Ravens officially waive Mark Ingram

NFL: JAN 03 Ravens at Bengals
Getty Images

The writing was on the wall for running back Mark Ingram when he was a healthy scratch for two of the final three games of the 2020 regular season and remained on the bench for the team’s two postseason games.

Baltimore did not wait until the offseason to part ways with Ingram, however. Word that they’d waive him broke on Monday and the team made it official with a farewell from General Manager Eric DeCosta on Tuesday.

“We are making the tough business decision to terminate Mark Ingram’s contract,” DeCosta said in a statement. “Mark is a talented winner who brought passion, toughness, leadership and chemistry to the Ravens. He contributed in so many meaningful ways on and off the field, and we wish him the very best as he continues his career.”

Ingram has one year left on his contract if a team wants to claim him on waivers. The move would not go through until after the Super Bowl and they’d be taking on a $5 million salary for next season.

23 responses to “Ravens officially waive Mark Ingram

1. I’ll take him in Dallas, he can pick up yards you didn’t know were there. A very good and above decent back.

2. I think the Bills (yes, the Buffalo Bills) should pick him up for Sunday’s game vs Chiefs, to supplement their depleted backfield with Zack Moss now on IR. Not sure I trust TJ Yeldon as the #2 RB. Thoughts?

3. Why would Patriots want Ingram? Michel and Harris are much younger and better. Patriots have plenty of holes, but RB is not one of them.

It’s a rough life as a RB in the NFL. Over the hill at 32.

4. buffaloboys says:
    January 19, 2021 at 6:35 pm

I don’t believe a team can do that in the post-season. Pick up a player another team waived.

5. He’d be a nice sub for Montgomery with the Bears and a great mentor on an offense that badly needs some player leadership. Don’t think the Bears cap situation can accommodate that kind of $$ for a RB2 though.

6. Good football player and tough as nails

Someone will be picking up a Pro’s Pro

7. His injury at the end of last year did him in else he may have finished his three year contract in Baltimore. He was never the same after that calf injury

8. Ratbirds will sign 9 RBs in the off-season and try to run their High School offense again. Try to limit candy-armed Jackson to 10 throws/gm & get him 28 carries. Should work well. LMAO

9. “The writing was on the wall for running back Mark Ingram when he was a healthy scratch for two of the final three games of the 2020 regular season”
    ——————————————————————————-
    The writing was actually on the wall in huge capital letters when they drafted J.K. Dobbins.

10. Good fit with Titans to spell Henry, who if they don’t start managing his load is going to sputter out sooner than he should.

11. As a fan, this is why I never get annoyed when players like Ezekeil Elliott hold out for more money. It’s ultimately a business. With their short shelf life, running backs have to try and maximize their earnings wherever possible, especially if they have leverage.

12. buffaloboys says:
    January 19, 2021 at 6:35 pm

—————————————

They answered this in the piece….

13. Put him in Green Bay – Aaron Jones has already turned down a big contract. Put him behind Jamal Adams and AJ Dillon.

14. grant35 says:
    January 19, 2021 at 7:38 pm

________________________

Actually the Ravens have 2 great backs and Justice Hill isn’t bad either. They’ll pick up more weapons, have a Pro Bowler return to the offensive line and with Jackson one year better will be back among the league leaders like they have been all of Lamar’s career.

15. buffaloboys says:
    January 19, 2021 at 6:35 pm

41 109 Rate This
    I initially thought the same thing until I found out later that he is not eligible to play the rest of the playoffs per a league rule? Too bad. I would have loved to see him play for the Bills and hopefully get a ring. He’s an awesome dude!

16. buffaloboys says:
    January 19, 2021 at 6:35 pm

41 109 Rate This
    ************************************************************************************

buffaloboys says:
    January 19, 2021 at 6:35 pm

41 109 Rate This

Seems some of yo dont like this idea, but I beleiv it is “legal”. A player form the Colts was claimed by GB after the Colts lost to Bills in Wild Card, per the Indy Star:

No, Jared Veldheer didn’t enter an NFL transfer portal.

The tackle who filled in for the injured Anthony Castonzo for two games — including the Indianapolis Colts’ playoff loss to the Buffalo Bills — has joined the Green Bay Packers, the NFC’s top seed, according to multiple media reports.

How did he do that? The Colts placed him on their practice squad after Saturday’s game, allowing other teams a chance to sign him.

This would make Veldheer the first player in NFL history to suit up for two teams in the same postseason.