Report: Allen Lazard on COVID list as close contact, out for Thursday

Washington Football Team v Green Bay Packers
Getty Images

Allen Lazard joined fellow Packers wideout Davante Adams on the COVID-19 reserve list on Tuesday and he reportedly won’t have a chance to come off the list before Thursday’s game against the Cardinals.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Lazard went on the list as an unvaccinated close contact of someone who tested positive. That person is presumably Adams.

NFL protocols say Lazard will have to stay away from the team for five days, which means he’s definitely out for the matchup with Arizona.

Vaccinated players do not have to isolate after close contacts. Those who test positive can be activated after two negative tests taken 24 hours apart.

The Packers also got a receiver back from the COVID-19 list on Tuesday. They activated Malik Taylor from the list and he joins Randall Cobb, Amari Rodgers, and Equanimeous St. Brown on the active roster.

36 responses to “Report: Allen Lazard on COVID list as close contact, out for Thursday

1. nagyisterrible says:
    October 26, 2021 at 5:01 pm
    Not a big loss. Rodgers makes average receivers look good, see Davante Adams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. So the vaccinated guy gets Covid and the unvaccinated guy has to sit out while other vaccinated close contacts don’t? Does everyone see how this doesn’t make sense?

3. So a vaccinated guy gets the virus and spreads the virus to everyone and can play with two negative tests. But an unvaccinated player who only had a close contact with COVID has to go into isolation?

This is the problem why there is so much hesitancy and division in this country. Nothing makes sense anymore. There is no common sense in this pandemic.

4. Wow, The vaccine sure does seem safe. Not. What a joke.
    //////////////

Reading comprehension? He was unvaccinated.

5. The NFL and PFT are shills for Big Pharma says:
    October 26, 2021 at 5:12 pm
    ————————————————

No, I think it’s mostly just you bruh

6. It doesn’t make sense only if you don’t understand the idea that the league is making it difficult for the unvaccinated because the league wants to get teams to 100 percent vaccinated so overall risk is lowered greatly.

I know it’s hard to keep up, but do try.

I guess if Lazard doesn’t like it…he can quit, right? I mean, that is the conservative talking point on employment?

7. You’d throw every receiver the Bears ever had off a cliff to make room for Davante Adams.

Actually I wouldn’t. I already know what happens when Packers receivers leave Green Bay after Aaron gets them a big pay day. They fall flat on their face.

8. Wow, The vaccine sure does seem safe. Not. What a joke.
    —————-
    And if someone dies in an automobile accident while wearing a seat belt, then I guess seat belts don’t do any good, either, right?

9. I love Lazard. He fits thier system perfect. But he ain’t going to Canton. That being said, he isn’t good enough to not get vaccinated for whatever reason. I suspect he will be deemed spendable in the future

10. gremlin says:
    October 26, 2021 at 5:09 pm
    Why in the ____ isn’t Lazard vaccinated? This could very well cost GB the game.

First of all, Not having this bum Lazard isn’t going to make a difference. Second, the vaccine doesn’t work.

11. Juwann Winfree, Come On Down!
    You are the next contestant in the Green Bay Packers Wide Receiver room!

12. How much do you want to bet Adams plays? I mean come on, look at the stakes. Thursday night, the hated Packers playing the only undefeated team left and Joe is on the call to gush about #12 all night long. There’s not a chane he doesn’t play even if he doeasn’t pass two negative tests.

13. Erin will have a meltdown and threaten to sit out and take his ball if Adams doesn’t play. He’ll play. As far as Allen Lizard, big deal.

14. In early August, I got Covid after being vaccinated. My brother brought it to me from down South. It was the Delta variant, which is much more contagious and more dangerous than the original virus.

I’m 61 years old with several comorbidities. I was sick as a dog for about 10 days and I still have a hard time catching my breath but I never had to be hospitalized.

My doc, who is a trusted friend more than anything else, swears I’d be dead if I hadn’t been vaccinated. I believe him.

Don’t let someone else’s politics kill you or a loved one. Get the freakin’ shots.

15. Ya they are already out MVS, not sure what his injury is but apparently he wont be ready for this game either. This will be like week three for him.

16. kevbojones says:
    October 26, 2021 at 6:36 pm

Pandemic of the vaccinated

Enjoy your lifetime Moderna and Pfizer subscriptions

____

Ha! So true.

We need more people like you!

17. Cardinals will be playing 9 in the box. I wonder if the Pack has time to put in some Wishbone plays before Thursday night.

18. jcdough says:
    October 26, 2021 at 5:59 pm
    I think that means Lazard doesn’t get paid for this game.

—–

The game has to be cancelled all together and the team with the outbreak that causes the cancellation does not get paid and it is every player on the team, not just the unvaccinated players.

19. nagyisterrible says:
    October 26, 2021 at 5:48 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, I guess I should have factored in the fact that you don’t have anybody in Chicago even remotely able to play quarterback. My badness.

20. Pandemic of the vaccinated?????? Seems to me you left out the KEY letters, UN, because the people dying and hospitalized are the UNVACCINATED.

Thankfully we now have a vaccine for Covid-19, unfortunately we still don’t have one for stupidity.

21. Thankfully we now have a vaccine for Covid-19, unfortunately IT DOESN’T WORK!

Man, even the ones that call others stupid are STUPID!

22. This is starting to feel a lot like the 2016 Packers-Cardinals playoff game, when Rodgers was down to his fifth and sixth WRs because of injuries.

Somehow, I doubt Green Bay will manage to force overtime with 2 fourth-quarter Hail Marys this time.

23.  Aaron Rodgers in last 6 games without Davante Adams:

• 142/202
    • 1,865 yards
    • 17 TDs, 1 INT
    • 125.2 passer rating
    • 6-0

24. So let me get this straight in my head, Adams a vaccinated player tested positive, Lazard a unvaccinated player tests negative but because he had close contact with a positive vaccinated player he can’t play because he is unvaccinated even though he tests negative, but the vaccinated player can play if he tests negative twice, so even if the vaccinated player is proven to be negative and can play the unvaccinated player can’t regardless 🤔

25. Packers had no chance against Ariz anyways. This is IMO one of the worst if not the worst defenses in football. Lucky for them Kevin King is still out or Murry would have 5 td passes against him alone. This is the guy the Packers gave a new contract too. He was cheap.

26. Honestly, the ignorance about the vaccine is astounding, and kind of embarrassing. I don’t know when people decided the news media and government institutions are all untrustworthy (but somehow the random link you saw on facebook is credible???). First of all, we obviously have no idea where Adams got Covid, or Lazard. Did one spread it to the other? Maybe, we’ll never know. Certainly the Delta variant spreads easily. It is also sad that someone college educated and well advised like Lazard would choose not to be vaccinated, because it’s clear if you want to work for the NFL, choosing to not get vaccinated is an enormous risk to your livelihood, not to mention it could cause serious harm to your team. Here’s the bottom line, people need to learn about RISK and risk probabilities. The earlier seat belt analogy was spot on. No one said the vaccine prevents you from getting Covid, the vaccine benefit is it lowers your PROBABILITY of being hospitalized or dying. Like seat belts, air bags, safety harnesses and trigger locks don’t guarantee anything, they simply improve your odds.