Terry Bradshaw on Aaron Rodgers: “Him being upset shows me how weak he is”

USA TODAY Sports

The new TB12’s experiences in Tampa surely have influenced the desire of Aaron Rodgers to find a new football team. The original TB12 has some thoughts on the matter.

With him being that upset shows me how weak he is,” Hall of Fame quarterback Terry Bradshaw said Monday in an appearance with Moose and Maggie on WFAN. “Who the hell cares who you draft? I mean, he’s a three-time MVP in the league and he’s worried about this guy they drafted last year at number one? . . . And for him to be upset, my God, I don’t understand that. Pittsburgh drafted Mark Malone number one, Cliff Stoudt in the third or fourth round. I had them coming at me from all angles. I embraced it, because when we went to practice, I wasn’t worried about those guys. You know? They didn’t scare me a bit. So I don’t understand why he’s so upset at Green Bay. . . .

“And then if they fire the General Manager he’ll come back? Are you kidding me? Really? Aaron, that’s where this is?”

So what would Bradshaw do?

“Here’s what I’d do,” Bradshaw said. “I wouldn’t budge. Let him gripe. Let him cry. Retire. You’re 38. Go ahead and retire. See you later. I mean, I’m really strong about stuff like that, and it makes him look weak. In my way of looking at it, it makes him look weak.”

Marc Malusis then asked Bradshaw whether he thought that it was an empty threat from Rodgers.

“I hadn’t thought of it like that,” Bradshaw said, “but call him on it.”

Bradshaw then said he didn’t believe it’s an empty threat, but he went back and forth on the possibility before reiterating his bottom-line belief: Call him on it.

That seems to be what the Packers will do. By retiring, Rodgers would be forced to repay $23 million in unearned signing bonus money, and he’d also lose the $6.8 million roster bonus he earned earlier in the offseason. Likewise, he’d give up the $14.7 million base salary he’s due to earn this year. That’s $44.5 million — and Jeopardy! doesn’t pay close to that amount.

Rodgers also would give up one of the remaining seasons of football that he can play before Father Time inevitably whacks Rodgers over the head with that big-ass hourglass. So that’s really the question Rodgers needs to ask himself. Is he so determined to get out of Green Bay that he’d not only give up $44.5 million, but that he also would never play football again?

188 responses to “Terry Bradshaw on Aaron Rodgers: “Him being upset shows me how weak he is”

1. Nothing like TB speaking his mind, I agree with him 100%, no way way I would let a pampered ego-centric 38 yr old dictate the wind direction, The Packers would be wise to clean up on a nice little draft haul and strike while the iron is hot and move on to the future

2. FINALLY!! Someone with the courage to call it like they see it, and I for one feel the exact same way. Wanna quit? Go ahead and quit, but a real man would take it as a challenge, and leave the new guy sitting right where he belongs – ON THE BENCH. Not because the new guy can’t play, but because I’m better than that guy. Stop crying and whining about it, and go out there and win that’s what you’re being paid to do

3. I would like to hear his opinion on Rodgers HC saying he doesn’t care about Super Bowls. Pretty sure Bradshaw never had to deal with that.

4. I think it makes Aaron loon bad, but not weak necessarily… And as to Aaron having to decide whether or not to give up $45 mil, i think the Packers have to ask themselves hoe bad they want to let 3 #1 picks or whatever crazy haul they could get for him walk right out the door and instead get nothing.

5. He will be back. He will play. And they will contend for the North again.
    That is the reality.

6. This may have been one of the only viable things I’ve ever heard from Bradshaw, but boy did he nail it here.

7. Bradshaw couldn’t hold Rodger’s jockstrap in terms of talent. Those Steelers would’ve won 6 Super Bowls with Rodgers at QB.

8. Rodgers has always been a selfish player. One of the main reasons he has a very poor record in 4th quarter comebacks is that he doesn’t take chances enough. Doesn’t want to risk hurting his precious personal stats.

9. Some team will pony up a bunch of draft capital for Rodgers and the Packers should look forward. After all it’s a business.

10. Thank you Terry! Someone, please forward this to Rodgers…..and I’m a Rodgers fan.

11. The Packers have to consider the long haul. Rogers, way less so. The two sides need to come to a win-win resolution. Maybe guarantee 2022 except for injury and move forward.

12. I like Terry Bradshaw. I really do. But….Terry didn’t want to play for the Steelers when he was drafted by them.

13. I don’t know, it looks to me Rodgers is more mad about the team drafting his replacement instead of giving him more tools to win now; something that doesn’t make sense when you are so close to win the championship and your opportunity window is starting to close. But yeah is better to hate Rodgers because he is afraid of competing, right?

14. Bradshaw comes from a time where team loyalty and playing out your contract were words of law in football. He didn’t like Brady leaving the Pats last year either. Not shocked Bradshaw has a problem with Rodgers and his diva antics to get out of Green Bay.

15. Green Bay is 26-6 regular season since LeFleur became coach. If Bakhtiari doesn’t tear his ACL and Tampa ends get 5 sacks in the NFC Championship, Packers probably win the Super Bowl.

Show up and play Aaron.

16. Simple minds are easily manipulated, and the Packers are doing just that. They have a first ballot HOF QB, still in his prime. Still getting the team to championship games. Still winning MVP awards. For whatever reason, the Packers decided to kick him in the groin last year, and draft a QB in the first round. It’s not that Aaron doesn’t welcome competition, it’s that they’re maybe one great player away from winning another super bowl, but instead of adding that missing piece, the team makes the decision to draft Rodgers’ replacement. Then, as every other team in signing their franchise QB’s to long term deals, the Packers won’t give Rodgers any kind of deal. They’re pushing him out the door, but want to manipulate us into thinking it’s Rodgers who’s being the bad guy. Nothing could be any more obvious. Don’t be so easily manipulated.

17. And the Packers would have won 8 Super Bowls with the Steel Curtain…..

18. Terry Bradshaw is 100% correct and I think most coaches, GM’s and fans feel the exact same way. There’s far too much of this nonsense lately.

19. I don’t know about any of this “real man” business that’s going on in the comments.

“Real mean” have made power plays since time immemorial.

Apparently this threatens some people, but in the 2021 NFL, if you have a top 5 QB, he’s the most important person in the building, period. More important than the coach, and more important than the GM (if you doubt this just compare the salaries).

