Odell Beckham Jr. “reports” Deebo Samuel to Patriots

Los Angeles Rams Super Bowl LVI Victory Parade & Rally
Getty Images

In what could be the biggest temporary foray into NFL transactional reporting since Rob Lowe tried to retire Peyton Manning a decade ago, free-agent receiver Odell Beckham Jr. claims that 49ers receiver Deebo Samuel is being traded to the Patriots.

“Breakinnnngg NEWSSS @19problemz to the @Patriots WTFFFFFFFFFFFF,” Beckham tweeted, including Samuel’s Twitter handle.

The tweet came a day after Beckham tweeted that he “just gotttt the teaaaaa from” Samuel, “Should I spill?”

Multiple reporters are shooting it down. And here’s the reality. The Patriots routinely make it clear to all involved that it anything gets out regarding any potential move before they’re ready to announce it, they’ll pull the plug.

The real news here is that Beckham has decided to moonlight as a reporter. He apparently will be starting off, based on the responses to his claim, with a batting average of 0-for-1. Unless he doesn’t.

72 responses to “Odell Beckham Jr. “reports” Deebo Samuel to Patriots

1. If I don’t hear it from the Pats or someone like Mike Reiss or Tom Curran, I DO NOT trust it!

2. I’d predicted this before because BB met with him personally in 2019 putting him through the “tests” watching tape, etc, and when he left he said “see you soon, Bill”.

What happened between that and draft day, I am not too sure, so it was odd they picked Harry over Samuel.

Word is, Caserio was the guy on Harry which is a big reason they wanted to move on from Caserio, not that it wasn’t inevtiable.

3. With the low offers the niners received I would be surprised if belichick made them a fair offer and they took it.

4. Wait!

5. OBJ has about as much credibility as many other sport reporters currently out there.
    Some have a biased axe to grind, while others are just overly opinionated to give a fair and balanced perspective.
    It seems like almost everyone wants to throw as much garbage against the wall in the hopes that something finally sticks.
    Thanks for the scoop, Odell.

6. touchback6 says:

April 30, 2022 at 7:28 pm

———
    Lol I love how everything that has ever happened bad to the Patriots you retroactively say BB had no part in after calling the moves a stroke of genius by him at the time. For a coach/gm in control of the organization who you continually give ALL the credit for like hes in complete control it’s amazing you can never give him blame but so is the life of trollback6 I guess.

7. This might be OBJ’s way of killing the deal so his buddy Landry lands the job.

8. Congratulations OBJ. You are now case #1 for the new Ministry of Dissinformation!

9. “Anyone publicly patting themselves on the back to justify another dumb trade up move in a non-trade up draft, especially for teams that need to get in-house talent due to cap hells raging, are clearly insecure.”

————

Remember this? Lol

10. Great scoop OBJ! Now can you give the winning numbers for tonites power ball?!?…..but just me!

11. Is his dad making a video of all the bad throws Jimmy G sent Debo’s way?

12. OBJ has about as much credibility as chris moronson
    the next next time moronson breaks a story correctly
    it will be the 1rst

13. Here’s the thing most people need to realize. Niners don’t want to move on from him. He’s a unique weapon but it’s also due to how Shanahan designs plays for him. He would not as good with a play caller who does not have the chops of Shanahan.
    That’s why outside organizations are not willing to part with many picks and it’s also the reason why Niners are not willing to move on from him unless they are blown away.
    Don’t expect Belichick to make an offer and don’t expect Shanahan to take it unless it’s a kings ransom.

14. If he has the cap space the move makes sense to me.
    Belichek has always loved multipurpose players, giving him another tool in game planing. A true misdirection in how he lines up.
    His boss has made it clear he wants some playoff wins. Means he is prepared to spend some money.

15. Beckham is telling the truth on this one.

16. This is OBJ’s only problem: He’s thirsty for attention. It isn’t his news to “break”. In the future, if players want to keep things close to the vest” it would be wise to not tell him anything. Although it’s possible that his agent heard some chatter and said something to him. Regardless, it’s still not his business.

17. Another example of free speech in America. It’s not always going to be right, but at least it’s free.

18. Doubtful besides I don’t care about more offensive weapons right now. Bills crushed the Patriots defense to a historical blowout. Should be focused on pass rushing or secondary help.

19. OBJ has been joking around with Deebo publicly for days… This isn’t news. It’s two dudes messing around. But if you need any more reasons to disregard this… Take these into account: For one, BB has been too busy blowing the draft to make any blockbuster trades. The Pats are also in a “raging cap hell” and wouldn’t be able to pay the man anyways, exemplified by the exodus of much of the all ready meager talent they had on the roster. But most importantly, with that quarterback’s glaring weaknesses, the Pats wouldn’t be able to use him appropriately anyways. I’m certain he wouldn’t agree to go to NE.

20. Kyle Shanahan must be out of the loop. He said he hadn’t talked to Deebo in a couple weeks. Imagine how ticked off he’s going to be Monday morning when he finds out.

