Just one day before the NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos acquired quarterback Teddy Bridgewater from the Carolina Panthers in exchange for a sixth-round draft pick. By trading for Bridgewater, quarterback Drew Lock now faces competition for the starting job and the trade gives the Broncos security in case a viable quarterback option is no longer on the board when they draft 9th overall.
Earlier this year, the Broncos released defensive tackle Jurrell Casey and running back Phillip Lindsay left for the Houston Texans. Denver re-signed defensive end Shelby Harris and safeties Kareem Jackson and Justin Simmons. Cornerback Ronald Darby agreed to a three-year deal with the Broncos while the team also signed cornerback Kyle Fuller and running back Mike Boone. With the Darby and Fuller signings, the Broncos “don’t have to reach” for a cornerback in this year’s draft.
Click here for the entire 2021 NFL Draft order and keep reading to see who the Broncos take in the 2021 NFL Draft.
Denver Broncos 2021 NFL Draft Picks:
- Round 1: No. 9 – Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama
- Round 2: No. 35 (from ATL) – Javonte Williams, RB, North Carolina
- Round 3: No. 98 (from NO) – Quinn Meinerz, G, Wisconsin-Whitewater
- Round 3: No. 105 (from NO) – Baron Browning, LB, Ohio State
- Round 5: No. 152 – Caden Sterns, S, Texas
- Round 5, pick 164 (from CHI via NYG) – Jamar Johnson, S, Indiana
- Round 6, pick 219 (from ATL) – Seth Williams, WR, Auburn
- Round 7: No. 237 – Kary Vincent Jr., CB, LSU
- Round 7: No. 239 (from NYG) – Jonathan Cooper, DE, Ohio State
- Round 7: No. 253 (from CLE) – Marquiss Spencer, DE, Mississippi State
Check out draft picks for other teams in the AFC West