Terry Bradshaw can complain all he wants, but in his era, the QB was just a player, and was in no position to make a power play like today’s QB’s But I’ll bet that he would have if he could have.

20. Rodgers shouldn’t discount the public fallout and negativity being a me-me-me guy by trying to oust his own GM. He is way out of line thinking he is above everyone else. If he outworks everyone and out-accomplishes everyone, there is no way someone can replace him. If Tom Brady outworks everyone, he does not have to worry about anyone.

21. Bradshaw is so dumb he doesn’t get it. Its not they drafted a qb. Rodgers is worried about getting beat out for the job. Bradshaw is such a rube. Rodgers is ultra competitive, he wants to win. He is pissed because they didnt once again draft a player that was gonna help him. The packers once again took it for granted that he was gonna get it done and make them look good. 10 years, no offensive 1st round picks. 10 years.

And now the guy who had 2 hof wrs a great running back, one of the best offensive lines ever and is perhaps the moat overrated player in the history of football (manning gives him a run for his money) is calling someone weak? Lol

22. supercharger says:
    May 3, 2021 at 7:33 pm

********
    This is probably the third time I’ve heard somebody say this, do any of you have any reading comprehension? 🙄
    It’s basically been snarky purple trolls, but if you honestly don’t understand it, I’ll clue you in.

Matt LaFleur wasn’t saying that he personally doesn’t care about winning Super Bowls, far from it, he was referring to his opinion that Aaron Rodgers was the best QB ever, despite having only one Super Bowl win.
    As in Super Bowl wins being the only criteria in judging QBs.

23. Censorship doesn’t change minds says:
    May 3, 2021 at 7:58 pm
    Maybe that’s why he only has 1 ring

——

Bradshaw? Or A-Aron?

At least Rodgers has the chance to win another one.

24. Possibly the first time Bradshaw has said something coherent, and that I agree with.

25. I’m surprised Terry didn’t figure this one out. Rodgers is on the Tom Brady plan. Marry a woman who can bring in millions so you don’t have to.

However, Rodgers failed in that aspect of trying to be Brady,too.

Shailene is worth 12 mil, and Giselle’s worth over 400.

Brady wins…AGAIN.

26. Terry is right. He didn’t put it this way but too many entitled snowflakes used to constantly getting their egos stroked in the league these days. Suck it up, buttercup, and just play.

27. If I were Rodgers I come back to play but play like crap, so Packers can release me.

28. Says the guy who played on a team with 8? 9? guys in the Hall of Fame.

If GB had built a 4-time SB team I doubt Rodgers would have had to question GM moves.

29. Terry Bradshaw is 100% right… Rodgers is nothing more than a cry baby! The Steelers were always trying to replace Terry but all Terry did was play football. Rodgers up in arms over a QB project in Jordon Love! I would trade him to the Raiders or Broncos for draft picks and players. The Packers have a good football team even without Rodgers.

30. The Packers were idiots to draft a QB in the first round last year. They should have drafted more weapons for Rodgers. I totally get why Rodgers is upset about that. BUT….Rodgers is the most arrogant, grudge-holding, passive aggressive head case in the NFL and is an absolute cancer on that team now. Bradshaw is right…shut up and play. Brady didn’t whine or choreograph a revenge bomb to go off on draft night…he sucked it up played so well that he kept Jimmy G on the bench. That’s what Rodgers should have done, but he chose to be a cancer. I’d like to see Green Bay ignore him and call his bluff.

31. Aaron Rodgers is right to be sad.
    All he has to show for his horrible treatment is:

$242 million
    3 MVPs
    a super bowl ring

If thats all I had I’d be miserable too.

By the way – if he retires he gets to pay the Packers back $30MM in prorated signing bonus.

Poor poor Aaron.

Or he could just shut up and play and earn millions.

32. I contrast Rodgers with Brady’s approach. When Garropolo was drafted, Brady just balled out for four years until they had to get rid of Garropolo. Then when the team wouldn’t commit to more than a one year deal, like the Packers are doing with Rodgers, Brady just played through his one year and then left. Rodgers should just play this year, ball out again, and if the Packers won’t commit more than one more year then hit FA like Brady did.

33. How funny will that be if they fail to reach playoff. With Rodgers

34. Well, Terry’s job was easy because he was surrounded by Hall of Famers and won 4 Super Bowls. Rodgers has only won one and he carries the burden trying to win because they won’t build a great team around him. .

35. Rodgers could care less if the Packers mortgage the future of the team by getting him whatever he wants as long as he gets another super bowl. I doubt he could win if he was on the Buccaneers. He just can’t handle the pressure in big games. We need to admit that now. He looks great against the soft competition but then falters.

36. An entitled QB and a coach who says he does Not care about winning super bowls. No thanks

37. I have to agree with Terry Bradshaw here. There is no larger snowflake or cupcake than Ewwin Wawgers – a player who has intentionally profited like no other using an opponent’s presnap penalties to get free plays and yards he cannot earn by actually doing his job. Ewwin is a low character, waife of a man – a pimple of a man. He is no better than other 1 win Snoopy Bowl winners. And every other man who has one win in that big game is more of a man than this clown – more integrity and more professionalism.

38. Easy to say when you had a roster full of hall of famers surrounding you and didn’t need those first rounders to make the rest of the team more competitive.

39. Bradshaw couldn’t make a team these days. Zero present day talent required.

40. choctawbingo says:
    May 3, 2021 at 8:37 pm
    Was Tom Brady weak when he forced Jimmy G out? Yes and hes been full blown diva ever since.

41. Easy for Terry to say when he won all of those games before the salary cap. I’m sure Rodgers would love to ignore Aikman’s advice, as well.

42. If I’m Rodgers, I just phone it in and show up collect my money and just do the bare minimum.

43. I mostly agree with Bradshaw, except Rodgers did that last year. He kept his mouth shut and played his butt off after they drafted his replacement instead of getting him help to win now. So he wins the MVP and how do the Packers help him win a Super Bosl this year They do nothing in free agency to get him weapons and then in the draft go defense with their best pick. So it’s like thanks Rodgers for putting this team on your back, now do it again. When Rodgers is gone Green Bay will wish five years later that they had given him talent to work with. They won’t see a Super Bowl for a long time.

44. Bradshaw misses the point. Rodgers is mad because Packers didn’t draft a player of NEED. Rodgers was never worried about competition from Love. If you’re very close to going to a Super Bowl, you don’t draft a backup QB in the first round.

