Russell Wilson: Seahawks wouldn’t have played if they were scheduled this week

Getty Images

Jim Trotter of NFL Media reported earlier in the day that a few prominent Black players are considering sitting out a game to make their feelings felt and force change.

The NFL season starts in two weeks. But Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson said Friday if games were scheduled for this weekend, he and his teammates would be sitting out after the police shooting of Jacob Blake.

“Yeah, for sure,” Wilson said on 710 ESPN Seattle, via Brady Henderson of ESPN. “I think just witnessing what happened to Jacob and everything else and all the things have have added up to this, it’s devastating. It’s truly devastating just to watch that. This isn’t like this hasn’t been doing on for years. That’s the scary part and sad part. The difference now is we get to see it every day because of social media and phones and everything else. I think the world is truly seeing the ugliness of society at times, and I think what’s really disappointing is just knowing that as we athletes try to make a difference and sometimes people don’t want to listen and don’t want to recognize that that could have been us, that could be us. I think that’s a real reality. I think for us as a team, for the Seahawks, we’re definitely discussing what do we do next. How do we make a change? How do we cause movement, and how do we make a difference? We’re in the midst of all that right now. We don’t have weeks, and we don’t have months. We don’t have years to change it. We have to all do it together, and we’ve got to do it now, and we need change now, and we need people to make a difference now. We’re calling on people like [the media] to really help us along the way, too.”

Wilson added that, as a father of three Black children, he has fears for them.

“It’s been one of the most difficult years of my life, observing and knowing and understanding that I have children,” Wilson said. “I have three amazing, intelligent, athletic, talented, full-of-lie, full-of-huge-huge-smile type children that just bring joy and bring light to the world and anybody they’re ever around, and what I fear is one day they’re not here because of somebody else’s insecurities, because of the lack of empathy, because of racism. And that’s a real thought that, to be honest, you all may not have to deal with. When I saw that, the reality is the reality, and it’s an unfortunate one, so how do we change that reality?”

85 responses to “Russell Wilson: Seahawks wouldn’t have played if they were scheduled this week

1. i love Russel Wilson – but come on – now NFL games are subject to cancellation because of random acts of violence that may involve cops and a 4x felon, weilding a knife, who’s history includes raping a teenage girl?

Hard to get behind that one

2. I never heard wielding a knife from anyone…nobody deserves getting shot in the back 7 times

3. Yes, don’t play and support a guy who had a warrant for his arrest for domestic abuse and sexually abusing a 14 year old girl. Plus he ran from the cops. Facts matter.

4. Play, and give your collective team check to a cause you all in believe in. Not playing does nothing

5. Right on Russ!
    Don’t blame you or any other players for a second for feeling what you do and what you all want to do.
    Keep on kneeling!

6. I’m really confused, can someone please explain to me how not playing, whether it be NBA or NFL, will “force change”. How will not playing force bad people to stop doing bad things?

7. The fans will boycott and it will be a boring winter without NFL. In saying that, I can take boredom and will be fine with turning my back on the NFL if they turn their back on the fans. U.F.C. make some room for many fans who will not return to the NFL.

8. It’s still not clear how deciding to take a day off from your job is going to help solve/fix anything.

9. Most difficult years of his life? You make hundreds of millions of dollars a year to entertain us with throwing a football. Please. Sit down. You don’t play I won’t watch. Several others will join forces. NFL revenue will go down. Your pay will go down. Laws will stay the same. I cannot believe these athletes, musicians, and actors who think not performing their job is going to somehow make a difference in our country. If I don’t show up to work on Monday, guess what? I have to work on Tuesday. This is garbage. And I’m not even getting into the facts surrounding the Jacob Blake arrest. Don’t write your own narrative or listen to anyone else’s narrrative. Research the facts before you kneel or protest.

