at 9:33 am
    So I have one question for Patriots fans: Was the cheating worth it?

1 3 Rate This

————————-

Is you believing in Santa Claus as an adult worth it, because we mock people like you behind your back.

LOL!

56. nflviewer says:
    March 17, 2020 at 9:31 am
    tylawspick6 says:
    March 17, 2020 at 9:04 am

Nailed it again.

blah blah blah

====================

3 1 Rate This

—————-

Listen, loser, for all the flak I get on here for supposedly being wrong all the time, this is another example where I was 100% spot on. AGAIN.

That’s the point.

Hint: don’t mock people who may be smarter than you

57. Wherever he goes, I hope he finds success, I only hope he’s not doing this just for the fattest paycheck he can get. I want to see him go to a solid contender – Tennessee or San Fran would have been perfect – and I would love to see him go to a Superbowl at the end of the season while the Patriots sit at home.

——
    Then you’re a Brady fan not a Patriots fan.

I hope the Patriots kick the tar out of Brady and his new team if they meet.

58. tylawspick6 says:

March 17, 2020 at 9:04 am

Nailed it again.

============

Pats offensive weapons irrefutable underperformed last year. Brady was #1 in tight window accuracy yet Pats were among leaders in drops. Their 2 most talented receivers played about 8 games total. The offensive line struggled when their starting center and fullback went out for the year and the special teams unit was not nearly as good and hurt them down stretch. Defense was great until the team needed them the most when they completely choked against Miami and Tennessee. It wasn’t ego, it was common sense. Pats didn’t want to help him out and wanted to move into a new era at QB. Brady wanted to utilize his collectively bargained right to find his best situation. No ego, just business. Fact.

59. Will be fun to see what Brady can do without Belichick’s defenses. He made Brady the only QB in history to have 15 top 10 scoring defenses and those defenses were instrumental in every Super Bowl except the ones against Carolina and the 2nd one against Philadelphia.

60. kurdishpats1 says:
    March 17, 2020 at 9:03 am

… He would lose twice to Mahomes, perhaps miss the playoffs. That would take a hit on his legacy.
    —————–
    There’s nothing that could take a hit on Brady’s legacy.

61. “Thanks for the memories” Tom. You gave us a LOT of wonderful moments, especially in that Atlanta Super Bowl game. Six rings… incredible… and we Pats fans thank you for every one of them. You ARE the GOAT, and always will be. What you did for New England will never be duplicated by anyone again… Mahomes may come close, but playing in NINE Super Bowls and winning SIX of them? That’s just amazing. Good luck on the rest of your journey whether on the field, as a supermodel like your wife, or wherever you go. We Pats fans appreciate everything you’ve done for us, so stuff it, haters…. GOAT! No doubt….

62. Bill Belichick, 33-46 as a Head Coach WITHOUT Tom Brady, fired from the Cleveland Browns, 5-11 as Patriots Head Coach with ALL PRO QB Drew Bledsoe! Belichick was a PERENNIEL LOSER without

Tom Brady. WITH TOM BRADY……………..he suddenly goes to 9 Super Bowls, wins 6 Super Bowls and is now called a Genius. Belichick took Tom Bradys 16-0 Pats and the next year when Brady got injured, lost not one, not 2 not 3 but 5 games and MISSED THE PLAYOFFS. All coaches that leave Brady fail. McDaniels, Weiss, Crennel, Mangini, Patricia, BELICHICK (complete and utter failure as a head coach without Brady as a QB). Brady MADE the Patriots. He won SB’s in spite of Belichicks crappy D. He CREATED Belichick’s genius reputation after it was in shambles after ALL THOSE LOSING SEASONS. Do you wonder WHY coaches like Shula, Parcells and others don’t give Belichick his proper due? Because they KNOW Brady made him….they KNOW Brady carried him…..my God, the 5 years of losing as a head coach WITHOUT Tom Brady is all you need!

So long Tom. You CREATED the Dynasty.

63. Dozens of internet trolls, with hundreds of screen names, are suddenly wondering what life will be like outside of the basement.

