Jamaal Williams: I love Aaron Rodgers, but for the Lions he should stay out

NFL: JAN 03 Packers at Bears
Getty Images

Lions running back Jamaal Williams played with Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay the last four years before signing in Detroit this year. And while Williams came to be good friends with Rodgers, he would be fine with Rodgers and the Packers not settling their differences any time soon.

Williams acknowledged that what’s bad for the Packers — Rodgers staying away — would be good for the rest of the NFC North.

“Shoot, I love 12,” Williams said, via Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. “I just want him just to be happy, live his life and do what he needs to do. But for the Lions, for my team and everything, uh, yeah, go ahead and just stay out for a minute. Let us go ahead and get loose. I mean, you know, we’ll go against him, too, but make it easier for us.“

Williams said he can make no predictions about whether Rodgers will ultimately play for the Packers.

“But I wish him the best,” Williams said. “That’s my boy and I just want him to do whatever makes him happy.”

What would make fans of the other NFC North teams happy would be an ugly and protracted dispute between Rodgers and the Packers.

20 responses to “Jamaal Williams: I love Aaron Rodgers, but for the Lions he should stay out

1. I remember I was so happy when Brett Favre left the Packers, I remember watching Aarons first game when it was his team I think was Monday Night Football and he threw to picks and a Touchdown and was happy thinking he wasnt good.

2. Now if every other QB on lions schedule would just sit out, they very well could go 4-13.

3. You have to be desperate to sign with the Lions. Talk about a bad career move.

4. Dude, try playing in the NFC West!
    Out here, you won’t get a first round bye and home field in playoffs.

5. He ain’t wrong. With Rodgers they will win 12 games. Without him they win 4 or 5.

6. nflxpert says:
    June 5, 2021 at 12:59 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guys like you have been predicting the Packers demise for 25 years.

7. Lions won 6 games last year with an injured QB throwing pick sixes to 300lb D linemen. Better coaches, better O line, better QB but somehow everyone has them winning less than w Patricia who all the players hated and gave up on. I don’t buy it.

8. nflxpert says:
    June 5, 2021 at 12:59 pm
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I believe you or others just like you predicted the Packers would go 6-10, at best, in each of the last two seasons.

How’d that work out?

9. If you play well no one is unbeatable. The guy has only one ring (one less than Eli Manning) and the last thing he needs is for someone to feed his already bloated ego.

10. stellarperformance
    I don’t believe a single person predicted 6-10 for the Packers. Not one. Nice try.

11. As a Packer fan, I cannot stand for any indignation against Williams. Hell of a player and a good dude. Packers backfield was too crowded with AJ Dillon coming through, but I’ll miss him and it’s unfortunate he’s in the same division.

oldleatherlips says:
    June 5, 2021 at 11:35 am
    You have to be desperate to sign with the Lions. Talk about a bad career move.

12. stellarperformance says:
    June 5, 2021 at 2:51 pm
    nflxpert says:
    June 5, 2021 at 12:59 pm
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

How’d that work out?
    //////
    First of all, that’s a lie. Nobody said that. Second of all, he just said they’d win 12 with Rodgers. And then he said 4-5 without him. I don’t think he’s far off. How many will your team win if Love is the Qb for 17 games this season? I’d go as high as 7.

13. “I just want him just to be happy, live his life and do what he needs to do”
    ___
    I wish he could too.

14. Biggest problem here Jamal is nobody loves Aaron Rodgers more than Aaron Rodgers loves Aaron Rodgers.

15. seahawkcritique says:
    June 5, 2021 at 11:45 am
    Dude, try playing in the NFC West!
    Out here, you won’t get a first round bye and home field in playoffs.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    And the best team in the NFC West goes 12-4, with 10 wins being against teams that finished the season .500 or worse. 8/12 wins were by a TD, or less. Such a competitive conference!