45. Forget jeopardy. He could bring back Hollywood Squares. His wife could recruit guests too!

46. nyctraffic says:
    May 3, 2021 at 7:41 pm

128 330 Rate This
    HAHAHAHAHAHA Rodgers can’t even get past the title game. Been to 5 and lost 4

47. This is why Terry Bradshaw would never be hired in a front office. “Call him on it”? And what if he calls your bluff and retires? Where are you then? You have gotten nothing for Rodgers, you’re forced to rely on Love who has shown nothing, and you can’t spend the money you save on Rodgers this year because all the good free agents have already signed elsewhere. The Packers would be awful this year and if Love isn’t good, you’ll be awful for a few more years. Or you could trade him June 1 and probably get at least two 1st round picks.

48. Bradshaw is right. I love how he’s not afraid to speak his mind – like last week when he said that Brady was definitely not the GOAT. He’s right about that too.

49. ariani1985 says:
    May 3, 2021 at 8:33 pm
    When your coach is against winning Super bowls you have problems.

cheeseisfattening says:
    May 3, 2021 at 8:52 pm
    ********
    Every time you say this, it makes you sound incredibly ignorant.
    Reading comprehension must be unbelievable difficult for the both of you.
    It’s a shame.
    I honestly weep for the Minnesota education system. 😔

50. I love the typical NFL fan meathead outlook that always sides with ownership (or in the case of the Packers, management) over labor, and who thinks Bradshaw’s 1975 perspective is the straight dope. Obviously Rodgers is a prickly personality, but there’s a lot more to this mess than Jordan Love.

51. First, when they drafted Love, they had ZERO talent behind Rodgers. So they needed to address the issue of no quality back-up behind Rodgers. Second, Rodgers has/had been hurt the last few years (when they drafted Love.) before they drafted Love. And what happened to the season when he got hurt? Right down the toilet they went! So it was smart for the Packers to address the need. And, look at Tom Brady, and what he did when they drafted a quarterback. He didn’t do or say anything, He just made them regret it, and they ended up trading the QB. Now these reports come out the he was made because they let Jake Kumerow go. Really? The man went to the Bills and did… NOTHING! He had one catch. Bet that is hard to replace! I hate it when players lurk behind social media with veiled posts. Just man up and say what is on your mind.

52. Dennis says:
    May 3, 2021 at 7:52 pm
    I like Terry Bradshaw. I really do. But….Terry didn’t want to play for the Steelers when he was drafted by them.—–But he still did.

53. It appears Bradshaw is the weak one. Too lazy to do his homework. He takes everything said in the media (not Rodgers) and calls him on it. Really? Isn’t this how TB got the “Dummy” moniker? BTW… somebody forgot to balance this with what the Packers lose without Rodgers.

54. redclaw1314 says:
    May 3, 2021 at 7:25 pm

Bradshaw comes from an era when men were men.

———————

…. and sheep were scared, at least the ones in San Francisco.

55. elstupendous says:
    May 3, 2021 at 8:30 pm
    Says the guy who played on a team with 8? 9? guys in the Hall of Fame.

29 33 Rate This

—————————————————————-

Bradshaw competed against teams loaded with HOFers (Raiders, Dolphins, and Cowboys), who won 5 Super Bowls in the same decade, and still managed to go 4-2 in conference championship games and 4-0 in Super Bowls during the period, when the game was much more violent and the players were paid a lot less. What’s Rodgers excuse???

56. Peyton Manning told the Colt’s organization it’s either me or Jim Mora. What’s the difference when Aaron Rodgers calls for his GM’s head. Also, ratings are at a low for NFL. There’s a good chance Aaron nor Deshaun will be playing. Like them or you don’t they are top 5 QB’s in the game.

57. Anyone see what Davante Adams tweeted this afternoon:

“Gotta appreciate what u got while ya got it!”

58. choctawbingo says:

May 3, 2021 at 8:37 pm
    Was Tom Brady weak when he forced Jimmy G out?

Tom Brady “forced” Jimmy G out by winning SBs, not by wining.

It’s why Tom Brady is the GOAT. Did you see how excited all the kids drafted by the Bucs this year were? Yeah, Tom Brady is in the house. Or the pirate ship.

59. I am amazed at the amount of emotion here.

This is about money. Like everything. Money commitment makes this problem go away.

Terry Bradshaw has a personality. So does Aaron Rodgers. That’s what makes them human. But the rest is about money.

But if you want to make this emotional… What’s the difference between Russel Wilson and Aaron Rodgers? Why isn’t everyone clamoring to get Rodgers a new home?

60. I’ve always enjoyed Bradshaw before this, but how refreshing is he? It would be nice to have an awe shucks country boy like him or Favre as our quarterback again over the narcissist we’re stuck with.

61. Blonde bomber looks like and idiot, talks like an idiot, acts like an idiot. He’s no idiot.

62. I was never a fan of Bradshaw, but he’s 100% spot-on with his assessment. You don’t want to lose your job to a 1st round draft pick? Then don’t let him take it and don’t give your employer any reason to give it to him.

63. So sick of Rodgers. I do not remember Favre carrying on like this when Rodgers was drafted.

Also gotta love the original TB spitting facts.

64. Rodgers would probably be happy with Lynn Swan, John Stallworth, Franco Harris, and the Steel Curtain.

Green Bay decided Datone Jones was a better selection versus Deandre Hopkins. Coincidentally, the only player remaining from that draft is David Bakhtiari who tore his ACL right before the NFC championship game. Losing your All Pro LT definitely hurt.

65. He would lose his 14 million from GB but you act like no other team would pay him ALOT more for this season. He’ll make up the 40+ million easy.

66. LOTS of uninformed opinions on this thread, including the poster.
    None of us know the real situation. So easy with TLI to post ‘diva’ and ‘passive-aggressive’ and ‘entitled’ [actually he is; 1st ballot hall of famer following Favre and Starr…]. Packers management: 1) they don’t consult him on ANY roster moves [unlike Brady with the Bucs or Mahomes with the Chiefs]. The big factor is that Gute won’t give him 3 [even 2] years security before J. Love takes over to lead the Packers where? Either Packer management bends or he does a Carson Palmer and has several productive years elsewhere… He is MVP times 3!

67. Are you drunk????? Jeopardy paid Alec Trebec $18 MILLION/ YEAR!! You say, “well, Aaron was going to make $45 million.” So what. Jeopardy paid $18 Million for FORTY SIX TOTAL DAYS OF WORK PER YEAR!!!! You need to do some research before you talk stupidness. Maybe you are trying to be a writer because you sucked at math!!!

