Tua Tagovailoa ready to compete without any restrictions

Getty Images

Tua Tagovailoa’s plan to work out for scouts next month and to be re-examined by NFL team doctors has not gone as planned because of the COVID-19 pandemic. The quarterback’s rehab, though, has gone as expected.

Or maybe even better than expected.

Chris Cabott, the president and COO of Steinberg Sports & Entertainment, told Eric Edholm of Yahoo Sports that Tagovailoa is fully cleared and “ready to compete without any restrictions.”

Dr. Chip Routt repaired Tagovailoa’s injured hip during a Nov. 18 surgery in Houston. Tagovailoa then returned to Alabama for three months of rehab at the Andrews Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center.

Dr. Lyle Cain, an orthopaedic surgeon and sports medicine specialist at the Andrews Center, deems Tagovailoa’s progress remarkable.

“I am extremely pleased,” Cain told Edholm. “If you told me four, almost five, months ago now that he’d be where he is now, I think I would have been very happy. I think he’s done extremely well for where he started out.”

Tagovailoa posted a video to his Twitter account a week ago while working out in Nashville with former NFL quarterback Trent Dilfer.

12 responses to “Tua Tagovailoa ready to compete without any restrictions

1. It would be horrible to see this young man drafted by a guy who took the Dolphins to their third worst season in the NFL era.

2. cowboyfan45 says:
    March 30, 2020 at 5:58 pm
    Screams of a Classic college quarterback that will be an NFL bust!
    +++

Have you ever even seen him throw? He is tremendously accurate. Just wondering if you’ve even seen him play.

3. cowboyfan45 says:
    March 30, 2020 at 5:58 pm
    Screams of a Classic college quarterback that will be an NFL bust!

+++

He’s better than your quarterback right freaking now.

4. I can’t see a way he starts the season as the QB1 for whoever takes him. I’d ease him in, for no other reason than to make sure he can take hits and get back up.

5. patriotmaleorgy says:
    March 30, 2020 at 5:49 pm

_____________________

Someone is scared. Look what Fitzpatrick and Tannehill did New England.

It’s not just Tua and Flores you should worry about. It’s ALL those draft picks.

6. bostonblows says:
    March 30, 2020 at 7:52 pm
    patriotmaleorgy says:
    March 30, 2020 at 5:49 pm

_____________________

Someone is scared. Look what Fitzpatrick and Tannehill did New England.

It’s not just Tua and Flores you should worry about. It’s ALL those draft picks
    ——————————
    I’m actually a Dolphin fan. Still in disbelief they hired a coach from division rival who has a track record of failing assistant coaches. Flores has done nothing but lead them to their 3rd worst season ever in the NFL and trade away a second and fifth rounder for a qb who will get cut in August.

7. hml1988 says:
    March 30, 2020 at 6:52 pm
    cowboyfan45 says:
    March 30, 2020 at 5:58 pm
    Screams of a Classic college quarterback that will be an NFL bust!

+++

He’s better than your quarterback right freaking now.

Plus Tua’s entire rookie contract (minus the option year) will probably cost less than one of Dak’s game checks

8. I prefer not to risk a high pick #5 on Tua. I like the idea of BPA like taking Simmons from Clemson or Wills at OT or Derrick Brown at DT. For me, I like Fitz running the QB spot for now. I might consider trading #5 and #26 with the Raiders for #12 and #19 if the Chargers were to jump ahead for Tua or the Skins were to take him at #2.

9. I wish this guy all the luck. The problem is that he played in a system at Alabama that is remarkable at piling up wins and whose players disappear in the pros.

I wish him well and hope that he can show the NFL that the gimmick QB thing is done and that throwing the ball proves you are a great QB, not running it 10 times per game.

10. Chris Sims was dead on with Murray and especially his insight on Drew Locke. He projected Drew Locke to start cause he was the most Pro-Ready guy and his Mechanics were spotless. The dude looks solid.