Robert Woods suffered torn ACL in Friday’s practice

Los Angeles Rams v Houston Texans
Getty Images

The Rams’ receiving corps has taken a major blow.

Robert Woods suffered a torn ACL during Friday’s practice, according to multiple reports.

Woods apparently hurt his knee during the session but was able to finish practice. It wasn’t until after practice that tests were run and the full extent of the injury was discovered. That’s likely why Woods did not appear on the team’s Friday injury report.

Already with a thin receiving group, Los Angeles had just signed Odell Beckham Jr. Now the club will likely have to accelerate the process of getting Beckham involved. Aside from Beckham and star receiver Cooper Kupp, the Rams currently have Van Jefferson, Ben Skowronek, and J.J. Koski on their roster.

Woods has been with the Rams since signing as a free agent in 2017. This season, he recorded 45 receptions for 556 yards with four touchdowns. He also took eight carries for 46 yards with a TD.

Originally a Bills second-round pick in 2013, Woods has caught 570 passes for 7,077 yards with 35 touchdowns in his nine seasons.

The Rams play the 49ers on Monday night.

37 responses to “Robert Woods suffered torn ACL in Friday’s practice

1. Pressure on OBJ, Snead and McVay now.

Window about to slam closed. Football gods watching you toss picks.

2. Snatched up OBJ on my fantasy squad before he signed with a team. I have 2 solid starters but need depth. Hopefully he becomes a decent player worth starting every now and then. Woods’ injury will help those chances.

3. Fortunately for the Rams, they get my 49ers this week and our fraud of a head coach Kyle Shanahan. Shouldn’t be a problem for them to extend the losing streak at Levi’s Stadium.

4. Hate to see it for Woods. Was unstoppable the last couple weeks and hopefully he’s able to bounce back quickly and effectively!

5. OBJ won’t be able to fill his shoes. This is an opportunity for Van Jefferson to step up and make an impact. Rams starting WRs get their noses dirty in the run game. I just don’t see OBJ being able to do that. I think OBJ is WR3 in this case, just like he would’ve been otherwise. Hopefully a speedy recovery for Woods. He plays the game the right way.

6. donttrollonme says:
    November 13, 2021 at 1:01 pm
    Huge Loss.

OBJ can’t replace a guy like Woods.

He’s better than Woods. Woods runs 5 yard routes. OBJ can do that along with everything else. They’ll be fine without him.

7. Rams have given up to many picks for aging veterans. If they don’t make Super Bowl this year I see them going in a downward spiral.

8. bird2urmother says:
    November 13, 2021 at 1:01 pm

———————

Really? That’s your take. Guy’s career on the line and your Fantasy team lucked out?

From the most unselfish player (Woods) to the most selfish (OBJ). Not fair, really. Rams just got A LOT worse. Teams live and die off those 3rd and 7 guys. Not one catch wonders.

PS: As a Giant’s fan I saw every snap. When he was hurt, Engram and others shined. OBJ is just beyond dysfunctional.

9. TWICE in the same week, the rookie WR Harris and now Woods. Snead & Kroenke are wetting their pants now. Brady will finish off the Rams title window

10. The good news is Stafford has a lot of experience forcing the ball into triple and quadruple coverage to one WR all year.

11. Maybe Cupp can continue his great season without all the crying now. Oh wait they have Beckham now.

12. nagyisterrible says:
    November 13, 2021 at 1:18 pm

[OBJ is] better than Woods. Woods runs 5 yard routes. OBJ can do that along with everything else. They’ll be fine without him.
    ——————–

OBJ doesn’t run actual, planned, “routes”. He just runs.

13. Damn. As a Bills fan, I really appreciated Woods’ contributions to the team. Not every WR is willing to take on a DE or LB to help spring a RB on an outside run.

14. Oh no, OBJs plan of just riding the bench and getting a ring is ruined! Now he will actually have to play.

15. How lucky were they to sign Beckham. As a Rams fan I feel awful about Woods injury, he has been as durable as any player on the team the last 4 1/2 seasons. Kupp is the one I’ve worried about because he missed the second half of 2018 season when they went to the Super Bowl and he missed last years playoff loss to Green Bay. Had they not signed obj they’d really be in a fix.

16. touchback6 says:
    November 13, 2021 at 1:00 pm
    Pressure on OBJ, Snead and McVay now.

Window about to slam closed. Football gods watching you toss picks.

Hey man. I am with you. I mean I love their aggressiveness but throwing away draft picks like week old bread is gonna bite them in the toosh if they don’t win. I mean OBJ was a no-brainer. He’s cheap, he cost no draft pick compensation, he’s temporary, and he’s still talented but I mean giving up draft capital for Miller along with all the other draft picks they have thrown away lately. All I am saying is that they better win and when I mean win I mean win it all. Otherwise, this organization will be in a hole for decades with not many good young cheap players to replenish aging ones.

17. Great guy !! Sorry to see him suffer this unfortunate freak accident !! Wish him speedy recovery..

Now, this will be make or break second half for OBJ !! Anything short of at least SB final will be a failure for Rams with all those costly acquisitions and early round picks trade off….

18. You can never have too much depth in the NFL. The injury rate is too high. Hope Woods makes a full recovery, really good player.

19. bird2urmother says:
    November 13, 2021 at 1:01 pm

18 276 Rate This

————————————————-
    Player who’s going to be 30 years old tears his ACL – not going to be easy to come back from as he ages – and you expect anyone to care about your stupid fantasy team? Gtfoh

20. That stinks for Robert Woods. He’s a great team player, and now one of the most selfish ones will take his spot. I hope that Woods makes a complete recovery.

21. knightwanderer says:
    November 13, 2021 at 2:06 pm
    Must have a psychic on the staff they traded for the needed part before the deadline.

No deadline and it wasn’t a trade. The Browns cut Ol Dirty Bastard Jr for being a cancer on the team, and also because he never produced for them.

22. backintheday99 says:
    November 13, 2021 at 1:30 pm
    bird2urmother says:
    November 13, 2021 at 1:01 pm

———————

——–
    Lol should I have written the guy a personal letter and apologize about his injury? Or make the same lame statements half the people on here say when they’re writing their comment and acting as if Robert woods is reading their personal message to him? You’re acting as if I wished injury on this man. Get over yourself. You remind me of the old Simpsons episodes with that one lady on there and anytime some kind of drama happened she’d always cry out “will somebody think about the children?!”. . . .that’s you. I’m not a rams fan. I feel for the guy but I’m not going to shed a tear. So yeah, that’s my take, buddy.

23. cowboysmb3dw28 says:
    November 13, 2021 at 4:59 pm
    bird2urmother says:
    November 13, 2021 at 1:01 pm

18 276 Rate This

————————————————-
    ——–
    Lmao! Who said I expect anyone to care? That was my initial reaction when I read the title for the article. I didn’t know all of my posts were supposed to be cared about lol. So, woods tears his acl and all you care about is my post? Why don’t YOU gtfoh? Haa lots of people on their high horse tonight.