10. These comments are absolutely disgusting. I stand with Russ and I’m proud that he represents my team and my city with class and dignity. I’m not sure how many times this needs to be said, but the man was not wielding a knife and the police do not get to be judge, jury and executioner. Facts matter. Too many black men are getting shot by police when they shouldn’t be. Is it really that difficult to comprehend?

11. chawkup says:
    August 28, 2020 at 4:55 pm
    These comments are absolutely disgusting. I stand with Russ and I’m proud that he represents my team and my city with class and dignity. I’m not sure how many times this needs to be said, but the man was not wielding a knife and the police do not get to be judge, jury and executioner. Facts matter. Too many black men are getting shot by police when they shouldn’t be. Is it really that difficult to comprehend?——————————————————– So how about the black men getting shot by black men. Does that bother you in the least. The numbers are 100’s to one. When compared with LEO.

12. Protest, not protest, it doesn’t matter. The general population don’t listen to athletes unless they are talking about their sport. Is this really a shock to them?

13. There was a knife in the vehicle. There is no evidence he was reaching for it.
    Next you’ll read somewhere on social media that he killed 55 people. It’s all BS.

There’s a real problem in this country, and it’s not just the cops. There are more guns than people.
    The cops walk into every situation fearing for their lives, and they act irrationally.
    The basis of racism is fear, and cops have it in spades.

14. Chawkup, please tell me what you want the officers to have done in this case. Genuinely, I want to know why it is that half the country sees this one way and the other half sees it another. The cops had him on the ground, he got away. Their tasers didn’t subdue him. Aka they TRIED other methods, just like everyone asks them to do. He breaks free anyway and despite cops telling him to stop, he proceeds to reach in his car. Do you honestly feel like a cop should have to wait until he pulls a potential gun out of the car before he shoots? It’d be too late then. So what is the issue? Because it was 7 shots? Are you saying it would have been okay had he only been shot once or twice? Please answer, or someone else on that side of the isle on this issue. What were those officers supposed to do??

15. I would find it so much easier to rally behind this cause if the black men getting shot by police weren’t career criminals, often resisting arrest, often carrying weapons, often with outstanding warrants, and seemingly always ignoring instructions from police officers. If Wilson, who I respect and enjoy watching, wants to sit out a game in order to accomplish nothing, go ahead—-as long as he forfeits his game check. But that seems unlikely given how intent he is on extracting every last dime from the Seahawks at every new contract negotiation.

16. Well here you go Russ, and all those woke folk. There’s about 7.9 billion people on this planet of 8 billion who have no idea who you are or what you think. You really want to make a difference along with your NBA brethren? Say Those Names of all the people in China who are being exploited every day by their government. Or how about North Korea, I’m sure there’s a person here and there who have been repressed by their own people. Start doing that and maybe start appreciating the fact you get paid many many millions for what you do in this country. Tell that to the other faces, and races, out there.

17. The NBA and MLB boycotted games! No fair! We want attention too! Hey, we would have boycotted too! Look at me!

🙄

18. Yeah, while you’re sitting out games, why not fix Chicago as well. Seems there is a problem there to be concerned with……

19. Chawkup, please tell me what you want the officers to have done in this case. Genuinely, I want to know why it is that half the country sees this one way and the other half sees it another. The cops had him on the ground, he got away. Their tasers didn’t subdue him. Aka they TRIED other methods, just like everyone asks them to do. He breaks free anyway and despite cops telling him to stop, he proceeds to reach in his car. Do you honestly feel like a cop should have to wait until he pulls a potential gun out of the car before he shoots? It’d be too late then. So what is the issue? Because it was 7 shots? Are you saying it would have been okay had he only been shot once or twice? Please answer, or someone else on that side of the isle on this issue. What were those officers supposed to do??

——

20. Another empty gesture that accomplishes absolutely nothing.

How will that help anything? Or is it simply that you are not committed enough to show up, play the game and use your game check to effect real change?

21. Such a backwards society.
    Taking a stand on sporting games? Really?

Why don’t you take a stand on your country America. March down to Pennsylvania Ave and demand change.

