Chad Wheeler’s victim speaks out

USA TODAY Sports

Free-agent offensive lineman Chad Wheeler faces domestic violences charges, based on shocking accusations from his former girlfriend, Alleah Taylor.

Last week, Wheeler pleaded not guilty to charges of first-degree domestic violence assault, domestic violence unlawful imprisonment and resisting arrest.

Taylor has spoken to CBS This Morning. The full interview debuts on Wednesday. On Tuesday, the show aired a clip of the conversation.

“I had touched my face, and I looked down and there was — there’s blood on my hand,” Taylor tells Jericka Duncan regarding the events after the assault. “And I remember getting up and running to the bathroom. Chad was standing by the bed, by the doorway, and he was sipping his smoothie. And he was, like, ‘Wow, you’re — you’re still alive.’ . . .

“I’m grateful he didn’t grab me in that moment. I was able to run to the bathroom. He went back into the living room to continue eating. I had texted his dad too, and told him that Chad was trying to kill me. And showed him a picture. Chad’s dad called him while he was eating. And while I was in the bathroom. And he answered. And he didn’t have any worry at all, and Chad was, like, ‘I’m just eating dinner. Nothing’s going on.’ And that terrified me.”

Although the Seahawks moved quickly to end their relationship with Wheeler, the league has taken no action. That has frustrated some players, who believe that the NFL should dispense swift, sudden, and decisive justice against Wheeler.

31 responses to “Chad Wheeler’s victim speaks out

1. Glad to see Florio is continuing to shine light on this horrific situation and not letting the NFL and other interested parties sweep this under the rug.

2. tonyxl says:
    February 9, 2021 at 10:40 am
    Take the time to do a correct investigation.
    —–
    Yes, but until the investigating is over, they should keep him locked up.

3. “Swift, sudden and decisive action” – against an allegation.

Yes, we should ALWAYS do that! Good grief

4. “For some reason people dont care about this one?”

What do you want people to do? This incident involves a scrub player that Seattle fans barely even know anything about, let alone casual NFL fans. He’s no longer on an NFL roster, the incident is being investigated by police and the NFL but we know he’ll never play another down in this league again unlike Tyreek Hill who was running around catching passes in the Superbowl even after the horrible incident he was involved in.

5. This is a legal matter at this point, the NFL has no business chiming in. He won’t play again, whether it’s the NFL’s doing or the justice system. The bigger question is why is he out on the street?

6. What action should the league take? He is unemployed right now, and no team is interested in touching him. If a team expresses interest in signing him, then and only then should the league take action. Right now he is someone else’s problem (the legal system). I would have concern if the team was sweeping this under the rug to protect him – but there is no appearance that that is the case.

I suspect he has bigger things to worry about than his NFL career. He likely will be behind bars for the balance of his remaining football “eligibility”

7. There is no excuse for the NFL not suspending him. Yes, it’s symbolic at this point, but it’s an important signal, and a message to other abuse victims. As for jail, he’s not been proven guilty of anything (yet), and there is nothing that suggests he’s a flight risk (or a significant risk to reoffend in the next few weeks, given that they are separated and living apart and that he’s in treatment). Don’t get me wrong – I’d like to see him separated from society for a very long time if he’s guilty, but we are a nation of laws. The police and DA are following laws… the same laws that protect you and me.

8. Funny go read the transcript from Greg Hardy’s arrest. I don’t see that same energy like I see for this. Yet Hardy was allowed back in the NFL

9. He said he’s taking time away from the game to work on himself…nah bruh, you going to do time. You can work in there.

10. ” and he was sipping his smoothie. And he was, like, ‘Wow, you’re — you’re still alive.’ . . .” then he went back and finished eating.

Lock him up – should have done it as soon as she went to the hospital. Hopefully she’s in hiding.

11. There is nothing for the NFL to do, I have a better chance of playing in the NFL than this guy does

12. Tyreek Hill, to my knowledge, was not on severe brain altering medications, and yet were okay with him being constantly talked about on primetime television. This guy goes through a serious mental health episode due to the dangerous medications he was on, and we want to just paint him as satins cousin?

13. He has been charged, which means there is a prelimnary investigation underway. If there is sufficient evidence he would be arrested and within a short time taken before a judge. If the judge deems him to be an immediate threat to himself or others (typically after a mental health examiniation and finding) he could be locked up or given a bail amount that is high enough to keep him in jail. If not, he would likely be released on a much lower bail amount, remaining free until there is a trial. If he is convicted at trial he could face prison time.
    All of the rhetoric about “locking him up” at this point is wishful thinking unless there would be a court order based on mental health issues.

14. Nicholas Timm says:
    February 9, 2021 at 12:49 pm

——-

Tyreek Hill should be on meds and he shouldn’t be in the league – many people agree. This guy shouldn’t be in the league, either…and yet someone like Josh Gordon, who has a disease is kicked out each time he relapses…

15. He’s not talented enough to warrant the headache, but I kinda of like when the league stalls on these things. When they stalled on AB it kept him out of the league for a lot longer than if they had just let him serve a punishment while not on a team. Everyone was afraid to touch AB, not knowing what punishment he’d get (or what stupid thing he’d do next). I’d just say we did an investigation and if Chad is ever in the league again his punishment will start then.

16. fourmoreyeartrump2020 says:
    February 9, 2021 at 11:59 am
    ——–
    Same goes for aldon Smith. I’ve seen multiple articles on here praising his comeback story. Dude shouldn’t even be in the league after what he did to his fiance.

17. Not excusing anything, but for what it’s worth, the fact that he suffered from bipolar disorder is being ignored.

Brain disease is real, and maybe that’s what should really be addressed here.

18. For all you with selective memory… Tyreek had 1 incident in college at 19 years old, he lost his d-1 school scholarship and was removed from the team. Horrific incident but he did not do anything since then. The woman was the same as the college incident and she tried to bait him 2 years ago, into an altercation. It’s called extortion, he was found innocent and served no time or charges. He clearly had some issues but hasn’t don’t anything wrong in over 6 years. He paid his time, lost in the draft and even lost for his extension.

19. If we are being real here…the only reason any players are outraged is because Wheeler is white and the victim is black. If the roles were reversed this would have never been a story ftom day 1.

20. Nicholas Timm says:
    February 9, 2021 at 12:49 pm
    ———————————————————————————————-
    Im sure you also feel bad for drivers who wake up in jail the morning after driving under the influence and killing someone, but have no recollection.

21. fourthandforever says:
    February 9, 2021 at 3:56 pm

——————

Kinda like how the league and its Black players turned a blind eye to Kellen Winslow Jr because his victims were white? Oh wait. They didn’t. Not a lot of thought went into that post, huh? Reprehensible is reprehensible, period

22. 6’7″ 310 pounds his size and her size 5’9″ 145 pounds. Not saying he does not need help but I am thinking if he really tried to kill her he could. Heck he could probably kill a man also. Something does not smell right here.

23. marijuanaisgood says:
    February 9, 2021 at 11:11 am
    why isn’t this man in prison?

90 42 Rate This
    ——-

Prison is for people convicted of a crime. Tje reason he isn’t in prison is that darn pesky Constitution.