68. Usually, I would agree that Rodgers should just suit up and play. BUT in this case, it seems like Management has gone out of their way to disrespect and embarrass Rodgers. And that includes LaFleur.

From “Dont Be the Problem”
    to wasting a 1st and 4th on Rodgers Replacement.
    to taking the ball out of Rodgers hand when the NFC championship was on the line.

If management wants him there, then they should have acted like it. Since its clear that they did not want him there, they should let him go.

69. Why would anyone think Aaron cares about money. You got a few million? You got more coming. It’s just silly . The people like these wealthy idiots calling him on his principles don’t deserve to have an opinion. Clearly Aaron wants to not waste the precious years he has in the league. It’s about his belief that his bosses aren’t good at their jobs. That’s valid. I’m not gonna suck it up for any amount of money if I don’t believe that the guy ahead of me is capable of setting me up to succeed to my fullest just because he’s worried about his job and the years that haven’t happened. The nfl is a what have you done for me lately biz and he proved he’s not the reason they haven’t won it all.

70. I’m so glad Terry Bradshaw didn’t mince his words and make excuses. That’s real MF’ing talk TB, thank you for keeping it real.

71. I see the sentiments of a bunch of temporally displaced billionaires on here

72. Who cares that Shanahan called M<att LeFleur, neither one of those guys makes the decision on personnel anyway. They can say whatever they want, but for now, they may get some say, but at the end of the day, their job is to work with the men assembled by the GM!!!!

73. Considering Rodgers is the best NFL QB ever, I don’t mind his attitude one bit.

74. That is literally the stupidest thing to say, especially coming from a WAAAAAY OVERRATED QB LIKE BRADSHAW. “With how upset Aaron is, shows how weak he is”. So I guess if you’re upset, then you’re weak…got it, freakin moron. Yo Terry, you have ABSOLUTELY 0 RIGHT to say that about Aaron until you put yourself in his position. It must’ve been nice to have arguably the #1 or #2 defense in the history of the NFL with the Steel curtain next to the 85 bears. You were surrounded by talent, don’t even talk trash about 12 with your stats. Your stats compared to his are laughable, I get that the NFL has evolved and it isn’t fair to judge Bradshaw to 12 because they played in COMPLETELY different eras, but you wanna talk trash about 12…aiight lets look @ your stats.

1970: 6td 24int 38.1%
    1971: 13td 22int 54.4%
    1972: 12td 12int 47.7%
    1973: 10td 15int 49.4%
    1974: 7td 8int 45.3%
    1975: 18td 9int 57.7%
    1976: 10td 9int 47.9%
    1977: 17td 19int 51.6%
    1978: 28td 20int 56.3 %
    1979: 26td 25int 54.9%
    1980: 24td 22int 51.4%
    1981: 22td 14int 54.3%
    1982: 17td 11int 52.9%
    1983: 2td 0int 62.5%

For his career he averaged 51.9% completion 212td 210int 3x pro bowl 1x nfl mvp. Yet he’s got the balls to call 12 weak? fr?! Give aaron rodgers the #1 or #2 defense in the history of the nfl and we’ll see what happens. What a frickin moron, the only reason you’re relevant is because of the steel curtain. Rodgers had to put up with Dom Capers D and Mike McCarthy for a decade and made them winnable. It’s like this…Aaron Rodgers=Steel Curtain and Mike McCarthy, Dom Capers, and Ted Thompson=Terry Bradshaw. Stick to those halftime reports, clown.

75. Rodgers wants the biggest nfl contract and the packers CANT afford to do it. Simple as that.

76. I feel like it was less of drafting a quarterback, but more trading up and doing it when you had only one top WR on the team.

77. It’s all Tom Brady’s fault…Deshaun, Russell, and now Aaron…Not a “players” league yet…

78. Rodgers is coming across as a diva but Terry, why were you such a diva with Chuck Noll? You didn’t even go to his funeral.

79. Aaron isn’t mad that the drafted a QB. He’s mad that they not only spent a first round pick, but traded up for literally the only position that doesn’t help them win now. I know the public opinion is that Rodgers is a stuck-up diva, but you can’t deny his talent. If I was a top 3 QB in the NFL and the only offensive player my team has spent first round pick on in a decade was another QB, I’d be salty too. The front office seems intent on keeping Rodgers on the team, but year after year, they do zero to put offensive weapons around him. In the past decade, the only notable offensive players they’ve drafted are Davante Adams (2014 2nd Round) and Aaron Jones (2017 5th round). That’s roughly 70 draft choices over 10 years and only two offensive studs.

80. nyctraffic says:
    May 3, 2021 at 7:41 pm

………………………….

I don’t think Aaron Rogers would survive playing professional football in the 70s.
    QBs got clobbered back then. Then didn’t have rules just to protect QBs like they do today. You couldn’t just throw the ball away like today, you would be called for grounding.
    It was violent in the 60s-80s.

81. This is funny coming from a below average QB that had an elite team surrounding him.

82. Terry Bradshaw was one of the most malcontent QBs of his time. He hated his coach but could do nothing about it based on the labor deal at the time. This sounds like sour grapes from a guy that made more money as a court jester in the studio show than he ever did on the field.

83. It’s easy for him to say coming from an era with no cap and free agency as he went along for the ride on loaded teams. These days drafting the next QB instead of improving the current team lessens the prospects of winning it all. Terry will never be accused of being a genius.

84. Terry is a lot of people’s fan favorite.. but he is not right here. The league is different since he played and QBs carry wayyy more weight than in the 70s.. Bradshaws numbers in today’s league resemble Drew Lock/Daniel Jones..
    Rodgers has never had a front office like the Steelers that rally for Superbowls.. Fact is, Rodgers like it or not is an absolutely insane talent on a team that hasn’t done enough to try and take advantage of that.

85. I was 26 when the Steelers won their first of 4 SB’s with Terry taking snaps behind Mike Webster during the 70’s. Although he didn’t put up great numbers, he came through in big games. While he pouted and was on the verge of crying while on the sidelines with Chuck Noll, he kept playing—when defenses were allowed to practically maim players on the offensive side of the ball. Terry had to finally come to realize that Chuck was not going to pamper him. Chuck was tough on Terry and did not show him sympathy. Bradshaw not only overcame mediocrity—he overcame the fear of his head coach. You can bet that even Jack Lambert was proud of him!

