Report: Dolphins tell Kyle Van Noy he’ll be released

Cincinnati Bengals v Miami Dolphins
Getty Images

Linebacker Kyle Van Noy signed a four-year deal with the Dolphins last year, but he reportedly won’t be making it to the second year of that pact.

Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports that the Dolphins have informed Van Noy that they will be releasing him. Van Noy’s contract calls for his base salary of $12.5 million to become guaranteed on March 20.

Van Noy was set to count $13.9 million against the cap. The Dolphins will get $9.775 million of that space back by parting ways with him.

Van Noy had 69 tackles, six sacks, two forced fumbles, and two fumble recoveries in 14 games for Miami last season.

33 responses to “Report: Dolphins tell Kyle Van Noy he’ll be released

1. I would take that production on my Raiders defense in a heart beat!!

2. A born Patriot. He and Coach Belichick were perfect together. Bring him home!

3. This is a terrible move; he had a great first year with a new team, and was an invaluable, vet leader on one of the youngest teams in football. I’m excited to see if Van Gink can step up and fill the role, but, ultimately, the Fins should’ve let him come back for one more year. You can mention age, but judging from his play this year, his skills haven’t declined.

4. He played well, but not for $14 mil against the cap in a building year

5. lol

BB does it again. How is Grier still employed? From passing on Herbert to 237 mil spent in FA. Someone check his college degree and see if it’s real!

Cap hell…it’s a thing.

6. New England will probably be interested since they never filled his spot last year. Wouldn’t be surprised.

7. Kyle thought he was truly a 12-14 mil per guy, flores did too- make no mistake he is very good, but, as is often the case, BB maximizes these players talents and it does not always translate to other teams (it did for c. jones in ariz. but there are a bunch of other examples where the guys were good but not stellar, seymour, vrabel etc). Pats could certainly use him, will he take around 6 per?

8. Definitely want him back in NE. That was basically sending him on an extended South Beach vacation and picking up a 4th round compensatory pick this year.

9. He has no shot at going back to New England, because according to the haters Bill doesn’t have any idea how to be a GM, Coach, or talent evaluator 🙄

10. He played well, but not for $14 mil against the cap in a building year…..

Ok, so rework his contract. Didn’t even tried to do that for a team captain. Showed poorly for Dolphin management,

11. They Dolphins had about 24 mil before releasing Van Noy, so they weren’t hurting. Room for DWatson perhaps?

12. This Van Noy guy knows Brady doesn’t play for NE any longer. Did you see Cam Noodles arm last year? These NE fans are funny

13. touchback6 says:
    March 2, 2021 at 1:40 pm
    lol

Cap hell…it’s a thing.

Honoring bets is also “a thing”

14. nhpats2011 says:
    March 2, 2021 at 2:07 pm
    touchback6 says:
    March 2, 2021 at 1:40 pm
    lol

Cap hell…it’s a thing.

Honoring bets is also “a thing”

0 1 Rate This

————-

Umm, I did. Once the paper tiger Bills clinched I left for the entire postseason.

Try to keep up. Get any new Brady underoos lately?

15. Here is my bold take. Kyle wants to stay in Florida because he’s tired of the cold weather. So, he’ll take less money and go play with Brady on the Buccaneers.

16. touchback6 says:
    March 2, 2021 at 2:13 pm
    nhpats2011 says:
    March 2, 2021 at 2:07 pm
    touchback6 says:
    March 2, 2021 at 1:40 pm
    lol

Cap hell…it’s a thing.

Honoring bets is also “a thing”

0 1 Rate This

————-

Try to keep up. Get any new Brady underoos lately?

—-

Haha…. Sorry, your bet was to leave…..for good. There was no “postseason” qualifiers on it. Your true colors are showing.

17. nhpats2011 says:
    March 2, 2021 at 2:50 pm
    touchback6 says:
    March 2, 2021 at 2:13 pm
    nhpats2011 says:
    March 2, 2021 at 2:07 pm
    touchback6 says:
    March 2, 2021 at 1:40 pm
    lol

Cap hell…it’s a thing.

Honoring bets is also “a thing”

0 1 Rate This

————-

Try to keep up. Get any new Brady underoos lately?

—-

0 0 Rate This

——————

Umm, I offered the bet so I am pretty sure I know what the parameters were, Mr Arrogant Pats Bandwagoner.

If anyone needs to leave, it’s loser Johnny Come Lately types like you.

Go listen to Felger and Mazz one more time and brainwash yourself some more.

18. jameshodges says:
    March 2, 2021 at 2:22 pm
    _______________

I think they would rather resign Lavonte David.

19. Van Noy was a terrific player for the Pats when he was here. They got him for a 6th round pick. But I don’t see him coming back to the Pats. They’ve invested a lot of draft capital on LBs the last couple yrs(2 3rds and a 2nd), have Hightower coming back and a couple decent looking prospects. Bigger holes to fill.

20. jameshodges says:
    March 2, 2021 at 2:22 pm

__________________________

lgw91s says:
    March 2, 2021 at 2:59 pm

I think they would rather resign Lavonte David.

_________________________________

Yeah, true. I can only see it working for Van Noy if he takes less money. There’s no telling how much he’ll play, too. Having depth on defense is good. The Bucs could also have another great draft.

21. touchback6 says:
    March 2, 2021 at 2:57 pm
    nhpats2011 says:
    March 2, 2021 at 2:50 pm
    touchback6 says:
    March 2, 2021 at 2:13 pm
    nhpats2011 says:
    March 2, 2021 at 2:07 pm
    touchback6 says:
    March 2, 2021 at 1:40 pm
    lol

Cap hell…it’s a thing.

Honoring bets is also “a thing”

0 1 Rate This

————-

Try to keep up. Get any new Brady underoos lately?

—-

0 0 Rate This

——————

——

1) You referring to anyone as “arrogant” is irony at it’s best

2) The terms were “you would leave”. No other stipulations were made. Now be a man for once and honor your word.

22. LMAO at Pats fans that think players still want to go there. Tom is gone and with him went any desire to go there for Free Agents. No one wants to put up with BB and less money for no chance of a SB ring.

23. nhpats2011 says:
    March 2, 2021 at 3:23 pm
    touchback6 says:
    March 2, 2021 at 2:57 pm
    nhpats2011 says:
    March 2, 2021 at 2:50 pm
    touchback6 says:
    March 2, 2021 at 2:13 pm
    nhpats2011 says:
    March 2, 2021 at 2:07 pm
    touchback6 says:
    March 2, 2021 at 1:40 pm
    lol

Cap hell…it’s a thing.

Honoring bets is also “a thing”

0 1 Rate This

————-

Try to keep up. Get any new Brady underoos lately?

—-

0 0 Rate This

——————

——

1) You referring to anyone as “arrogant” is irony at it’s best

6 2 Rate This

————

Not my fault you have comprehension problems. No way I would have said that once they signed Newton, so you’re lying. I also didn’t think Newton would get worse as the season went either but he was that bad.

I said through the postseason I am sure others saw it as well.

Tell us again how there are no “pro bowlers” besides Gronk and how BB can’t evaluate talent. bWahahah!

Hilarious. Do you slip into comas for a full decade? Hmm?

24. Next time you fans complain about a player not honoring their contract, think of this