Mac Jones: Offensive line big reason why we won Sunday

NFL: OCT 10 Patriots at Texans
Getty Images

Patriots head coach Bill Belichick has seen a lot of things over the course of his coaching career, but Sunday brought something new.

The Patriots were missing four starting offensive linemen and Belichick said after their 25-22 win over the Texans that the only other time he could think of that happening was when the league was using replacement players during the 1987 players strike. Belichick added, via Zack Cox of NESN, that “you can’t even count that” because of the circumstances.

Center David Andrews was flanked by left tackleJustin Herron, left guard James Ferentz, right guard Ted Karras, and right tackle Yodny Cajuste on the makeshift line and the group held up well. Quarterback Mac Jones was sacked once and hit four times while the team ran for 126 yards.

“I think the offensive line did a great job and I think it all starts with them,” Jones said, via WEEI.com. “They were doubted all week and there’s this and that, and all the noise around that. They came out and they played really hard and they played together and I think I only got hit once all game (Houston was credited with four QB hits). Shout-out to those guys and they were a big reason why it happened.”

The Patriots won’t have right tackle Trent Brown back next week because he’s on injured reserve. Left tackle Isaiah Wynn and left guard Michael Onwenu are on the COVID-19 reserve list and right guard Shaq Mason has a quad injury.

17 responses to “Mac Jones: Offensive line big reason why we won Sunday

1. As predicted. Right again.

Herron played well at LT last year in spot duty and did again today, all day long.

Nice job by the interior and Cajuste as well.

2. Mac Jones: Offensive line big reason why we won Sunday

To be fair, playing the Texans is the biggest reason New England won. That effort wouldn’t have gotten it done against any halfway-decent team.

3. touchback6 says:
    October 10, 2021 at 7:27 pm
    As predicted. Right again

——-

You predicted the Pats would win the AFCE least year and vowed to leave if they did not…. And yet, here you are

4. patsfan4lifedynasty says:
    October 10, 2021 at 7:25 pm
    Mac Jones is elite

8 2 Rate This

——————–

We get it. You’re a Jets fan who is obsessed with the Pats and have been on every messageboard you’ve been on on for over a decade.

Your team also drafted the wrong QB like imbeciles because your team is so arrogant, which is hilarious, considering how pathetic your franchise is since man landed on the moon in 1969.

5. touchback6 says:
    October 10, 2021 at 7:27 pm
    As predicted. Right again.

Nice job by the interior and Cajuste as well.

————-

You also predicted Harry was the best receiver in the draft, and Stidham was the next big star.

6. touchback6 says:
    October 10, 2021 at 7:52 pm
    patsfan4lifedynasty says:
    October 10, 2021 at 7:25 pm
    Mac Jones is elite

8 2 Rate This

——————–

We get it. You’re a Pats fan who is obsessed with the Jets and whose arrogance will one day come to haunt him.

7. touchback6, quite hypocritical of you seeing as you’re constantly on Bill’s threads. Josh Allen will have his way against us again this year.

8. Jimmypinthe416 says:
    October 10, 2021 at 8:01 pm
    touchback6 says:
    October 10, 2021 at 7:27 pm
    As predicted. Right again.

Nice job by the interior and Cajuste as well.

————-

6 4 Rate This

—————-

Said neither. I like to use my eyes and see how players play at the NFL level before making these so called “predictions” you and other
    liars claim I’ve said but never said. I judge by what I see not where someone is drafted.

I like the way Stidham looked in 2019 as a prospect just like I like the way Mac Jones looks now. Both are the kind of qbs needed with the system NE runs. Accurate, ball out on time to the right guy as Mac Jones did again today. I don’t care what the name on the jersey is, I care about the skill set. He is outperforming all rookie qbs by a mile and setting records as well.

WRs I never deem anything early on in NE and I don’t watch a lot of college football and had no idea who Harry even was the day he was drafted, so it’s impossible I would say that.

Meyers I have been sold on for a while at the top of many important WR categories. Very good player.

9. nhpats2011 says:
    October 10, 2021 at 7:51 pm
    touchback6 says:
    October 10, 2021 at 7:27 pm
    As predicted. Right again

——-

21 4 Rate This

————

I did leave for the postseason which was MY bet and offer. I left and came back after the SB as honored.

Why would I hate Cam Newton and then offer a bet to leave permanently?

You and others lying will never work.

The fact NE won and undressed your boyfriend Brady last week makes you miserable. How’s the trailer this week?

10. touchback6 says:
    October 10, 2021 at 7:27 pm
    As predicted. Right again.

————————————————

Being correct does not always make a person right.

11. The oline stepped up being down a few starters it wasnt pretty but road wins like this galvanize a team I’m proud of the guys.