86. Packers already have the next man up on the roster. They can go completely silent and see what happens. All the risk is AR’s. Doesn’t seem like a wise position to be in….

87. Umm, what exactly hss Rodgers said publicly? To the best of my knowledge he hasn’t said anything. And for Bradshaw to come out publicly and say Rodgers is weak, is…weak. As he mentioned, Rodgers is playing football at the age of 38. Checks the record books…Bradshaw’s last season was when he was 35 and he played 1 game. So who is weaker than who?

88. This Baby whine bag has been pampered his whole career. Let him retire and loose all that money or he can shut up and play.

89. I wish Mr. Bradshaw would stop telling people how they should think or feel and go back to performing miracles and walking on water.

90. This is where the world is today, where your employer can treat you like crap, and you have to take it. It’s the reason why there are more billionaires today than ever, while incomes have stayed stagnant. Of course, Aaron is a multi-million, but the premise is the same.

Greenbay has proven that winning super bowls is not a priority. They showed that by never surrounding Rodgers with top talent, they also showed he is not worthy of them by not committing to him with a contract worthy of a 3 time NFL MVP and the current NFL MVP. So, now that Aaron has some leverage, he plans to use it.

Here is my issue with bradshaw, you can disagree with Rodgers, but calling him weak for someone in the media and supposed to be impartial, shows Bradshaw is jealous. Every Steeler fan knows Bradshaw was only there for the ride. Even the Immaculate reception was a horrible throw that Franco Harris had to save him on. Here is a man who completed 51.9% of his passes. Had 2 more career passing TDs than Ints. The team put him in the hall, not his play. Jealous.

91. I hope Love looks back at the film when Aaron was asked about Farve during that time in Green Bay history and repeats exactly just like Aaron did. That would be funny.

92. Bradshaw’s limited cognitive ability is on full display here. Rodgers is hardly worried about Love replacing him. He’s angry that for the past two seasons, he’s been playing at his best but the GB front office is acting as if they’re in rebuild mode. They are in win now mode but the front office is too incompetent to do that.

Of course Bradshaw can’t appreciate that. For years, Rodgers has been carrying his team. Bradshaw was carried BY his team. HOF WRs, defense, RB, HC, etc.

So yeah, Terry, that tough-guy schtick doesn’t cut it. And Rodgers is hardly soft. He came back from a broken collar bone after a few weeks and has played through multiple injuries.

93. You know, Terry should just shut up and mind his own business. Sure, Terry’s a “man’s man”, whatever outdated, empty, pointless faux-macho thing you want that to mean. Rodgers is “weak” because he wants his team to do a better job? Sorry Terry, but that’s a weak take.

Aaron Rodgers didn’t create this situation, the Packers did. For everyone calling Rodgers a diva or saying it’s about his ego – maybe it is to some degree, but the reality of the situation is that the Packers have done a piss-poor job of building the team around him.

Rodgers isn’t afraid of Jordon Love, I guarantee you that. He’s just mad that they wasted draft capital to bring in a QB when, you know, a QB wasn’t a team need. At all.

94. Aaron hasn’t even said he is “upset.” Calling Aaron “weak” for being “upset” without hearing from him personally on this, that is the actual “weak” part here.

I am not implying there are zero issues between the Packers mgmt and Aaron. There is indeed a fissure there. It is about Aaron not wanting them to have full say on when his time in Green Bay ends. He wants some of that control. Aaron doesn’t want to sit and wait until they decide that Jordan Love is ready and it’s time for the J-Love era to begin. Obviously that is currently the timeline on when Aaron would depart. Aaron isn’t overjoyed with that timeline. Something needs to be worked out. That is what is being “worked through” now.

AJ Hawk said 3 things that are very important to note.

1) AJ said the rumor about Aaron wanting Brian Gutekunst fired is “garbage.”

2) AJ said the issue isn’t all about Jordan Love.

3) AJ said there is 0% chance Aaron is retiring.

All the things AJ said are true.

Ok, so what this tells us is that Aaron isn’t going to walk away from the game. We also know there is zero chance that the Packers are trading Aaron in 2021. So, it’s a given Aaron is going to play at least one more year in Green Bay. We will see what happens in 2022.

I don’t see anything weak here except for Terry calling someone names without even knowing what the actual story is.

95. Aaron is and always has been a cake and eat it to, me first guy. He could have won a few superbowls. Instead he won one and a few MVPs.

He took every last penny on the table in his contracts. Leaving the least possible amount under the cap for the rest of the team. Then he wants to play righteous indignation on how the team spends the rest. Tom Brady annually took about half of Aaron’s pay. He had a say because he left so much on the table for the team. And he won a boat load of superbowls.

Let him go. He will come back. Maybe get another MVP. And lose to Brady. Because Brady is not a me first leader. Wins all the time.

96. Bradshaw is probably right but Terry played in an era where all this electronic white space did not exist and this is mostly noise to fill that space. Rogers will play for GB this year, you can bet on that in Vegas.

97. thebigkuhuna says:
    May 3, 2021 at 9:18 pm
    And the silence you hear is Lambeau field
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I think it’s closed. Come back at 10:00.

98. Prima Dona – Choke Artist QB crying like a five year old that the GM did not stock him with Weapons. Poor Poor Baby!
    Weapons? All Pro Running Back…All Pro Wide Receiver….All Pro Left Tackle….All Pro Left Guard….All Pro Center….All Pro Tight End Snub
    The Right Guard….The Right Tackle….The Second Receiver….The Second Running Back were not All Pro. Poor Poor Baby!

The same Prima Dona who did not like the Head Coach’s play calls so he tanked the Arizona Cardinals game to get the his Head Coach fired.
    The same Prima Dona who choked under pressure in the last two NFL Championship Games only to blame others.
    The same Prima Dona who suddenly had lead feet in the 4th quarter when he could have run it in to go to the Super Bowl only to blame the Head Coach for not going for on 4th down after the Prima Dona choked on the previous 3 plays.
    The same Prima Dona who displays the body language of a 5 year old when things do not go his way. Not the body language of a leader.
    The same Prima Dona who disposes the people in his life like everyday waste. Now the Prima Dona wants to dispose Gutekunst.