What a broken nation.

22. ghjjf says:
    August 28, 2020 at 4:44 pm
    ——

Pro athletes believe that we can’t live without them. It probably has something to do with the ridiculous amount of time we invest in watching games, participating in forums, and comment sections. It may also have something to do with the amount of money we spend on tickets, merchandise, concessions, parking, NFL Sunday Ticket, etc.

A lot of these guys wouldn’t have had the opportunity that they have today without a country that glorifies people that can play children’s games and rewards them with million dollar contracts, yet they’re oppressed.

If four months without sports has taught me anything, it’s that I can survive without them. They weren’t really missed, and I enjoyed spending more time with my family instead of spending endless hours on the couch watching meaningless games.

The fans have tuned out of MLB and NBA games, so much so that the PGA and NASCAR have outperformed them in the ratings. I doubt the NFL’s ratings will suffer the same fate, HOWEVER, as more and more of these protest and boycott comments surface, the prospects of low ratings is ever increasing.

I like to keep up with what’s going on, but I haven’t watched a single NBA nor MLB game this year and I don’t intend to watch any NFL games either. Not particularly because of the protests and boycotts (though they don’t really help matters) I just have little interest and it doesn’t entertain me anymore.

I think a lot more fans out there feel the same.

23. The league is really treading in some dangerous waters giving their players this much power and basically putting their business model in the players hands. The league is obviously taking fans for granted thinking they will always be there, they can just crap on the fans and cancel games on a minutes notice and they’ll come back for more no matter what like a drug addict. I got news for them they’re going to lose a lot of fans if they insist on politicizing sports, a lot of people are going to stop watching the games on TV and buying tickets, merchandise etc. The league is going to lose hundreds of thousands if not millions of fans if they keep this up. People will find something else to do on Sundays where they aren’t constantly hit over the head with race issues and politics. People use sports as an escapes from their daily lives, an escape from the crap going on in America today.
    They could get this kind of politicization from turning on their nightly news cast at home without driving down to their local stadium and paying $50 bucks to park and another $100 to feed the family at the stadium.

24. There was a knife in the vehicle. There is no evidence he was reaching for it.

The basis of racism is fear, and cops have it in spades.

Really…so the object in Blake’s hands , which is seen on the footage…with a curved blade ISN’T the same knife that was found in the vehicle? That’s a neat trick.

And the police (ALL of them) wouldn’t have their guns drawn if Blake didn’t admit he had a knife ( he did) and was brandishing it when he was out of his vehicle (he was ..it’s on the footage just MSM doesn’t report it because it blows their narrative to pieces), repeatedly not listen to police commands even AFTER the taser failed (he didn’t) and AGAIN was ordered to drop the knife, even when the cop was directly BEHIND him (he didn’t) ….it’s just a trigger happy cop we’re talking about here, right?

All this talk about accountability with the police, yet when can you expect it from the citizens? If Blake just listened to the police, the chances of him being shot drop to less than 1%. Yet, the narrative goes on.

25. Does not matter what a person is wanted for, cops shooting a black man or any other person in the back 7 times unless they are fired at you firt, will not be tolerated anymore. You have our support Russell.

26. I can’t believe what I am reading here. No wonder black folks keep getting shot for no reason, with this kind of logic. You seriously think its ok to shoot a guy in the back 7 times because he has a criminal record, and was resisting arrest? Since when does that merit execution without a trial? Who gave the cops the right to execute people for resisting arrest, or for using a counterfeit $20 bill, or for jogging in a white subdivision? What if it was your son that did that? Why didn’t the cop just put his gun away, use 2 hands (and his partner) to tackle and cuff the guy and figure out what’s the problem? What the hell is wrong with you people?

27. scout101 says:
    August 28, 2020 at 4:41 pm
    Teach your kids not to resist arrest even if they have not committed a crime.
    ———————————————————————
    First teach cops to stop shooting unarmed people, black and white, who are unarmed.