64. 20 Years. First Lombardi for the Pats, now 6. Go where you want, TB12. I will always respect you and the way you conducted yourself at all times. I’m also interested to see what the Patriots end up doing. Clearly BB wanted to move on.

65. Mark McClure says:
    March 17, 2020 at 10:07 am

So long Tom. You CREATED the Dynasty.

——-

3-1 with Garoppolo and Brissett

Also 2 rings as a DC without Tom.

Bill did just fine without Tom and I suspect he will continue to do so.

66. Well now we all get to see if it was Brady or Bill. I’m going with Bill. I think Bill wanted to keep Jimmy G. over Brady a couple years ago.

67. Here’s some of that awkwardness I was warning about if he didn’t retire. This is the tip of the awkward iceberg. It’s only going to get worse. Just retire, already, unless your sole objective is to be tabloid fodder.

68. Brady’s never won a Super Bowl without a top 10 defense and that’s all on Belichick. His defense won both games against the Rams and held the Falcons and Seahawks scoreless in the 4th quarter – also forcing key turnovers – allowing Brady to make his comebacks.

——————————

Mark McClure says:

Brady MADE the Patriots. He won SB’s in spite of Belichicks crappy D.

69. Truly stunning if he does leave. He always struck me as being smart enough to realize how good he had it. Jumping to a new team knowing your window is only maybe two years is a longshot proposition. Especially for a QB like Brady who doesn’t love audibling, meaning he’s not going to be like Peyton n Denver and basically do double-duty as the OC molding the new offense exactly to his liking. With Brady you’d need an offense and OC who are instantly in sync with him and that is asking a lot.

70. The Pats were always able to kick the can down the road by repeatedly restructuring Brady’s contract. Because Brady played past 42, they ran out of road.

It’s not either/or with BB and Brady. It’s BOTH/AND.

Belichick/Brady
    Lombardi/Starr
    Noll/Bradshaw
    Walsh/Montana
    Landry/Staubach
    Shula/Greise

There are a couple of exceptions (Joe Gibbs), but to have a dynasty, great coaches need great QBs, and great QBs need great coaches. BOTH became greater because of each other. Let’s stop pitting them against each other. It doesn’t work that way.

71. No tears here. Am grateful for 19 years of a tremendous effort and piles o’ winning from Tom, and wish him the best in whatever he does and whatever team he goes to, as long as the latter is not playing against the Pats.

Nice spin but you are a bad liar. And your comment that the Pats will reload as they have done before is flawed. Reloading was done while you had the best QB of this era…
    bB didn’t play a single down so no one is fooled by your absurd and obtuse rationalizations. Your tears are especially tasty because you are such an unapologetic Homer.

72. GoodellMustGo says:
    March 17, 2020 at 10:13 am
    Mark McClure says:
    March 17, 2020 at 10:07 am

So long Tom. You CREATED the Dynasty.

——-

3-1 with Garoppolo and Brissett

Also 2 rings as a DC without Tom.

Bill did just fine without Tom and I suspect he will continue to do so.

———————

Absolutely. Stidham broke both of Brady’s and JimmyGs preseason records. If the pattern holds, Stidham works hard, progresses, responds, etc, what do you think will happen?

NE will have another good QB (not Brady level) developed by the greatest GM and Coach in sports history.

He’s only been doing it for 20 years.

73. tqaztec says:
    March 17, 2020 at 10:02 am
    Reggie White did alright when he went to GB

3 0 Rate Down

—————–

But, that team was already loaded. Are the Chargers really the mid 90s Packers? No.

Also, White wasn’t 43 years old trending down when he left Philly. Huge difference here.

74. lemmetalkwouldya says:
    March 17, 2020 at 9:42 am
    Wow.

I fully expected him to leave, but not with that kind of statement.

What Brady just said was “anybody but YOU, Bill!”

A much-deserved F-you middle finger to Belichick.

4 6 Rate This

————————–

GARBAGE. The whole reason why Brady is who he is is because of TEAM and understanding that, not making it about himself.

When a player goes above the team like Brady has here, that’s it.

NE will win the division next year without Brady.

