David Bakhtiari unsure whether he’ll be ready for Week One

Green Bay Packers v Minnesota Vikings
Getty Images

The Packers still don’t know for sure whether Aaron Rodgers will be under center in Week One. They also don’t know whether David Bakhtiari will be blocking for him.

Bakhtiari suffered a torn ACL at practice on New Year’s Eve, and he won’t be fully cleared for the start of training camp. Whether he’s fully cleared for Week One Bakhtiari himself remains unsure of, according to Jason Wilde of the State Journal. Instead, Bakhtiari says the day he’ll be back on the field is the day he’s medically ready to be back on the field, no sooner and no later.

“This is my first time going through this, so I’m just going to attack every day, try to hit every benchmark I can,” Bakhtiari said. “And once ‘Doc’ [team physician Dr. Patrick McKenzie] can check me off, I can check myself and I can go out there and not only perform and protect myself but perform at the level that the Packers need me to, I think that’s where you’ll see me return, on that date.”

The Packers missed Bakhtiari in their season-ending NFC Championship Game loss to the Buccaneers. They may continue to miss him early in the 2021 season, but they’ll be eager to have him back and healthy, whether he’s blocking for Rodgers or Jordan Love.

21 responses to “David Bakhtiari unsure whether he’ll be ready for Week One

1. People who think Tom Brady isn’t luck consider the fact that the Packers lost their best lineman before their game and then KC had the exact same thing happen. Not saying it’s the only reason they won the SB but it sure helped.

2. I wonder if someone is waiting to see if someone else will be playing before that someone decides if he’s “ready.”

3. ariani1985 says:
    July 22, 2021 at 12:49 pm
    Hopefully this season he can shead the “soft” label.

————————————————————

Interesting…I’ve never heard a OL labeled as soft.

4. Jordan Love going to be running for his life. Don’t be surprising when he’s battered around like he’s Andrew Luck out there.

5. Packers can weather it better than most teams with a very deep and versatile OL group.

6. It’s great that David’s been working so hard to get back into playing condition after his serious knee injury, but as he said, he’ll be ready to go when he’s 100% healthy.
    Looking forward to it.

The Packers value their offensive line and have spent heavily on it including inking Bakhtiari to his new deal, as well as drafting 6 additional linemen over the last two Aprils.
    Though it’s never easy replacing a future Hall of Famer who anchors your line, but as an earlier poster said, the Packers will be able to weather it better than most.

Depth on the O-Line and a very versatile Elgton Jenkins is definitely a strong suit with this team.
    And given a full training camp to sort all this out, I honestly don’t foresee this being a major issue.

7. pkrlvr says:
    July 22, 2021 at 12:37 pm

_________________

I must admit, losing the NFC championship to the GOAT still feels like we got kicked in the Pinãtas.

8. pkrlvr says:
    July 22, 2021 at 12:37 pm
    ———
    It’s a close race to see who are bigger whiners packer fans or Aaron Rodgers.

9. httwft says:
    July 22, 2021 at 1:00 pm
    ariani1985 says:
    July 22, 2021 at 12:49 pm
    Hopefully this season he can shead the “soft” label.

————————————————————

Interesting…I’ve never heard a OL labeled as soft.

———————-

Pay no attention to our little mascot araini. He still thinks Ted Thompson is the Packers GM.

10. Looked as if he kept his throat in shape chugging all those beers at Bucks games.

11. Maybe the Packers can leak a rumor about Bakhtiari to try to motivate him like they did with Rodgers

12. Speaking of brady I read where Rodgers want to be like brady “with the intention of pulling “a Tom Brady” by leaving for another franchise in hopes of winning another Super Bowl.”

Makes sense

13. cheeseisfattening says:
    July 22, 2021 at 3:18 pm

Makes sense
    *********
    Well if that’s the case (Which almost nobody believes it is.) then he better steer clear of Minnesota.
    0 – 60 and still desperately counting. 🤣

14. Tweet saying Rodgers disgusted with the Packers.
    Woodley’s comment: “Spoken Truth”

15. It’s a close race to see who are bigger whiners packer fans or Aaron Rodgers.
    —-+
    Why don’t your spare yourself the headache and stay out of the Packer articles then Mr. Moss?

16. Speaking of brady I read where Rodgers want to be like brady “with the intention of pulling “a Tom Brady” by leaving for another franchise in hopes of winning another Super Bowl.”

Makes sense

More sense than most of your posts, that’s for sure.

17. I really am at my wits end. Every other day Rodgers is pissed off about anyone’s speculation.I look at a team I’m sure I hate or don’t like simply because my team is in the NFC North. In reality though Rodgers should be thrilled with a new head coach and an actual pretty dam good defense. It’s like Xmas came and some spoiled brat insists every present be sent back. Mostly the one package of “love”.

Last year he was stellar and he can thank every person on the team.

Lastly, and I’m being very sarcastic to say David Bakhtiari will be even better after rehab of hanging onto people.

18. So Ian Rapper is reporting old news – he keeps re-repeating old news because there is no new news. Remember the Packers flew out west to talk to AR – during the summer – isnt that Old news – why report it again. Remember the Pack offered him a new 2 year contract and it was turned down – that is new news – No old news. Remember AR is POd with the team – that is new news – NO that is old news. So everything that is reported about AR – is old news. Maybe we all need just to take a breath and wait and see if he shows up for training camp – and then there might be some NEWS.

19. He usually holds every play anyway and not get called for it so he should be able to do the same whether he is healthy or not.