28. duane0621 says:
    August 28, 2020 at 4:11 pm

Hard to get behind that one
    ———————————

Exactly? What do they want the cops to do? The cops were called to the scene of a wanted felon waving a knife and threatening to stab someone. That’s where the call starts at, they show up with that on their mind. The cops show up and they told the man several times to get on the ground and stop resisting, instead he decided to fight. When the taser didn’t work, he got up and walked around to the drivers door of the car. With the cops STILL telling him to put his hands up, he reachs in the door of the car and reachs for a knife and was shot for doing so.

Where is the personal responsibility? If I did that I would be expecting to get shot, which is why I WOULDN’T DO THAT. I’d put my hands and follow orders, these are police officers not random strangers approaching you. You are supposed to follow LAWFUL orders, he didn’t and he paid the price. I really don’t understand what they want these cops to do? We already ask them to put their lives on the line every day to protect the public, when they get called to man waviing kife and threatening to kill people who then fights the cops that’s EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE DOING. Protecting the public from a dangerous felon.

29. The silent majority will show several throughout this great land who needs who. Stop it with the threats and do your job. But please do protest for what you believe is right because that is your right. Action speaks louder than words.

30. Again………Where was Russell after the 4th of July murders of black children in Chicago? Where was Al Sharpton? Crickets……..

31. Go ahead and refuse to play. That’s grounds to void your contract. Let’s see just how many of you will put your millions on the line for a criminal that didn’t follow orders even after a taser was deployed and instead tried to get into a vehicle containing a weapon.

32. I’m sure the players making league minimum would be perfectly fine giving up a sizable portion of the pay they’ll make in their career. Unlike the NBA and MLB, the NFL is an owner driven league so they most certainly wouldn’t be paid a game check for a game not played.

33. yes…thats EXACTLY what they are supposed to do..wait until there is a REAL credible threat to their life. Were you there? did you see any of it…what should the cops have done who kneeled on FLoyds neck for 9 minutes? What about others shot in the back running away…risk comes with the job, it does not come with being a citizen. The cops could have backed up if they felt a threat and assessed. There are a litany of other measures….but you think teh ONLY viable answer at that point was killing him??? thats the problem..white america sees it that way. Black america and most of rationale america does not.

Floyd died from a drug overdose. And it was 7:46, not 9. Not saying the cops were in the right, they weren’t, and they should be prosecuted for whatever the DA can get them for. But let’s stop the lies.

34. Somehow I don’t think his children will be out involved in a domestic violence situation and then fight 2 cops then go for a knife. I think they’ll be ok

35. Wouldn’t a single shot have subdued him? Definitely 2. Certainly 3. What were the additional 4 shots for?

36. bruno007 says:
    “Who gave the cops the right to execute people for resisting arrest, or for using a counterfeit $20 bill, or for jogging in a white subdivision?”

The cops didn’t shoot a man for jogging in a white subdivision, three racist idiots did, and have been charged with 1st degree murder if I recall correctly.

‘Giving up a game check’ – isn’t it true that for many players, most of the money comes in signing bonuses?

37. carloswlassiter says:
    August 28, 2020 at 6:14 pm

————————

These are live rounds. At that point, you’re well past the point of merely trying to “subdue” someone. Shooting someone in the leg as a non-lethal means of putting someone down is just TV/Hollywood; severing the femoral artery with a gunshot to the leg is just as easy as hitting a vital organ in the torso. Bullets are NOT meant to subdue. They’re meant to kill

38. carloswlassiter says:
    August 28, 2020 at 6:14 pm
    ————————————————————————————–

Because cops are trained to shoot until the suspect is no longer deemed a threat.
    In other words, shoot them in the back until dead.
    It doesn’t make any sense when just one shot to the leg or foot would have been enough to have stopped him.

39. So much hate here. Its discouraging. Its kind of tough to realize the country I live in cant deal with racism. I want us to be better than that. But I guess when you don’t see it, Its never gonna happen. I wont stop trying. Here’s to all brothers and sisters out there trying to make a difference!