HIs leadership, body language and attitude last year was 100% appalling as a diehard Pats fan of 38 years and season tickets (I will inherit one day) since 1978.

I am a fan of the TEAM and in an age of primadonnas, I applaud BB for maintaining a team like atmosphere for success, just like I was releived when BB dealt MOss after Week 4 of the 2010 season, catapulting Brady into an MVP again.

Go look at Brady’s stats at the start of the 2010 season and then look at them when BB jettisoned the cancer Moss.

Case closed.

NE is loaded. Asbolutely loaded. They have cap space, draft collateral with 12 picks and 3 3rd rders, and a redshirted 2019 draft class to compete for spots. Stidham won’t be predictable and play favorites. When Brady went bad, that’s what he does. He locks onto Binkies. That all started in 2007, too. When BB spoiled him to the moon and back.

Some of us are intelligent, objective and kinda pay attention.

75. As a Pats fan I can honestly say I Don’t care. Although I know we can’t replace him with somebody that is as good as Brady, It’s time to move on. Definitely not counting on Stidham to be the long term solution.

76. so… Bill had seen enough and wants to move on with a mobile QB, or at least one that can extend a play once in a while. Should be interesting.

77. So…. do all of the non-calls on the Patriots and calls for roughing the passer that few other quarterbacks get go to Tampa with him? Or do they stay in New England? Maybe Tommy will have to take the same punishment that guys like Nick Foles or Case Keenum do every game! Nah…

78. tylawspick6 says:
    March 17, 2020 at 9:45 am

***********************************************************************************

Correction: you get flak for being wrong all the time when it comes to anything not having to do with the Patriots.

Also some flak for incessantly interjecting the Pats into any story that has absolutely nothing to do with the Pats.

79. mrbigass says:
    March 17, 2020 at 9:00 am
    Bet it’s a team no one has talked about. Top secret stuff!!

* Detroit
    Trying to work out a Stafford to LA trade. If they can’t, Tom’s going to LA. Forget TB, you really think he’d work with Arians after butting heads with Belichick for years?

80. He’s only been doing it for 20 years.

Let me help you out Francis. BB has only done it once=Tom Brady. Think about that if you can. He did not play a single down ….Brady did so your wishful thinking that Bill has a Midas touch with QBs is wrong. Jimmy G is not Brady and is not longer there so go back to the spin factory to conjure up some new BS.

81. To my knowledge, the only quarterback to win a Super Bowl with two different teams in Peyton Manning. Staubach and Aikman didn’t even try, even though both had offers.

Brady may be done with the Patriots, and all signs point to that, but the rest of the teams in the league are not nocking on his door.

Yeah, he won multiple championships in New England. That doesn’t mean he so that with any other team. Montana couldn’t.

Brady wants to go out a championship quarterback. But he’s not going to do that with any other team or coach.

He wants to play for another team? Fine. He’s a free agent and can sign with whomever he wants. But he’s not going to win another Super Bowl, no matter who he signs with.

He’s certainly not coming to Dallas, as if it would matter. The Cowboys just franchised Prescot and signed Cooper. Jones and McCarthy want nothing to do with Brady.

Live with it and weep.

82. baldbuc says:
    March 17, 2020 at 9:30 am

———-

Go back to “being the Pats”???

They’ve been good/great for the better part of their existence. In the last 30-35 years, They’ve been to 11 SuperBowls and 15 AFC Championship games.

That’s who they are. They’re not going anywhere and probably will still win the division.

83. Chill guys. When a guy guesses right for the 1rst time in his life, it’s gotta be very exciting for him. Even monkeys fall out of trees.

84. tylawspick6 says:

March 17, 2020 at 10:29 am

Absolutely. Stidham broke both of Brady’s and JimmyGs preseason records.

====================================

Pre season records? How encouraging. You must have a Michael Bishop and Zac Sudfeld jerseys in your closet.

BB is 18-19 without Brady starting, 33 of those 37 games started by a QB who went to a Pro Bowl. Bledsoe, Cassel and Jimmy G all had better years AFTER leaving. Brady was pretty darn important.

