The Tim Tebow jerseys are already for sale

Jaguars.com

Signed by the Jaguars on Thursday morning, the team’s online shop already offers Tim Tebow jerseys for sale.

Here’s the link, with three players at the top of the page: Trevor Lawrence, Travis Etienne, and Tebow.

The image on the main page originally had Tebow wearing No. 0. That has been changed to No. 85.

Click the “Shop Now” link, and you’ll see a list of options with three Tebow jerseys along the top. Click one of the Tebow jerseys, and you’ll get this message: “This is a special event item. Orders containing this item will be shipped separately. This item will be shipped 2-4 weeks after the player’s number is officially confirmed by the NFL.”

He’ll likely end up with No. 15, once the team moves on from quarterback Gardner Minshew II.

As we understand, this is an effort launched by Fanatics, not the Jaguars. As we understand it, the Jaguars didn’t want the effort to sell Tebow jerseys to commence so quickly.

Ultimately, however, it’s not the team’s call. Once the team signed Tebow, Fanatics has the discretion to market and promote his jerseys.

Fanatics also offers “jersey assurance” for any Tebow-related transactions. However, the terms of the feature make it clear that there’s no protection if the player is cut or retires.

So, basically, buyer beware. Assuming buyer even cares.

58 responses to “The Tim Tebow jerseys are already for sale

1. I’m sure they signed him for his talent on the field not his popularity off it.

2. Signed by the Jaguars on Thursday morning, the media is already redlining it with the Tebow circus already.

3. So the team is going to move one from Minshew just for Tebow to get 15 lol! Couldn’t Minshew be decent to keep as a backup to Lawrence? I’m sure they could also just switch numbers. Have Tebow pay the bill for the unsold jerseys

4. Look at the shiny objects and distractions….

Trevor Lawrence behind the scenes flourishes

5. Good, i am going to buy one as he represents what athletes should aspire to be.

6. Tebow might do well in a Taysom Hill type role, but I think Meyer is insane for signing him. It totally changes the new young identity of the team.

7. If the Jags/NFL are purely worried about jerseys then it shows the absolute garbage of a product they push and how much people who buy this jerseys are beta sheep

8. Meanwhile the Jets hired a serious GM and Coach and aren’t doing circus things like this anymore. So yeah Trevor really dodged one not going there.

9. He made the team training and working at a position he never played, he’s 8-6 as a starting qb, he won a playoff game, he worked his way from single A baseball to triple A baseball…and now back to the NFL as A TE, he donates his time to charity and has never had a single off the field issue…ans you did what today. Stop hating!

10. Awesome, this will help people get through the firewood shortage in North Florida

11. You couldn’t pay me to wear a Tim Tebow jersey. Actually, you couldn’t pay enough to wear any jersey outside of being at a game. Very cringe worthy to see a grown man wearing a jersey anywhere except a sports venue.

12. Come on Minshew do the right thing. either retire or offer your jersey # to Tebow. come on! its Tim tebow!

13. And now we know why management went along with this circus. $$$$$$$

14. Ponto60 says:
    May 20, 2021 at 11:34 am
    Good, i am going to buy one as he represents what athletes should aspire to be.
    //////////
    You’ll have to spell it out for me, because I have no idea what you’re alluding to.

15. Ruha Nuggetcrusher says:
    May 20, 2021 at 11:39 am

—-

That’s the entire point. The current “identity” of the team is that they accept losing. They don’t know how to or expect to win. Say what you want about Tebow, but the guy is a winner.

16. Good. He deserves it. They should make everyone buy a Tim Tebow jersey because he’s a great guy.

17. for urban meyer so loved duval county he signed his only marketable son.

18. freefromwhatyouare says: “Very cringe worthy to see a grown man wearing a jersey anywhere except a sports venue.”
    ——————–

Why do you even care what other people wear on their own free time?

19. Why buy them now when you can wait till he’s cut and get them for 1/10th the price?

20. Good, i am going to buy one as he represents what athletes should aspire to be.

——————————

Hahahaha…Tebow’s records:

Football – 8W-6L, 47.9%CMP, 2,422YDS, 6.7YDS/ATT, 17 TDs, 9INTs
    Football – that playoff win that his fans rave about? 10 completed passes
    Baseball – .223BA, .299OPB, .638OPS, 18Hrs, 107RBIs over 3 minor league seasons

I give Tebow a lot of credit. He has managed to leverage his popularity, however gained, into a professional sports career despite his poor athletic skills. With that said, if Tebow was the standard, the sport in question would be unwatchable.

