Ezekiel Elliott sued for another dog attack

USA TODAY Sports

Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott has another problem related to one of his dogs.

Via TMZ.com, a new lawsuit contends that Elliott’s Rottweiler attacked an employee of a boarding facility on March 25, 2021.

Per the lawsuit, Elliott allegedly had boarded his three dogs at the Bliss Pet Resort in Prosper, Texas. Brandon Williams took the dogs outside so that they could do the things that most (but not all) dogs do outside. The Rottweiler suddenly attacked, according to the civil complaint.

The dog, according to the allegations, seized Williams’ right arm, clamped down, and threw him to the ground.

“Mr. Elliott and his representatives were very surprised to learn of Mr. Williams’ complaint, particularly given that Bliss Pet Spa indicated at the time of the incident that this was not uncommon and was being handled under standard spa protocol,” attorney Frank Salzano told TMZ.com. “Mr. Elliott will address this matter accordingly.”

Elliott has been sued once before for an alleged attack by the Rottweiler. Earlier this year, another incident occurred when the dogs allegedly attacked two people while running loose.

60 responses to “Ezekiel Elliott sued for another dog attack

1. I’m certainly NO fan of this guy, but in this case it is hard to blame Elliott for this one. The dog was left there for the place to care for the dog, not running loose somewhere as in his other cases. Sounds to me like another situation where someone is trying to rip off a rich athlete with a shaky past. Case dismissed!

2. If your pet has a history of attacking people that means that it has not been properly socialized or trained to be aggressive.

I would imagine if it is attacking unprovoked the latter is more likely in which case you should not be boarding your pet.

3. It was at a dog boarding facility – it’s an aspect/risk of the business, particularly if they are willing to board large, muscular breeds of dogs. If the employee has an issue it should be with his employer, not the client.

4. Rottweilers, pit bulls and chow chows should be banned.

And I’ve had dogs for more than 40 years. Love ‘em, but certain breeds are dangerous.

5. Elliott is courting disaster by allowing the dog to be in a position to harm others.

6. it’s not the breed, it’s the owners and how they are trained, my aunt breeds chows, and they are all fine, I have met plenty of friendly pits and rottys; are they aggressive breeds? Perhaps moreso than others, but it is how they are trained that dictates their behavior

7. Elliot only has them because they are aggressive. Make no mistake about that. These dogs aren’t owned to be loved and do dog things, they are there to intimidate and nothing more.

8. This surprises me because the people that trained his dogs are the best. They have an outstanding record/reputation. This dog care center has multiple cameras so the owners can watch online. They should have video of what happened.

9. bajer says:
    June 5, 2021 at 9:38 am
    —————————–
    Agree – – to a point! How they are trained doesn’t always account for how they are treated once they leave the training facility. “How they are treated” affects how they behave, regardless of training.

10. I don’t understand why some people have to have certain breeds and, more importantly, train them to be attack dogs. Whenever you see an athlete’s dogs they’re the Rot/Pit/Doberman type. It’s like some big stupid macho thing.

It’s one thing to have a dog or dogs around for safety. But to train them to be ultra aggressive killing machines is stupid, It’s like the cosplay Seal Team 6 types who go to a political march looking like they’re about to raid Abbottabad.

Why are people so insecure, always looking to show how tough they are(nt)? You don’t have to try so hard to be a man, despite what Kenny Rogers sang.

11. bondlake says:
    June 5, 2021 at 9:25 am
    Rottweilers, pit bulls and chow chows should be banned.

______________________________________________________________
    Bull CRAP! Then you’ve been a crappy dog owner for more than 40 years if you think this was anything other than their training. Dogs take after their owners and it is ENTIRELY about how they are trained. People need to stop criminalizing certain breeds as if that has anything to do with it. Pit bulls and bull dogs and Rotweilers and apparently Chow chows get a bad reputation because of bad owners who train their dogs to be aggressive.

For me this starts raising Michael Vick type questions, and I won’t be surprised if we hear more dog-related allegations regarding Zeke.

12. Goodell will do nothing. He approved of Vick’s disgusting operation by allowing him back into the league when he didn’t need to.

13. dualprime says:
    June 5, 2021 at 9:55 am
    bajer says:
    June 5, 2021 at 9:38 am
    —————————–

2 0 Rate This
    _________________________________________________________________

I would say “trained” and “treated” go hand in hand as a dog owner who trains their owns dogs. If you train them properly you are treating them properly too. How you treat them is part of their training.

14. I have a Rottweiler and it is the sweetest dog you will ever meet. Dogs are a reflection of the environment they are raised in. EE needs to provide a better home for these dogs.