85. This is so wrong. His last pass with the Patriots will be a pick 6 and a forgettable last season.

I will always support Brady but he should not sign with another team unless he wants to know what it’s like to be the QB of a bottom feeding team. He won’t go anywhere with Tampa or the Chargers. Also, the Patriots are in for a very rough season without Brady. It won’t be pretty for Bill, nor for Tom. Sad. Just sad.

86. tylawspick6 says:
    March 17, 2020 at 10:29 am

————————

Preseason records?!? BWAHAHAHAHA!! I guess you have to grasp at straws when the future is uncertain.

87. Chill guys. When a guy guesses right for the 1rst time in his life, it’s gotta be very exciting for him. Even monkeys fall out of trees.

Thanks for sharing those personal experiences I feel better already.

This crying by the fanboys should warm the hearts of fans of all teams.

88. tylawspick6 says:
    March 17, 2020 at 10:29 am

Some of us are intelligent, objective and kinda pay attention.

—————————-

And then there’s you.

89. the truth is neither tom baby nor bill belicheat are responsable for the pats success. at the end of the day it all comes down to mr kraft. the buck stops at the top.

90. 11-5 with Cassell… who didnt start since HS and didn’t even have a training camp as starter

——————————-

You are moron, endless stupid “Matt Cassel” BS. the schedule in 2008 was as easy as that in the first half of 2019 season that Jets, Bills and Phins won 19 out of 30 against non AFCE. 2008 season actually proved that without Brady, Pats were just another AFCE team, even with Moss. So, are you going to claim that AFCE is one of the best divisions in the league?

91. Here’s what will likely happen:

Belichick will not be experiencing the 12-4, 13-3 campaigns that he had with Brady year in/year out while dashing the hopes of AFC pretenders in the playoffs on the way to Super Bowls. He’ll be tasked with developing Stidham or having a stop-gap like Dalton during the process, and will probably be successful to some degree, but no SB runs.

If Brady goes to TB, he will win them 3-4 more games per regular season year than Winston did, just with his brain. He also has better arm attributes than people realize, even at 43. No, he’s not a flick-of-the-wrist deep ball guy, but he never was. It won’t matter, because that style of play is overrated in consistent winning anyway.

Chargers? I think it’s likely, but the better move fit would be TB. Since the last time they made the playoffs in 2007, Brady has gone every year. The only Patriot miss was when he blew out his knee in 2008. Also 8 straight AFC title games. Teams would be unwise to doubt Brady’s resolve and ability to win–even now. He would transform that area and fill the stadium.

Bottom line: the Pats just got much worse and the Chargers or TB just got much better.

92. Why would he have hard feelings to the Patriots? That would make no sense. He was a Patriot for 20 years and Robert Kraft treated him like a son. He understands that the Patriots think it’s time to move on from a 43-old quarterback.

93. TB12 is gone, all the bars and pubs in Boston are closed. At least the Red Sox will be playing…..oops, my bad. Major League baseball is shut down. I actually feel bad for all of the Bostonians.

94. Clitoral Hood says:
    March 17, 2020 at 3:14 pm
    —————————

I have no idea why you would feel bad for residents of the best city in the United States. I can understand feeling bad for all the other, lesser cities, but not Boston.

95. finzfan49 says:
    March 17, 2020 at 9:20 am

I agree. How often has Brady won in Miami? Since 2009, 3 times (2010, 2016, 2019)…he can’t take the heat.

96. Remember when everyone thought he was Joe Montana and the eagles should have kept him and traded Wentz? Another learning experience for casual fans.

97. GoodellMustGo says:
    March 17, 2020 at 9:01 am

Bill or Brady?

Guess we are about to know the answer.”

———————————————————————————

Listen, Tom Brady is going to be FORTY THREE YEARS OLD this upcoming season. Whatever happens, we simply cannot compare what Brady does at 43 to what he might have done at age 30 or 35 elsewhere.

98. Both Brady and BB are making the right moves here btw. Brady can go get a lot of money and play with some weapons and BB didn’t have cap space to pay for a 43-year old QB who’s shown clear levels of decline the past two seasons. Especially since they could not have surrounded him with the talent to win this year. Good on both.