40. bruno007 says:
    August 28, 2020 at 5:38 pm

——–

He was executed? I missed the news that he’d died.

41. chawkup says:
    August 28, 2020 at 4:55 pm

————————————————————

Facts do matter

A black American is statistically more likely to be struck by lightning than shot by a cop. Re-read that, more likely to be struck by lightning. However the #1 killer of black Americans (aged 18-34) is *drum roll* being killed by another black American.

Name just one law at the City, Country, State or Federal level that discriminates against any race. Race relations have been getting better since Civil Rights but the pressing problems facing the black community aren’t coming from law enforcement but the fact that black community promulgates a culture that leads it to substantially more interactions with law enforcement.

42. It may be just another empty gesture, but at least it has everyone, even the trolls and bots, talking about it here.

43. Why does no game this weekend matter? If Russ wants to sit out a game to protest then opening week is only 2 weeks away. Saying “Ah man! I want to sit out a game and make a sacrifice for this cause but I can’t because I do not have a game for two weeks.” is not exactly taking one for the cause. JB is not going to be any less shot in two weeks.

44. Pro athletes have lost sight of the good they can do for thier fans. We need a distraction that is positive still can voice your opinion, but play. More people will listen to you on the NFL stage than being an ex pro athlete.

45. vottorific says:
    August 28, 2020 at 6:28 pm
    ———————————————————————————-
    I can’t say for sure that this many NFL/sports fans who object to players protests are racists.
    But it is sad to see that there is this many who support the cops instead of innocent and unarmed black victims of the police who do not deserve to get shot or killed.
    Don’t they want to see this kind of violence end?

46. What is going to change between now and the first game of the season.? What? It’s going to fade into the back pages of our memories and it isn’t as relevant? That is exactly part of the problem. Police officers need to be able to be charged with murder or attempted murder where warranted & maybe they would think twice about just shooting people. I think if black NFL players came out tomorrow and said “we are not playing in week one” and some of the huge money earners in the NFL kicked some money down to players who are on small contracts would be tremendous. CHANGE WILL NOT HAPPEN WITHOUT SACRIFICE. Better yet I think it would be tremendous if both teams played the game and every time the ball was snapped, both teams took a knee. Do that the entire game and donate their game checks to whom they want. THAT would get some serious attention. It would gain so much attention and it would totally mess up the record book but hey… WHATEVER IT TAKES! Your either all in or your out.

47. The comments are, unfortunately and as usual, mostly inaccurate and off point.
    First, Blake is a child rapist. If you are going to hitch your wagon to someone, try not to use someone who had sex with a 14 year old. And before someone says “well that doesn’t mean he deserves to be shot” take a moment and realize 75% of America disagrees with you.
    Second, learn police procedures before you comment. They have an escalating list of how to deal with a violent criminal like Blake. They talk to him — did it. They physically try to restrain him — did it. They taser him — did it. As a last resort, they will use a gun, if the person is a threat. If you disobey, if you are violent and if you reach into an area where the police cannot see your hands, yes, you are considered a threat. The police do not have to wait to see a gun or be shot at. That’s not how it works and for good reasons. As to 7 shots, if you shoot, you ALWAYS soot to kill. So, there is nothing wrong with 7 shots. This police officer did nothing wrong. But, even if we assume he did, you do not base a protest now what happens to a child molester. That is just dumb. Blake is no Rosa Parks.
    Second, but more importantly, you do not succeed by focusing on a small problem, when a big problem looms. To use a football analogy, would you want your team spending 100% of their time and focus on fixing the strong safety position when your quarterback sucks? Of course not, you would fire the GM who did that. Over 2500 black American are murdered every year, 90% by other black Americans. This is more than 20 times as many as are killed by police. Setting aside the fact “victims” of police shootings are all or virtually all criminals, a black American is over 20 times more likely to be murdered by another black citizen than to be killed by a police officer. That means black on black murder is a HUGE issue. Where is the outrage over black on black crime? Where is the boycott? Again, if police shootings are assumed to be a problem, you do not ignore it, but if you are a serious person you focus on the bigger problem. You do not spend all your time and energy on the strong safety when your quarterback sucks.
    Finally, there is a simple way to fix the problem of police shootings. How about a public service program by these athletes where the message is “obey the police”? Please point me to the shooting where the “victim” obeyed the police. Does not exist. So Russell Wilson, LeBron James, etc., let me hear you first come out with a serious message about controlling black on black crime. Then let me hear you use your influence to encourage people to obey the police. If you do those 2 things, then I will take you seriously. If you do not, then I and 60%+ of America will continue to ignore you, as you are not a serious person.