15. While dog biting and aggression could be considered not uncommon, it shouldn’t be. Train and treat the pup correctly and there would rarely be biting. So “to his surprise”, he shouldn’t be allowed to own a dog after this many episodes.of his dogs harming human beings.

16. dualprime says:
    June 5, 2021 at 9:55 am

_________________________________________________________________
    Brobokil says:
    June 5, 2021 at 10:06 am

——————————————–
    Again, I agree! His dogs were trained/treated well at the training facility.

What we don’t know is how they are treated at home, away from the training facility. Bad treatment can negate good training!

17. So the third incident with his dogs in the last 12 months.

He ought to be sued. And lucky if that’s all he gets.

18. The insurance industry charges extra on your home owners insurance because Rotweilers, Pitbulls , Dobermans, Chows and German Shepherds have statistically proven to be aggressive and have a substantially higher likelihood of attacking. When those same people get rid of these dogs, their insurance doesn’t stay higher because statistically they are bad owners.

19. I don’t know the rules of these places, but isn’t it kinda understood that a dog could attack someone? Like, just a downside to the job?

20. Why do these athletes invoke such drama into their lives and make bad choices?

How many more examples do we need to see?

21. People that control their dogs don’t get sued multiple times. Even famous people…

22. My Rott is a sweetheart, like someone above said… It’s true that certain breeds have a higher propensity for danger, but, it also so that proper training, socialization and nurturing will greatly reduce the chances of some sort of incident. A Rott WILL protect its owner/family and itself if it perceives a threat. I don’t find it to be very likely that Zekes dog randomly attacked this guy.

23. bondlake says:
    June 5, 2021 at 9:25 am
    Rottweilers, pit bulls and chow chows should be banned.

______________

Ludicrous. What are you going to do, kill all Rottweilers, pit bulls, and chows?

Its the people who are dangerous, not the dogs.

24. chesterburnet says:
    June 5, 2021 at 11:44 am
    _____________

Complete nonsense. How exactly is the insurance company supposed to know that you own any type of dog, much less one of these breeds? No insurer comes into your home before issuing a homeowners policy, most don’t even come by your house. They are mostly interested in how close you are to a fire hydrant, and they can determine that from a map.

25. There are no bad dogs, just bad owners. If Zeke doesn’t have time to train and raise them right, he shouldn’t own them.

26. The insurance industry charges extra on your home owners insurance because Rotweilers, Pitbulls , Dobermans, Chows and German Shepherds have statistically proven to be aggressive and have a substantially higher likelihood of attacking.
    _____________

Complete ignorance. You have to fill out a questionnaire when you get a policy and they ask if you have one of those breeds. You lie and they won’t cover an attack / incident. They do quite often come to your house and do an assessment. I guess nowadays, if it goes against what you want to believe it’s nonsense or fake news.

27. Low IQS love these filth breeds.
    Exists for nothing more than trying to project an image.
    Goes hand in hand with the culture…

28. I’ve owned German Shepards, I’ve owned Dobies, I owned a Pit/Bulldog mix. Not one of them ever bit anyone because they were raised properly and shown love. That’s what they gave back was love to everyone who ever visited my home. Treat tham right, they’ll treat you right, no matter the breed.

29. Most vicious animals aren’t allowed inside city limits. I don’t see people walking their pet mountain lion or grizzly bear around the neighborhood. But if you get a job as a lion tamer, or at a kennel, or something else where you’re working with vicious animals, don’t be shocked if you get attacked. I mean, what were you thinking? Every time you hear of another pit bull mauling, the owners always says it’s the first time that happened. True. Same thing when the lion turns on the guy who’s been working with him for years. But even if those vicious dog breeds are legal, their owners should be responsible for any deaths or injuries. Same as a gun owner. Guns can kill you, but they’re legal. But if your gun is involved in a shooting, you have some liability. Intelligence at some point comes into play, and that’s probably not Elliott’s strength.

30. Brobokil says:
    June 5, 2021 at 10:03 am
    bondlake says:
    June 5, 2021 at 9:25 am
    Rottweilers, pit bulls and chow chows should be banned.

______________________________________________________________

Sorry, you are incorrect. I work in insurance and my company will not insure any homeowner with these dog breeds- regardless of any training or not. These breeds are inherently dangerous.

31. You are more likely to get bit by a Labrador retriever than a Pitbull. And no one talks about banning them.

32. Small children are safe around well trained and loved pit bulls about 99% of the time. It’s that 1% of unpredictability that concerns me.

33. Zeke has proved many times over that he is an irresponsible person. Probably not a bad guy, just got too much idiot in him. He makes me miss Emmitt.