21. Maybe Urban brings in the ‘side show’ purposefully…distracts fans from the difficulties first year coach/qb will have.

22. Ruha Nuggetcrusher says:
    May 20, 2021 at 11:39 am
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Insane? Do you even know who the Jags put on the field as TEs last season? Ronald McDonald wearing clown shoes would be an upgrade.

23. People will be buying Trevor Lawrence jerseys & putting Tebow’s name on them.

24. Enough with all the hate of Tim Tebow already.Look,if there is something in life that I really want,I go get it.I work as hard as I can until I have it in my possession.Tim just wants to play football.He will now do anything he can to just do that one thing,play football.Men are resilient.We may get beaten down but we always bounce back.We fight for what we want until we achieve our goals that we set in life.Tim’s goal is to play football again.Let the man play.Peace.

25. evenwhenimwrongimalwaysright says:
    May 20, 2021 at 2:43 pm
    ________

Spaces after periods will make your comment more readable.

26. mlhigh77 says:
    May 20, 2021 at 12:31 pm
    Barnum Bailey just arose from his grave. This is major circus time!

History lesson, Barnum AND Bailey. P T Barnum and James Bailey! …but, never let facts get in your way!

27. flosnake says:
    May 20, 2021 at 12:52 pm
    This messed up country absolutely needs more Tebow right about now.
    ///////
    An aging athlete trying to hang onto any relevance? It’s just football man, and I have no idea what you think Tebow is bringing to the “country”.

28. jpk6044 says:
    May 20, 2021 at 1:53 pm
    Good, i am going to buy one as he represents what athletes should aspire to be.

——————————

Hahahaha…Tebow’s records:

Football – 8W-6L, 47.9%CMP, 2,422YDS, 6.7YDS/ATT, 17 TDs, 9INTs
    Football – that playoff win that his fans rave about? 10 completed passes
    Baseball – .223BA, .299OPB, .638OPS, 18Hrs, 107RBIs over 3 minor league seasons

=========================================================================================

I’m no Tebow fan , but…..”poor athletic skills?!?!?

He had a 1.2% chance to make it to the NFL and a 0.45% to make MLB( found no stats for making minor leagues) He’s still a great athlete to accomplish what he did.

Meanwhile, your stats are measured in how many chips per second you eat and how many beers per hour you drink.

29. What on earth is “jersey assurance”? We assure you we’re taking your money for glorified t-shirt representing a player who didn’t make the team?

What I remember is a famous good vs. evil battle of Tebow and the Broncos (good) vs. Suh and the Lions (evil). Evil won that game 45-9. And it wasn’t even as close as the score leads you to believe.

30. Interesting. I’m only a casual watcher of college football so I didn’t realize what a clown Urban Meyer is. I’m sure he’ll get along famously with Trent Baalke. Ha, no seriously, I’m sure they hate each other already. Dooval.

31. People fawning over a mediocre player in every sport he has played. And he is not even a good leader per his previous teammates. smh

32. Of course. This is the only rational reason for signing Tebow, so yeah, they’re going to profit from it quick, fast, and in a hurry.

33. Noone ever went broke under estimating the stupidity of the american buying public

34. Everyone says publicly move by urban Myer and Jaguars. Well guess what, it worked. The Jaguars have been discussed more times on this site than probably last two years combined. I’m not saying I agree with Tebow signing but it’s creating attention and possible fanfare. Urban will either be the next jimmy johnson or spurrier/saben.

35. “I’m sure they signed him for his talent on the field not his popularity off it.”

Thanks for the laugh. Tebow hasn’t played in the NFL for 9 years….and he NEVER played as a tight end….ever. So he wasn’t signed for his talent.

Tebow was signed for the publicity. Mission accomplished.

36. With college-boy Urban as head coach, and hot-mess Baalke as GM, I expect the Jaguars to be be in the bottom of their division.

When Baalke was with the Forty Niners, they are horrible. Bad draft picks and an inability to get along with the head coach. Now that mega-ego Urban is HC, I expect to see the same problems that happened with Harbaugh and Ballke with the Niners.

37. Urban more than likely gets a kick back. I cannot imagine anyone in that locker room trusting this situation