Minnesota Vikings v Detroit Lions
Getty Images

This offseason has been a lucrative one for wide receivers signing long-term contracts with new teams or extending their runs with their current teams and that’s not a development that’s likely to go unnoticed by wideouts who are in line for new deals of their own or will be in the near future.

Vikings wideout Justin Jefferson is headed into his third NFL season, which leaves him in the latter group for the time being. On Wednesday, the prospect of landing a deal like the ones that Davante Adams, Stefon Diggs, and Tyreek Hill have signed was posed to Jefferson when he spoke to reporters at the team facility.

“That comes with the process,” Jefferson said, via Dane Mizutani of the Pioneer Press. “I’m really just focused on what I can do right now leading the team, being a captain of the team, and going out there and performing the best I can. That’s all I can do at this point.”

Jefferson didn’t name specific individual goals for the 2022 season, but said that he is “planning on keeping on going up” from his first two years. He posted 196 catches for 3,016 yards and 17 touchdowns in those campaigns, so anything bigger is going to set the stage for quite the contract.

18 responses to “Justin Jefferson: Contract comes with the process, I’m focused on what I can do right now

1. ariani1985 says:
    April 14, 2022 at 7:51 am
    Never forget the packers passed on JJ for Jordan love..let that sink in!

——————————-

I like the Vikings as much as the next guy, but this statement is ridiculous. JJ was drafted at #22 and Love at #26.

Let’s be honest here.

2. Dude hasn’t even played his 3rd year yet and people are harping about his contract

3. skoldaddy2020 says:
    April 14, 2022 at 10:01 am
    ariani1985 says:
    April 14, 2022 at 7:51 am
    Never forget the packers passed on JJ for Jordan love..let that sink in!

——————————-

Let’s be honest here.
    ______________
    Packers traded up to get Love @ #26, coming off a season where they just fell short in the NFC Championship game. If they were willing to trade up to 26 for a QB to sit on the bench, they should’ve been willing to trade up to get a STUD WR to get them over the top.

4. One thing’s for sure, you won’t have both Justin Jefferson and Kirk Cousins on the team in two years. All you Cousins Crusaders better come to grips with that fact.

And don’t be surprised if the Vikings take a wide receiver at 12 in a couple weeks.

5. chillyball says:
    April 14, 2022 at 10:59 am
    Please don’t waste JJ’s career in Minny.
    ——————————-
    He will win more playoff games in MN than Davante Adams won in GB

6. iliketurtles says:
    April 14, 2022 at 10:02 am
    Dude hasn’t even played his 3rd year yet and people are harping about his contract.

——————
    And rightly so, a guy like JJ well you don’t wait till the last year or the last minute to get a deal done. He has proven himself and I’d rather the Vikes get it done sooner rather than later. He’ll like get an extension after this season.

7. The cap will be 40% more by the time he gets a new contract — no worries there. Hey, better than scraping the barrel for Sammy “I’m an alien” Watkins. . . . .

8. JJ is probably waiting to see if the Vikings get a real QB before he commits. Smart move on his part.

9. nathanp2013 says:
    April 14, 2022 at 11:57 am
    He will win more playoff games in MN than Davante Adams won in GB
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I believe Adams has participated in at least six postseason Packer victories. Jefferson had better get started, considering he has zero.