Bruce Arians tests positive for COVID-19

NFL: DEC 19 Saints at Buccaneers
Getty Images

Buccaneers head coach Bruce Arians has tested positive for COVID-19.

The 69-year-old Arians is vaccinated, which greatly reduces his risk of becoming seriously ill, but he is now isolating from the team.

Buccaneers assistant head coach and run game coordinator Harold Goodwin will assume the head-coaching duties while Arians is out. If Arians hasn’t returned, Goodwin will be the acting head coach Sunday against the Jets.

The Bucs have also confirmed that cornerbacks Jamel Dean and Sean Murphy-Bunting have been placed on the COVID-19 reserve list.

64 responses to “Bruce Arians tests positive for COVID-19

1. No NOT Arians!

MAN, The Bucs have had issues at cornerback all season…
    It’s good they only play the Jets and panthers the next 2 weeks…

2. Everyone knows Bruce’s broken relationship with the truth. I wonder if he got a fake vaccination card from AB and karma’s come knocking.

3. As a guy with some potentially huge underlying conditions, I hope he’s okay. But goes to show how the vaccine isn’t stopping the spread.

4. Agree with all of the previous posts. I hope he recovers quickly but this also keeps him away from microphones acting as if he is anything but the coach in name only.

5. Here is how you prove there is no karma;

Everyone BUT Antonio Brown is getting run over by the train.

6. springfield says:
    December 28, 2021 at 4:30 pm

———————-

Um…the vaccine means you won’t be knocking on death’s door and taking up a hospital bed for someone who needs it. I had covid pre vaccine days and it was horrific. Got it post vaccine and it was a crappy few days. Big difference,

7. Good thing he is vaccinated otherwise he’d be in trouble after his selfish players like Brown(and others) were not.

8. Folks, what does Brown have to do with anything? Everyone all across the league is getting this virus. Just look at the Chiefs and Packers now.

9. Considering the Bucs played the Saints and the Panthers in the last 10 days, it’s not surprising the Bucs are getting hit by Covid.

10. Used to be where no one cared what happened in Tampa. Now everyone wants or wishes for there failure…LOL Ahhh to be on top!

11. mstewart says:
    December 28, 2021 at 4:21 pm
    But, but, but he’s vaccinated.
    —————————————————————————————————————-
    Perhaps that’s why he said he’s only experienced mild symptoms.

12. What are the symptoms of having a positive test? Is it the Flu symptoms we all have had at one time or another?

13. TB fans better hope TB 12’s pliability will be keeping all bad things away huh and from the remaining skill position guys too until playoff time giving oh no virus cases to the skill guys on their potential opponents …. as many have mentioned here before the eventual SB winner potentially may not end up being the best but that with the best difference making men left standing !!!

14. That’s it Antonio now you are really gone for giving me covid. But let me check with Tom first. Tom says I am a lump and not as important as Antonio. I guess your still on the team. Hope Tommy let’s me coach when I am able to come back.

15. I’d be careful with the karma talk, everyone is gonna get it eventually and sometimes karma walks slowly

16. @kainer46

Let’s not forget these people are exactly that… PEOPLE! People with families, kids, grandchildren, parents, etc…

Football is just a game. You’re comments show how ignorant you are.

We’ll see how your tune changes when someone close to you gets the virus.

Best wishes.

17. @Tom Brady says:
    December 28, 2021 at 5:07 pm
    I’d be careful with the karma talk
    ______
    Didn’t Tom Brady leave a pregnant chick for an upgrade?

18. Some posters in here are a joke. Laughing or wishing a man harm. Football is a game for gods sake! You wanna root for your team so be it. But don’t wish harm on anyone. He’s a human being.

19. touchback6 says:
    December 28, 2021 at 4:45 pm
    Good thing he is vaccinated otherwise he’d be in trouble

———

Are you as sure if that as you were about the Colts being unable to run against the pats?

20. These people with stupid “karma “ mine as well just went with the “football gods” it would be just as dumb.

21. I’m sure he’ll be fine. The vaccine didn’t kill him so I don’t think a cold will either.

22. nhpats2011 says:
    December 28, 2021 at 5:30 pm
    touchback6 says:
    December 28, 2021 at 4:45 pm
    Good thing he is vaccinated otherwise he’d be in trouble

———

2 1 Rate

I said “unable”? I don’t think I said
    that. Yep, just checked. Never uaed the word.