Just more narcissistic behavior from “Mr Stats” . The best NFL QB on paper. A Prima Dona – Choke Artist on the field. Suffering from “Jeff George Syndrome”. A severe case of “Swollen Head”

Leaders win Super Bowls. That is why Bradshaw has 4 and Rodgers has 1. Brady proved that point on the big stage against “Mr. Stats”.

List your house in Suamico! Pack up your rattles, diapers and crib! Your little temper tantrum will not play in Title Town!

Tell it like it is TB! You have the BLING to back it up!

99. Different eras, different players. Being older I am of the Bradshaw thinking on this one, but also having to deal with younger folks, can see Rodgers’ side as well.

He’s gonna play (until he doesn’t). Meanwhile, everyone who hates the Packers can take schadenfreude at the whole thing. And those who love the Packers can put their hopes he plays or Love works out. Either way, the NFL wins as it keeps the buzz going in the offseason….

100. I love when third parties come in and speak on work dynamics that they have no clue about. That’s like someone who doesn’t work with you coming in and saying your terrible boss is a great guy. Hardly seems like anything crazy he asked for, keep this from being his lame duck season or let him go. Seems like the Packers are the only ones playing games here. It’s also funny to see the same people saying poor Jimmy G but ripping Rodgers when they’re in the exact same situation, but one guy has the upper hand over the organization and one guy doesn’t.

101. stammerandmarty9126 says:

1979: 26td 25int 54.9%
    1980: 24td 22int 51.4%
    1981: 22td 14int 54.3%
    1982: 17td 11int 52.9%
    1983: 2td 0int 62.5%
    —————————————————–
    Apples ot bowling balls.You DO realize that it was a different game when Bradshaw played, right? There was not much dinking and dunking and 3 yard outs. The NFL in the late 70s was a vertical game. 50% completions was considered good, 60% almost unheard of. Also, from 1970-77the rules favored the defense big time. In fact they began changing the rules in 1978 and 1979 to pen up the offense. But when they did pass, it was downfield, not 3-5 yards from line of scrimmage.

102. So the HOF QB who was literally surrounded by Hall of Famers is criticizing the significantly better HOF QB who is surrounded by journeymen and UDFAs for wanting to have at least a few great players on his side of the ball?

Once again, Thomas “Hollywood” Henderson is proven right.

103. Problem wasn’t drafting Jordan Love. Problem was trading to draft Jordan Love instead of player(s) who could be on the field helping the team win.

104. I can’t remember Bradshaw ever saying anything good about Rodgers. Methinks Bradshaw is the weak and shallow person.

105. Terry is so dumb. Green Bay has a good team and has been CLOSE to winning a SB for a couple years and with Rodgers will be in contention for a few more years. Using valuable assets to draft someone to hold a clipboard does not help the team win in this small window for Rodgers and Green Bay to win a superbowl. IF I’m Aaron Rodgers, Im pissed as well, get me talent to help us win.

106. It was (typically) selfish that AR to have his minions in the press disrupted the news cycle on draft day to take away from the young men being drafted.

And when a nitwit like Bradshaw has you pegged, you’ve really become transparent.

107. Methinks Bradshaw is the weak and shallow person.

“Methinks” who are you Popeye?

108. To your last point Rodgers would have to pay back 44.5 million, being the going rate for a MVP QB is about 45 million a year he would be money ahead you are not suggesting Green Bay would really let him walk away when they could get 2 number ones and Von Miller maybe more just saying

109. Strong men like Terry Bradshaw would meekly acquiesce to their betters to prove how strong and traditional they are. Weak millennial men like Aaron Rodgers are so woke that they think they can just ask for what they want. Haha! Amirite, fellow facebook boomers?

110. I bet Bradshaw made Rodgers nasty list. He won’t be getting any interviews with Aaron.

111. Says the man who played with, what, like 5 or 6 hall of farmers? He had studs like swann, Stallworth and Harris on offense and about 4 hall of farmers on defense?

112. Maybe if Rodgers would take Brady’s salary the Packers can pick up and afford a couple more good receivers? That will never happen.

113. A 4 time SB champ and a Hall of Fame QB. This isn’t “snarky purple trolls” as some Packer goof calls it. Face it fellas, your QB is now officially a locker room and team cancer.

114. How many All Pro players did Green Bay have on offense this year? Far more than Brady ever had in New England when he won 6 Super Bowls.

The crazy comments about the Number One draft picks over the past 10 years is the work of the uninformed and lazy media. You build a team on the entire draft. The Pro Bowl status of numerous members of the Offense proves that. If you are paid in the media to tell a story. Stick to the facts. Leave the drama to the Prima Dona!

Green Bay has built a team. Unfortunately around a Narcissistic Prima Dona Choke Artist!

Bye Bye Baby!!! Family….Roommates….Girl Friends….Now your All Pro Teammates! Loyalty clearly has it limitations for “Mr Stats”.
    “Jeff George Syndrome” without a cure. 😢 Probably needs to spend his remaining days at a high elevation to reduce the head swelling.

As far as the rips on TB…..COUNT THE RINGS! The game is not played on paper….Stats do not make a Champion. COUNT THE RINGS!

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!!

115. iknoweverything says:
    May 4, 2021 at 9:44 am

AJ Hawk? Really? Methinks he doesn’t know either.
    *********
    Well, you’d probably be wrong, again.
    AJ Hawk just spent the weekend with Aaron Rodgers during the Derby, along with David Bakhtiari and Randall Cobb.
    Though Hawk said that in no way he wanted to speak for Rodgers himself, he had his opinions based on their conversations as the chaos was unfolding.
    Personally, I think AJ was in a rather unique position to base his opinions on.

116. Rodgers has always had thin skin. Estranged from most of his family, there was that story a couple years back when he was supposed to be a groomsman in a friend’s wedding and canceled out via a text just a couple days before the ceremony…. Sure, anybody can have some toxic people in their lives but when it happens to one person repeatedly it’s a safe bet they’re the problem and not everybody else.

117. Rodgers ain’t going anywhere. As a Bears fan, I wish he would. But it’s not gonna happen. Deal with it!

118. Pretty easy to get righteous about team loyalty when you had a HOF defense, receiving corps, running back, and coach to carry your mediocre ass for an entire decade. Terry is one of the all-time “born on third base and thought he hit a triple” guys.

