Jen Psaki, Gene Simmons take issue with Aaron Rodgers

Tribeca Festival Screening Of "Biography: KISStory"
Getty Images

Today, Aaron Rodgers will rejoin the Packers after a tumultuous week and a half, during which COVID was arguably the least of his concerns.

His disastrous diatribe from eight days ago permanently has changed the way in which many will view him, and he’ll inevitably face a roomful of reporters who may have questions far tougher and pointed than any he ever has faced. (And he undoubtedly will be wearing a mask.)

When he’s next questioned by the media (he was able to avoid his midweek availability due to his COVID status, even though he appeared as usual on Pat McAfee’s show), Rodgers may get a question of two regarding comments made this week by the likes of White House press secretary Jen Psaki and KISS bassist Gene Simmons.

Asked on Friday about the Packers quarterback’s promotion of “dubious alternatives” to the COVID vaccine, Psaki said, “You know how we feel about misinformation. We’re against it.”

Simmons, appearing Wednesday on TalkShopLive, had a more pointed message.

“If you’re willing to walk among us unvaccinated, you are an enemy,” he said. ““I don’t care if you play football or not, stay away from evil people who don’t care about your health.”

In Rodgers’s followup appearance with McAfee, which seemed to be heavily influenced by the advice he may have received from a high-priced crisis-management specialists, Rodgers gave a half-hearted apology for the fact that he “misled some people about my status,” but he inevitably said, “I stand by what I said” about the vaccine.

After Sunday’s game against the Seahawks or during the Wednesday press conference in advance of Week 11, it will be interesting to see whether he answers questions about his decision to not get vaccinated and his decision to create the false impression that he was vaccinated, or whether he’ll play the Belichick “it’s already been addressed” card.

One thing he hasn’t addressed is the fact that he received only one fine, for attending a Halloween party (not organized by the team), and none for the multiple and blatant COVID protocol violations arising from his many mask-free press conferences conducted indoors with reporters present.

44 responses to “Jen Psaki, Gene Simmons take issue with Aaron Rodgers

1. “If you’re willing to walk among us unvaccinated, you are an enemy,” [Simmons] said. ““I don’t care if you play football or not, stay away from evil people who don’t care about your health.”
    ____________

Thank you Gene Simmons for speaking the truth about public health. Thank you for speaking the truth about how the unvaccinated are intentionally putting those around them at risk.

2. Gene Simmons is absolutely correct. The unvaccinated are the enemy. People who intentionally endanger the public health need to be isolated from decent society.

3. Excuse me, but Psaki and Simmons were both fully vaccinated and contracted COVID. Do they realize they were spreading it potentially exactly the same way they are hailing fire and brimstone upon Rodgers?

People have lost their minds. Rodgers Def misled (didn’t lie) in August, but he is far more right than not, and is more reasonable on this matter than people like Gene Simmons.

4. Goodell entered the league and vowed to crack down on misconduct. In the beginning it was so aimless that is was almost funny. Then it became so biased toward profitability that it became a farce. Rodgers is, sadly, par for the course.

This is the reason I no longer spend money on the NFL. I take what I get for free on TV, radio and Internet. It is not about making a difference of affecting change. I enjoy football Goodells extremely poor handling of his flagship endeavor has simply soured me on the NFL hype train.

5. Has the world turned upside down? I figured Simmons would be on Rodgers’ side. Will wonders never cease.

6. Re: Psaki, irony is truly dead.

Re: Simmons, what a perfectly rational response – just what’s needed to lower the tone.

7. I’m sure there are also many Americans that take issue with Jen Psaki and Gene Simmons……

8. Gene Simmons calling someone evil. Now I’ve seen everything. Don’t necessarily disagree with their remarks, but Simmons may be the greediest man on the planet and is in no position to judge anyone on anything. He has stepped on more careers and screwed more people than Rodgers could ever hope to.

9. “minime says:
    November 13, 2021 at 8:50 am
    Freedom of choice.”

^Says the person who has had all the required vaccines just to begin grade school: measles, mumps, rubella, whooping cough, diphtheria. IOW, no credibility at all.

10. Up until last year, vaccinations were taken by those of us who wanted to protect ourselves. While I don’t condone Rodgers lying about his status, Gene Simmons stating “stay away from evil people who don’t care about your health” proves the thought process has changed for some people.

I got vaccinated to protect myself. Why should I care if others have gotten it? Am I now supposed to ask everyone I come in contact with to provide me with their entire history of vaccinations?

Given that Jen Psaki just had covid – after being vaccinated – it’s all too clear that this is politics getting in the way of people making decisions about their own health.

11. I support Aaron. It’s called freedom

11 6 Rate This

Actually it’s called selfishness , ignorance and lies. Science is based on facts not Dr Rogers’s uneducated opinions.

12. gibson45 says:
    November 13, 2021 at 7:07 am
    ____________

___________

The freedom you give up for “public health” is astounding. Why don’t we ban salt, sugars, alcohol and prescription pain killers while we’re at it? And mandate an hour of exercise a day? In the name of “public health.”