34. These dogs have shown that they are unable to safely interact with humans. Whether that is because they are a certain breed, or whether it is due to bad or no training, or a bad owner, doesn’t matter. The only responsible thing to do is humanely put them down.

35. Didnt he just have an incident a few weeks ago? Throw the book at him already.

36. It is in the dog’s DNA no matter how you treat it or train it.
    Sooner or later something will trigger a response that it can’t help to react to.
    To the morons who constantly defend these dogs I say to you try raising snakes passively and see how far that gets you. Their instincts take over and they do what is natural to them.

37. I don’t recall but it seems that Elliott is never around when these attacks are happening. Considering his profession and well-publicized lifestyle, I wonder how much time he has to spend with this dog to begin with. If this is one of those instances where he has to have a big, bad dog to accommodate his big, bad manhood -without spending adequate time with his pet- then I feel kinda bad for the dog.

38. trollingforjustice says:
    June 5, 2021 at 6:35 pm
    It is in the dog’s DNA no matter how you treat it or train it.
    ——– Canine and reptile brains have nothing in common. When were snakes domesticated? They weren’t.

39. To the gentleman who made the Labrador/Rottweiler comparison, I don’t know what you say is accurate, but for the sake of of good conversation, I will take your word for it…..With that said….I have seen a lab bite someone in an aggressive manner once in my life. But if was just one bite and then the dog ran off…with pitbulls, they innately, latch on with bad intentions….if they do release, it’s usually to get another bite on what they are attacking. It is not accurate to equate a lab attack to a pitbull attack and if you have any knowledge of either breed, you should know this to be true.

40. Some people shouldn’t have pets. Like people have said before on this post these dogs are not pets, they are more for show. Its like someone having a “pet” tiger. If these dogs were really Zeke’s “pets” and they were loved like everyone else who understands the difference between a pet and an attack dog he wouldn’t be signing a big check next week.

41. Breed does matter but not for the reason many people think. I have two dogs. A foo-foo Lhasa-Poo that weighs about 6 pounds and a 120 pound American Bulldog.

If a toddler walks up and pokes the foo-foo dog in the eye, she’s going to nip. The parent will laugh nervously at how “cute” it was because there was no damage to the kid (and they really don’t want to address their kid doing harm to my innocent little dog).

If the same kid walks up to the Bulldog and pokes him in the eye, he’s also going to nip. But now, that parent will scream bloody murder about my “vicious animal” even though he was just as innocent, because this time the kid is bleeding or maybe even lost a finger.

So who’s at fault? The dog? The kid? The parent? Me?

The dog’s not at fault, he’s just reacting to a finger in the eye.

The kid’s not at fault, he or she’s a toddler that doesn’t know any better.

The parent’s not at fault because the parent is clearly an idiot.

I’m at fault because I know how powerful this animal is.

I don’t allow strange kids to approach my dog unless he’s leashed and at my side. For the DOG’S protection.

42. chesterburnet says:
    June 5, 2021 at 1:52 pm
    _____________

__________________

____________

Insurance agents do not come to your home “quite often” to do assessments. They may come by one time when the policy is issued to walk around the outside and take some pictures. They never, ever go inside your home.

Agents are busy trying to obtain new business. They would revolt against the carriers if they had to take the time to do multiple assessments after the policy is issued.

43. So who’s at fault? The dog? The kid? The parent? Me?

The dog’s not at fault, he’s just reacting to a finger in the eye.

The kid’s not at fault, he or she’s a toddler that doesn’t know any better.

The parent’s not at fault because the parent is clearly an idiot.

I’m at fault because I know how powerful this animal is.

———————————————————

I am a veterinarian with over 30 yr experience. Folks this is what a responsible pet owner sounds like. BTW, Elliot is not responsible here Responsibility is on the Boarding facility owner and the case will hinge on the proper training of their staff not the dog.

44. mandelzev says:
    June 6, 2021 at 11:21 am
    So who’s at fault? The dog? The kid? The parent? Me?

The dog’s not at fault, he’s just reacting to a finger in the eye.

The kid’s not at fault, he or she’s a toddler that doesn’t know any better.

The parent’s not at fault because the parent is clearly an idiot.

I’m at fault because I know how powerful this animal is.

———————————————————

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you very much. It boggles my mind how many people just don’t get this.

45. I’m convinced dogs take on the personalities and temperaments of their owners and handlers.

46. If a boarding facility for dogs will sue people if the dogs bite, then why take the risk to board your dog there? Even well behaved dogs may bite if frightened and some breeds are more prone to dislike strangers.

Perhaps the boarding facility is simply not adept at managing dogs of various levels of behavior.