119. Easy for Bradshaw to say as he handed off to Franco Harriss and passed to Lynn Swann and Stallworth. With a defense that was known as the “steel curtain”

I hate the packers because I respect them and they ruined plenty of my sundays as a kid but, don’t get it twisted. Rodgers has not had nearly the weapons Brett Favre or even Don Makowski had in Sterling Sharpe

120. STOP WITH THE JEOPARDY THREATS
    I HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF QUARTERBACKING THE PACKERS AT 57 AND NEVER PLAYED FOOTBALL THEN ROGERS DOES HOSTING JEOPARDY

121. Davante Adams…Jordy Nelson….Donald Driver….Greg Jennings. How many Pro Bowl receivers do you need to keep you from reaching for a box of Kleenex.

Terry Bradshaw has 4 Super Bowl Rings! Keep bashing TB….you look like uniformed fools. Brady passed Montana as the GOAT. Why?
    COUNT THE RINGS….not the Stats!

Aaron Rodgers has shown his true colors far too many times in Title Town. He will never be embraced by fans like Favre. He wants win but is more interested in a pay increase than a pay decrease like Brady. “Build me a team while you are at Salary Cap max due to my contract…by the way I want a raise”. Mr. “Know It All” is not as bright at business as he is asking trivial questions to entertain senior citizens before dinner time.

If Green Bay gives #12 a life time of Kleenex from the local paper mill. Will he take his narcissistic act with him and let the Packers get back to playing drama free football?

122. I respect all of Aaron Rodgers accomplishments but this guy seriously needs to check himself. If you know you’re better than Jordan love than just shut the hell up and ball. TB is 100% right and I usually don’t agree with a lot of the things he says. If he was working a real job and he pulled this nonsense he’d be gone in a heartbeat, Packers need to call his bluff and not take his me me me attitude and make him realize you’re not above the team. So Aaron stop being a whiny little B*tch and play football.

123. He’s upset because Green Bay wasted a first round pick on a QB when they could’ve drafted somebody to actually help the team. I still don’t think he’s bold enough to retire though.

124. Fair enough for Bradshaw to have his opinion.

I think his and Rodgers’ circumstances are different, though. The Steelers drafted QBs because Bradshaw was an ordinary QB carried by an all-time team and coach. He didn’t have to worry about getting his shots to win it all, because the team around him virtually guaranteed it. He made the most of his chances, of course.

But Rodgers is a vastly superior QB stuck on an under-equipped team with a terrible GM and mediocre coaches. Call him arrogant, but he knows how good he is and he can almost will the team to the playoffs regardless of the roster. He knows the team is just a few key pieces from serious ring contention, but the GM refuses to get them. So he feels stuck.

The Packers drafted a 3rd-round receiver this year, the first time in 8 years they’ve drafted a WR that high. Let that sink in.

125. So Bradshaw wasn’t afraid of a 4th rounder QB? Mighty tough of him. Rodgers was saying he wanted a player to help win and Green Bay drafted a 1st round QB. I would feel the same way as Aaron and want out NOW !!

126. This isn’t a staring contest to see who blinks first. This is about getting to and winning the superbowl, and Green Bay isn’t going to do that with Love at the helm. They have a two year window to win right now, and they should do whatever it takes to get him back on board and playing high caliber football. If he sits outs, gets traded, or retires, what then? You think this kid on the bench will be anything close to him, at least for another 4-5 years? You want to join the purgatory of the NFL middle class that can find a QB to win 10 games but not one that can win it all? Have fun. Drop your egos and do what it takes to win. Now.

127. Millennials and their sad faces getting no love. Go eat some avacado toast, Aaron.

128. Aaron Rodgers will have to respond to Terry Bradshaw’s statement. Ignoring it will make him look even weaker then TB indicated. This will be fun to watch.

129. I have to respectfully disagree with the sentiment on this board – the fact is there are 5 or 6 human beings on the planet today that can operate at the level Aaron Rodgers can and they all happen to be already locked on other teams. The average franchise QB is not a well adjusted human being and in part that flaw is what usually makes them so great at being a HoF QB but not necessarily a great human – there are outliers but more often than not there are issues. There are a lot more humans who can fill the role of the GM / President of an NFL team not easy but not a finger counting exercise – the hardest role for a GM is to find a franchise QB. BG already inherited that which makes his job inherently easier but the table stakes for his role is to ensure that relationship is not damaged. For this to have gotten to this point BG and MM have failed in their jobs and should be held accountable – regardless of fairness this was as important part of their role as any other component of their job profile. Life and the NFL are not based on fairness and if Aaron was a 3rd string QB he would be laughed out the door… but he is not and you cannot die on this hill. I live in Green Bay and the truth is Farve built the new Lambeau field and Rodgers has built the new stadium district. A home game weekend is an event that does more for the GB economy than any other city in the NFL and it is because we have had 30 years of #4 and #12. This is a business and the Packers need to put people in their key leader roles that ensure the most talented players are not alienated because all players are not created equal – does it suck…yes is it fair…no but check your ego and make it work. The idea that another HF QB is in the wings is magical thinking as the odds are so bad it makes me sick to know what awaits us packer fans. That future does not need to be accelerated and the Packers leadership needs need to ensure they get the most out of what is left of AR and they have already failed at that task given we are to this point.

130. This is hilarious, coming from a guy who whined and complained for years about how the Steelers treated him at the end of his career when he got injured.

131. Says the guy who had Franco Harris, John Stallworth, Lynn Swann, Rocky Bleier, Mean Joe Green, Dwight White, LC Greenwood Jack Ham, Jack Lambert, Mel Blount, and Chuck Noll as his coach to bail him out. It wasn’t all on Bradshaw because other players could step up and win any game too. That not how it has been in Green Bay since 2011. This thing didn’t start this offseason, it was 10 years in the making.

132. when jim brown and barry sanders walked away, did noted mensa member terry bradshaw think they were weak too?

133. Hey Terry maybe you should try throwing a little more TD’s then 2 over your career ints! This guys a Hall of Famer. I’ve seen guys do hell of alot more and not get in. Career TD 212 int 210 completion pct of 51.4% Numbers are bad Terry really bad!

134. Here’s what old man hypocrite Bradshaw once said about Chuck Knoll: “If he wants opinions, he ought to call me and ask me and stop making all these comments. He ought to just KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT and pay attention to the draft…”.

Do you remember that Terry, you hypocrite?

135. Put your self in AR shoes. Oh wait you kinda have been in his shoes no supporting cast and your numbers almost a non factor .