13. I support Aaron. It’s called freedom
    —–
    No it’s not. The NFL has a policy and people employed by the NFL need to follow it. Freedom is not in question here, this is a boss/employee issue only. In the real world you still have your freedom, make your own choice, but under the shield, if you want your paycheck, you better follow the rules, plain and simple.

14. I think Rodgers handled this poorly, but the gigantic overreaction to this has actually made him seem sympathetic, which I would have thought was impossible. He didn’t ruin sports. He’s not the worst person on the planet. He’s an egomaniacal QB who thinks rules don’t apply to him. But the hyperbole on this one has been pretty rich.

15. If I had an ounce of respect for either of those people – MAYBE their opinion would matter.

It doesn’t.

16. For everyone calling out Simmons and psaki for getting Covid while vaccinated…you are still STILL missing the BIGGER picture here. Breakthrough infections WILL occur. Do they spread the virus as much? No. Do they put a tax healthcare as much? No.

IMO psaki and Simmons probably got the infection from unvaccinated people! Ever think of that? In other words some of us are trying to protect ourselves and others ….while other people like rodgers continue to put even vaccinated people at risk with their selfish behavior.

17. Excuse me, but Psaki and Simmons were both fully vaccinated and contracted COVID. Do they realize they were spreading it potentially exactly the same way they are hailing fire and brimstone upon Rodgers?

—-

No Internet doctor. They were fully vaccinated and following protocols. Thats what that matters. Not lying and getting others in trouble

18. notwhoyouthinkitis says:

November 13, 2021 at 8:55 am

“minime says:
    November 13, 2021 at 8:50 am
    Freedom of choice.”

———-

19. Okay, now that Gene Simmons and Raggitty Ann have spoken, now I’ll listen to the nonsensical agenda…. Great spokesmen, hilarious! When those two are on your side, you might be the problem.

20. My issue has nothing to do about choice. If Rodgers had come out and said, I’d rather take my chances at my age of getting covid and fighting it off versus the shot and not knowing what it my do to my body, Hey I think we all could live with that, it is his choice. At least those who were vacinated would know to stay away and protect yourself.

Know the issue is lying about it and not allowing someone elderly like me to make a choice to avoid you and protect myselfy. Your taking my choice away because you dont want people pointing fingers at your ego for not getting the shot.

Put on your dam big boy pants and say what you gotta say and take your medicine pal.

21. Wow, you know things have hit rock bottom when Gene Simmons aka the demon from KISS is calling people evil. The vaccine is not mandatory nor should it be. All the vaccine does is reduce risk of death or serious illness, but fully vaccinated people an get it, spread it, and die from it. If vaccinated people could not spread it, I would look at it differently. Aaron should not have misled people but can you really blame him, nobody should have to disclose their vaccination status if they don’t want to especially a public figure who will face intense scrutiny. The choice is personal and different for every person, nobody is the enemy and when we start to paint that picture things hey bad fast.

22. Why aren’t all the “freedom” fighters crying out about seatbelt laws and stop signs? It would make about as much sense.

23. All the people that keep saying that freedom gives you the right to do whatever you want have no conception of what the word means. None.

24. There are a LOT of people on here that need some serious psychological help. The fact of the matter is that politics has invaded ALL sports and that never should’ve happened. Nor is it mine, or anybody else’s business what foreign object anybody puts in their own body

25. Those arent apt comparisons. All the vaccinations you listed are mandatory to enroll in school whereas being vaccinated against covid isnt mandatory currently(which whether you agree that it should be a choice the fact its not mandated that you MUST have it makes it a choice)
    ‐—————
    Truth!!!

26. minime says:
    November 13, 2021 at 11:25 am
    ‐—————
    Truth!!!
    __________

Not the truth at all. In a civilized society people should care about the well-being of their fellow humans. The vaccines required for school admission are required to prevent and eliminate dreadful diseases. They are literally miracles that have improved the human condition.

The covid19 vaccines would accomplish the same thing except for the fact that we have too many morons who choose to take their health advice from Dr. Joe Rogan instead of real medical experts.

27. Sunday Swami says:
    November 13, 2021 at 6:49 am
    Sorry but no one is looking to Gene Simmons as the beacon of right, wrong and morality.
    _________

Perhaps they should look to Gene, because the people who you look to such as Rogan and Tucker certainly are not.

28. How many people have had an adverse reaction to the vaccine? is it zero, or more than zero?
    That is all.

29. Now Rogers has natraul immunity which is 13 times more effective, than the clot shot. That’s per the Cleveland clinic, so there’s that and it’s credible.

30. springfield says:
    November 13, 2021 at 10:40 am
    ————————————————————————————————
    Lol, great comment!

31. gibson45 says:

November 13, 2021 at 12:15 pm

Sunday Swami says:
    November 13, 2021 at 6:49 am
    _________

——————
    Actually I dont look to either, I’m also not into politics either but I guess since I dont fall for it when you try to race bait to cause problems your just trying to find things you think will offend me, sorry but you failed. Never once have I said I was against vaccination or that I thought Rodgers was right BUT looking to Gene Simmons for your health news is exactly the problem that you claim to have with others. He’s uneducated in this situation, to look to him is NO DIFFERENT. Go troll someone else.

32. Read “the news”….cases with highest levels of new covid cases? California, New York….perhaps Aaron is more right than wrong?