NFL: SEP 12 Dolphins at Patriots
Getty Images

The Patriots’ offensive line may be a mess tomorrow in Houston.

New England is down both starting guards and both starting tackles: Shaq Mason had already been ruled out, Trent Brown was placed on injured reserve and Isaiah Wynn and Mike Onwenu remain on the COVID-19 list, according to Field Yates of ESPN.

The Patriots elevated offensive linemen James Ferentz, Alex Redmond and Will Sherman from the practice squad, according to Mike Reiss of ESPN.

That could make for a long day for rookie quarterback Mac Jones, although it’s a good week to draw a bad opponent: New England is still an eight-point favorite.

25 responses to “Patriots down four starting offensive linemen, call up three from practice squad

1. They’re going to be running the ball against the 28th ranked D. Back up linemen can run block.

2. They are also down a starting corner and a backup corner. Amazing that a 1-3 team, down 4 starting OL men, a veteran running back and 2 corners, playing on the road with a rookie QB can be favored.

3. dejadoh says:
    October 9, 2021 at 4:37 pm
    That’s tough for a rookie QB. Trent Brown has lost it.
    —————————

Trent Brown is a force every time he’s on the field.

4. So TB6, what I’m hearing is this game is no problem? Not gonna have negative yardage again for any of your RBs? Man a loss would be embarrassing

5. Godzilla says:
    October 9, 2021 at 4:48 pm
    dejadoh says:
    October 9, 2021 at 4:37 pm
    That’s tough for a rookie QB. Trent Brown has lost it.
    —————————
    Trent Brown is a force every time he’s on the field
    ————————————————————————————————-
    The Patriots have had 264 offensive snaps this seasons. Brown has been in the game for 7 of those. Yeah, a beast!

6. That team has no depth!!! Bb spent all the money they did have for 2 bust TE’s !!!..last place in the East !!!!

7. sorry to say I do not think than they can be any worse .I just hope the “kid ” survives the season in one piece .

8. Should be able to run the football against the Texans. The Panthers did it effectively and the Patriots have better RBs.

9. cheekflamingoz says:
    October 9, 2021 at 5:31 pm

4 2 Rate This

—————

I don’t think any game in this league is “no problem”, so never said that. I said the Pats will be running the ball a lot against a weak run d. Read it again if you need to. lol

I don’t know where you trolls come up with things you claim I said, but never said.

10. touchback6 says:
    October 9, 2021 at 5:58 pm
    cheekflamingoz says:
    October 9, 2021 at 5:31 pm

4 2 Rate This

—————

——-

You said I’d the Pats failed to win the AFCE last season that you would no longer post here….and yet here you are

11. Godzilla says:
    October 9, 2021 at 4:48 pm
    dejadoh says:
    October 9, 2021 at 4:37 pm
    That’s tough for a rookie QB. Trent Brown has lost it.
    —————————

Trent Brown is a force every time he’s on the field.

——————-

which is 1 qtr of 1 game this season and and about 3 snaps last year…
    Best ability is availability and he is arguably the worst in the NFL in that category, especially given the salary he is making. Main reason Raiders cut ties with him. He’s New Englands problem for now… only question remaining is for how long.

12. If the Pats lose to the Texans tomorrow, BB is definitely moving in next to TB12 in FL after this season is done.

13. nhpats2011 says:
    October 9, 2021 at 6:34 pm
    touchback6 says:
    October 9, 2021 at 5:58 pm
    cheekflamingoz says:
    October 9, 2021 at 5:31 pm

4 2 Rate This

—————

——-

———-

BB tells white lies all the time all in the name of WINNING. Pull up a seat you might learn something.

14. touchback6 says:
    October 9, 2021 at 10:00 pm
    nhpats2011 says:
    October 9, 2021 at 6:34 pm
    touchback6 says:
    October 9, 2021 at 5:58 pm
    cheekflamingoz says:
    October 9, 2021 at 5:31 pm

4 2 Rate This

—————

——-

———-

——
    Your bet was not a white lie….ir was you trying to act like a big shot who is “ in the know”….end you failed. Now do the right thing and honor the bet

15. nhpats2011 says:

4 2 Rate This

—————

——-

———-

——

———-
    The evidence of me saying that is about as easy to find as any evidence that BB cheated.