48. kingfish13 says:
    August 28, 2020 at 5:52 pm

———————————————–

For that matter, what was either of there response when David Dorn was shot and killed a couple of months ago……and for those who don’t know the name, Google it..

49. My comment stirred a fair amount of reaction, which is good. We collectively need to have these conversations, even if it is difficult.

Police cannot use deadly force unless they have a reasonable fear of imminent and serious bodily harm. In this case, while we don’t know everything, it does not appear as though they had such reasonable fear. Blake didn’t have a gun. If he had a knife, which is doubtful, there is no indication that he was thrusting it at anyone. You can’t kill a person for resisting arrest. You just can’t. Again, police as judge, jury and executioner is a really, really bad system.

For those commenting on black on black killings, there is a fundamental difference between civilian crime and police shootings. A police officer acts as part of the state. When he takes a life, that is the government taking that life. In doing so, it is an infringement on all of our rights. Civilian crimes, no matter the race involved, are obviously really bad too, but they cannot be compared to crimes committed by state actors. Also note that, historically, crimes committed by police are rarely charged, rarely prosecuted, and rarely result in guilty verdicts, all of which are at least partially due to inherent biases, bad laws, and flat out corruption.

I’m a white dude with lots of white privilege and I stand by all of my brother and sisters of every race and say proudly that Black Lives Matter.

50. I agree. Also, every cop should take the day off as well. Let’s see how which has more impact.

51. The NFL players have a lot of power. They would be more powerful if guys like Tom Brady and Drew Brees joined the cause. If not, linemen might decide not to pick up the blitz. I mean, it’s like you watch my back and I’ll watch yours. You leave me hung out to dry, I’ll do the same.

52. So now we have “what if” virtue signaling. Brilliant. Are these idiots trying to completely bankrupt the league? Keep going.

53. For what it’s worth, I appreciate the people who took the time to respond to my comment. Not that 100 people in a football comment thread represent the nation at large, but seems like the point of disagreement is “when is it okay to for the police to shoot someone”. While at first glance, I understand why someone would say “only when they were shot at first or are 100% put in harm’s way already”, please understand the unintended consequences that would occur if the system operated that way. How many innocent officers do you think would die if they waited for someone else to fire first? We would no doubt have more dead officers than we’ve had dead victims (who have typically also been felons). No offense, but I’m not trading a felons life for an officers. Especially considering said felon would not have been shot if they just put their hands up and followed orders.

54. I’m just glad that this whole systemic racism, social injustice, and the lot started the day that President Trump was sworn in. Now I know who to blame.

55. Yeah sure Russ. I’m sure if you realized you’d lose a game check, along with having to forfeit that game, you’d be singing a different tune lol.

56. Chalkup, it’s kinda neat we’ve been commenting right after another. I think we just disagree that the officer didn’t have reasonable immediate bodily harm. To me, when you are informed that the person you are dealing with has a gun history, is a sexual offender, that in all likelihood means you aren’t dealing with a rain of sunshine kind of person. Then add to it that he was strong enough to escape capture from off the ground, shook off a taser, wouldn’t comply with officer requests, and then reaches into a car after repeatedly being told not to do so… To me, that is being put in immediate bodily harm.