136. Here Terry a participation trophy cause no body loses. Everyone’s a winner!

137. Cue Alanix Morrisette music. Wouldn’t it be ironic if the Packers dumped ARod then won a Superbowl?

138. Aaron Rodgers is 1-4 in NFC Championships. 1-0 in the Super Bowl.

Compare that to TB’s record! Then forever hold your piece because your current arguments are a complete joke.

“Alex, I will take NFL QB Choke Artists for a $1,000.00”.

139. It is always about someone else. Mom, Brother, Questionable Roommate, Model, Race Car Driver, Head Coach and now the GM.

I hope his current hook up is well aware of her shelf life. Long Term is an investment strategy for #12…..not a relationship strategy.

140. Eric Doan says:
    May 4, 2021 at 9:15 am

Close to winning a SB? They haven’t even made it to a SB for over a decade….let alone been close to winning one

141. Weak, man up etc? If I’m Rodgers I either get a trade to a contender or have a sit down. He knows time is running out & see the only QB better than him go to a new team that didn’t have a shot at a title do everything possible to get him a ring. Green Bay not so much. No one knows if he will be traded or just show up and win. But does anyone think that GB is poised to win now based on the last 2 drafts? I’ve been an NFL since 1955 and all he wants is a title and ring period.

142. Bradshaw? You mean the clown who still holds a grudge against the Steelers? The clown who threw the bad pass and was jealous Franco Harris got the credit when he caught the ball started the Steelers on their run? Bradshaw still angry shows us how weak he is.

143. Bradshaw has a reputation for being a “dumb” guy which is more of a joke he plays on himself. He shows once again he is wise.

144. Terry you’re a good tv guy, we’re a great quarterback. But you seem like the crazy uncle who everyone makes sure doesn’t do anything crazy. It’s been a few years since he talked serious football the majority of the time. He’s now a little bit of the guy that says things his friends have to adjust after to say “this is what he really meant.” So he’s got shade for Rodgers, I bet Rodgers was irritated then thought we’ll who cares Terry says crazy bleep all the time. Reacting to what crazy says just leads to a headache. In my opinion

145. If Bradshaw believes you should shut up and play out your remaining contract why did he ask Al Davis to trade for him because he got benched in 1974? Sounds like he got his feelings hurt, maybe a little weak and temperamental?

146. “Using valuable assets to draft someone to hold a clipboard does not help the team win in this small window for Rodgers and Green Bay to win a superbowl. IF I’m Aaron Rodgers, Im pissed as well, get me talent to help us win.”
    ___________

All that is true but it doesn’t make how Rodgers has handled it acceptable. The Love pick was dumb but what team is Rodgers going to find that doesn’t sometimes whiff on draft picks? And how much say does a team need to give its star players? At some point it should become clear that no matter how much they’re paying you that doesn’t mean you’re in charge of everything and some decisions will not involve you.

147. Love what Bradshaw said.

Florio said that part of the money that Rodgers would walk away from would be his unearned signing bonus($23 Million).

In theory that makes sense, however Carson Palmer kept all of his signing bonus he received in 2009($15 Million). He pulled his stunt prior to the 2011 season, therefore did not earn $10 Million.

Mike Brown would love to get that money back. If Palmer could keep it, I’m sure Rodgers will figure out how to keep it.

148. Ask the Texans how they feel about all those draft picks they passed on

149. How many All Pro players did Green Bay have on offense this year? Far more than Brady ever had in New England when he won 6 Super Bowls.
    ==========

Wilfork
    Harrison
    Milloy
    Samuel
    Revis
    Mayo

I’d be willing to bet Brady played with more All-Pros than Rodgers.

150. Woodson
    Matthews
    Adams
    Bakhtiari
    Sitton
    Kuhn.. LOL

Its not even close to being close. What a dumb comment to make.

151. Maybe if Rodgers would take Brady’s salary the Packers can pick up and afford a couple more good receivers?
    ==========

Brady signed a $50mil contract last year, and signed for an extension for $25mil more this offseason.

But keep trying to argue he plays for free.

152. If you are on Social Security you love TB but most of the rest of us think he’s an old ball of jelly playing 3 stooges on Sunday mornings

153. Good for Bradshaw, I’m a Packers fan but this is garbage and I’ve said from day one of this soap opera, Rodgers has no control here, it’s play for Green Bay or retire.

154. Bradshaw being upset shows how old he is. And it reflects his egotism, which only values the world through whatever makes him look good or better than others. His fake hokumn act got old decades ago. As an old fart I’m with the young ones on this. Green Bay failed to adapt to the times. They failed to handle Rogers better for years. Now they all pay the price. Bradshaw is being obtuse, acting as though this is ALL about just being thin-skinned about one quarterback draft pick. Bradshaw is smarter than that. So his playing dumb like this in order to throw shade on another quarterback looks vile and tacky as hell to me. Please retire Terry. I used to root for you but you have devolved into an annoying clown who tarnishes his own legacy with every appearance.

155. patsfan1818 says:
    May 3, 2021 at 7:57 pm

===============

Brady played out his contract became a free agent and moved on to a better deal. Nothing wrong with that. Rodgers can do what he wants, I don’t really mind. He’s risking a bunch of money but he knows that already.

NFL players have a short window to make money and have the weakest union, why is it surprising they use any leverage they can?

156. Since retiring Bradshaw has mostly been a blowhard and clown, but it looks like he still has a bunch of functioning brain cells.

Rogers is the ultimate diva. He had some competition from Watson for a while, but we know how that worked out.

157. Some crackpot analyst parrots the garbage that Viking fans have been spewing for so many years and now they feel validated. I expect there will be a spike of Terry Bradshaw jersey sales in MIN.

158. “mikestan says:
    May 4, 2021 at 10:07 am
    Maybe if Rodgers would take Brady’s salary the Packers can pick up and afford a couple more good receivers? That will never happen.”

Why reward players who flaunt the spirit of the rules? That’s precisely why I disliked the Cowboys and Niners in the 90’s. They brought in all their veterans and adjusted their contracts so at one time Sports Illustrated showed the 2 teams having 6 of the top 10 players on their squads. Essentially cheating to get a leg up on the rest of the league.

159. travlinful says:
    May 10, 2021 at 12:47 am
    “mikestan says:
    May 4, 2021 at 10:07 am

========

Huh? how is what salary a player accepts “flaunting the spirit of the rules”? And the modern salary cap and free agency ruels didn’t really start until the early 90’s.