Shutting Taylor out in the2nd half and allowing just 4ypc was good.

You are the worst liarI have ever seen. Never said “unable”, liar.

23. He’s the LAST guy you want testing positive,being a cancer survivor. I hope he’s going to be okay.

24. ‘Vaccination will save his life.’

It MAY lower risk but doesn’t eliminate them… 2 months after my wife’s uncle got the vacs, he still died on vent because of it… Just do what you can to not get it..

25. That’s all right the TB12 Centre must have some $5000 elastic bands with the TB12 logo on it that can rip off err um I mean cure covid. 😉

26. I don’t like Tampa Tammy 🙂 He was suspended for cheating, he’s a con artist and as we found out recently – a crybaby 🙂

27. backintheday99 says:
    December 28, 2021 at 4:44 pm
    springfield says:
    December 28, 2021 at 4:30 pm

———————-

/////////////////////////////////////::/:///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Same could be said for people who scarf down Macdonald’s and “Diet Coke”, if you have a heart attack. Don’t call an ambulance and go to the hospital. Die at home and save a bed.

28. Tom Brady could test positive for weeks straight and the NFL would never make him sit out a game. Check his fake vaccination card

29. “I said “unable”? I don’t think I said
    that. Yep, just checked. Never uaed the word.

Shutting Taylor out in the2nd half and allowing just 4ypc was good.

You are the worst liarI have ever seen. Never said “unable”, liar.” Awww, triggered much?

30. thurmanmerman99 says:
    December 28, 2021 at 6:31 pm
    ——
    Do they sell those at the TB12 store too? Wow! Tammy really has it all covered!

31. Man, if Covid is powerful enough to break through 2 vaccines, a booster and that spray tan then what hope do the rest of us have?

32. This Covid testing is getting ridiculous. So is the common cold is non existent? Now so every time someone gets a cold it’s covid ? If you’re so sick and you can’t breathe. Stay home take your meds till you’re better. This A symptomatic stuff gotta stop.

33. I don’t like Tampa Tammy 🙂 He was suspended for cheating, he’s a con artist and as we found out recently – a crybaby 🙂
    ——————-

Never suspended for cheating. How is he a con artist? I think you run the TB crybaby corner. You need a hero.

34. ‘You want to be unvaccinated -go for it, no problem. Die at home. Someone a bit more intelligent needs that hospital bed.’

The CDC has stated that 3% of those who are vaccinated have adverse reactions and need medical attention. Meanwhile, less than 1% of people who become infected need medical attention. Simple math is why I choose to not take the jab.

35. Everyone will get Covid it does not care if you are vaccinated or not. Besides a lot of the Bucs including Brady have already gotten Covid plus the Bucs played both the Saints and Panthers recently who had serious outbreaks as of recently. Arians will be fine as will most people who get it. Plus, it’s the Jets not exactly some world beating opponent for the Bucs to climb over this week.

36. I like Bruce, he’s a dam good coach. I’m sure he’ll be ready to hit the sidelines on Sunday.

37. Why did they name a temporary HC? Everybody knows Brady is the HC, even when Arians is healthy.

38. No problem, can coach via Zoom or other remote “work from home” medium and receive some sort of cash compensation for it.

39. thurmanmerman99 says:
    December 28, 2021 at 6:31 pm

And look it’s conspiracy theory guy again.
    Tin foil hat is a little tight

40. At 69 and a cancer survivor, here’s hoping he’s okay. Good thing he’s vaccinated as that gives him a far better chance of avoiding a serious illness. Shame on the players who couldn’t be bothered to get vaccinated, and lied about it.

41. “Everyone will get Covid it does not care if you are vaccinated or not.” Such nonsense. “Arians will be fine as will most people who get it.” – I’m sure that’s a great comfort to the 810,000 Americans who died from it.

42. mstewart says:
    December 28, 2021 at 4:21 pm
    But, but, but he’s vaccinated.

——————

And as a result he has a better chance to recover, symptoms won’t be as severe as they might be if he were not vaccinated .

43. And the big mouth is vaccinated as is the vast majority of players in “protocol”. Yet, let’s focus on the few that are not, and keep up the hysteria. Just cancel the season, because the integrity of the game is ruined.