57. Most difficult years of his life? You make hundreds of millions of dollars a year to entertain us with throwing a football. Please. Sit down. You don’t play I won’t watch. Several others will join forces. NFL revenue will go down. Your pay will go down. Laws will stay the same. I cannot believe these athletes, musicians, and actors who think not performing their job is going to somehow make a difference in our country. If I don’t show up to work on Monday, guess what? I have to work on Tuesday. This is garbage. And I’m not even getting into the facts surrounding the Jacob Blake arrest. Don’t write your own narrative or listen to anyone else’s narrrative. Research the facts before you kneel or protest.

————————————
    Sounds like you’re already pissed! Lol. Guess what? If You never watch RW again, he’ll still be rich and married to Ciara. And you’ll have to wake up being you. Life isn’t fair huh?

58. chawkup says:
    August 28, 2020 at 7:12 pm

—————————————————————————

No you’re a white person indoctrinated by the far left to blame yourself for sins and actions you didn’t commit. I’m a latino dude or hispanic or whatever (my parents were born in Latin America) and it’s infuriating to no end how white liberals are so easily offended on my behalf.

“Leftism is a religion of self-loathing. It teaches white people to hate their race, men to hate their sex, women to hate their femininity, Americans to hate their country, Westerners to hate their history. What a contemptible, toxic thing it is”

59. factsmatter says:
    August 28, 2020 at 6:53 pm
    The comments are, unfortunately and as usual, mostly inaccurate and off point.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you. I’ve been trying to say this same exact thing, and they don’t post my statements. In each of these cases Rayshard Brooks, George Floyd, and now Jacob Blake, they were all doing something illegal. Brooks and Blake deserved to be shot. Brooks punched a cop, took the cops weapon, ran, and pointed it at the cop. Blake disobeyed police orders, then reached into his vehicle. That cop had every right to shoot, it’s what they’re trained to do. That cop didn’t know what he was reaching for. The only one that didn’t deserve to be killed is Floyd. They had him handcuffed and on the ground, that cop didn’t need to kneel on his neck.

The problem here is that they make all these guys out to be saints, when they’re the furthest from it. They sweep under the rug the reason why the cops were called, and what they did to be shot. Then what do they do? They riot, loot, set buildings and vehicles on fire. What does that prove? Absolutely nothing.

60. duane0621 says:
    August 28, 2020 at 4:11 pm

Hard to get behind that one
    __________________________________

Not for the blacks it’s not, they always back these criminals but let it be a 8YO b;ack girl or 19mo old black baby sitting in his living room watching TV get murdered by another black and NEVER A SINGLE WORD……….. CRICKETS! Makes the whole BLM thing seem so hollow, so misleading, so fake!

61. So NFL fans should just not bother watching the NFL at all this season. Good to know, another pointless pro sport league going woke for no good reason. Go broke.

62. Russ if you played this week I would not have watched because I was sitting out this week to bring awareness to complying with the Police. Some things are too important and we all play a role and many other fans looks up to me, I know some of you might say “shut up and watch”. But too many fans count on me to be a role model and use my platform for change. The lesser fans need me to be that guy. Enough is enough silence is violence

63. A lot of you seem opposed to this, well you’re talking about it and that’s the point.

64. Rich D says:
    August 29, 2020 at 7:35 am
    Enough is enough silence is violence

________________
    This slogan makes no sense. Violence is violence. Like the peaceful protests with fires raging in the background….

65. Professional players sitting out games will change nothing. People are not going to suddenly change their behavior because of so and so is not playing, or so and so said to.

History has shown that effecting change takes time to affect changes.

66. Don’t play. Forfeit your salary then go find a real job. The truth of the matter that no one seems to come right out and say is this. None of the men that were shot by the police would have been shot if they had just listened to the officer in the beginning. Cooperate with them then if you feel you were treated unfairly then fight it afterwards…