21. “Before his next report he will have to adjust his $5,000 watch, like he did before he ran routes with the Browns.”

$5k watch? Dude, $500k. You can’t buy Richard Mille’s at Zales.

22. billsarethefuture says:
    April 30, 2022 at 8:52 pm

45Rate This
    —————

Umm, the Pats have 102 million in cap space next year, good for 3rd or 4th in the entire league.

Do you ever get anything correct? Like, ever?

Just once?

lol

23. Jimmypinthe416 says:
    April 30, 2022 at 8:08 pm

————

Remember this? Lol

137Rate This

—————–

Yeah, I do. It’s very dumb to have traded UP in ROUND in this draft since your best value comes with the plethora of good talent from 2-4.

I remember it very well and it’s the correct analysis for everyone who went to college.

LOL is right.

24. Sunday Swami says:
    April 30, 2022 at 7:49 pm
    touchback6 says:

April 30, 2022 at 7:28 pm

———

5710Rate This

———————

False. BB is the GM and is still held accountable for final decision making. I am just saying, he has deferred to scouts or underlings before and got burned.

Last year, Matt Groh helped run the draft for example. People probably thought it was Zeigler and/or Elliot Wolf and it wasn’t.

Some of us know people inside the organization. I don’t care if you don’t believe the info or not. BB holds responsibility for any good move or bad move. Missing on Harry, but hitting on Meyers. One bad, one good.

With 6 SB rings, he clearly hits a lot more than he misses.

Only in your world is it normal to mock greatness. It’s creepy.

I can smell the fear from here, though. Your team’s draft blows because ya didn’t have one this year. LOL

25. Do you ever get anything correct? Like, ever?

Just once?

lol
    _____________________
    LOL!!!!

YOU, of all people come up with this gem?

26. Some of us know people inside the organization.
    ____________________
    LOL!!!

Then you should’ve known who they were going to choose with each pick. But you didn’t. Give me a break, dude.

27. How much is Deebo going to murder OBJ if he’s the reason this deal gets killed? This has to be complete BS. Even OBJ knows you don’t do that with the Patriots and another player’s deal.

28. bawlzich says:
    April 30, 2022 at 9:35 pm
    Some of us know people inside the organization.
    ____________________
    LOL!!!

00Rate This

—————-

Of course not. There’s stuff the happens, and then after the fact, you hear details about why or why something didn’t happen.

It’s not like those of us who have family who have long worked for the team get blow by blows or whatnot, but some stuff kind of trickles through or you can sort of deduce things.

For example, Mike Lombardi while working at NFLN from like 2009-2012 would drop hints on NFLN about anything NE related. I already knew he was working as a consultant with BB. It wasn’t announced or anything. But, no one else really knew this that I know.

So, when he’d drop the hints I took it as a real thing because I knew he was actually working as a consultant/sounding board for BB. He’d literally tip his hand all the time when talking about the Pats and I sort of cringed a bit.

No one will EVER know anything BB will eventually do or want to do, except for maybe like 3-4 people (if that) in the building. Maybe even less. Maybe no one until the last minute.

29. Touchback: How’s the Pat’s cap looking RIGHT NOW, not next year. Do you ever get anything correct? They are in as bad of cap shape as anybody in the league, and they have a mediocre roster, just had an utterly embarrassing draft, and are quickly fading in the AFC East, even if you ignore the Bills. That cap space NEXT YEAR will be vital when BB decides he covets another couple middling TE’s and some “lunch pail” OL’s who are replacing the starters he’s purged. “Lol”

30. bawlzich says:
    April 30, 2022 at 9:30 pm
    Do you ever get anything correct? Like, ever?

Just once?

lol
    _____________________
    LOL!!!!

YOU, of all people come up with this gem?

23Rate This
    ——————-

You know how many times I’ve been right? lol

What exactly am I always wrong about? Just curious. I am actually eagerly awaiting your list.

Your jealousy of such a minor thing is creepy. Honestly. All you do is follow me around here and you add absolutely no football knowledge whatsoever. The jealousy of my knowledge of the sport is hilarious. Why would you be jealous of a stranger’s football knowledge anyway? Try learning from others as opposed to mocking people who are more intelligent than you. I don’t mock Elon Musk (insert uber intelligent person’s name here) or people who are way more intelligent than I am.

What team do you root for? That might explain things with you.

31. olskool711 says:
    April 30, 2022 at 7:34 pm
    Wait!

Yeah bro, that was a $70K+ Richard Millie watch.

32. When Samuel takes the field for Belichick this Fall, the Bills will very quickly go back to being the Patriot’s snot-nosed little brother-

Bro. The punter the bills drafted would be new England’s best offensive player. And Debo would not make NE that much better .

33. This just in. Browns cut Mayfield and Dallas signs as their backup. Jimmy G retires and buys 27 Subway franchises. Deebo traded to Browns for 3 1st round picks starting in 2025. Film at eleven..

34. billsarethefuture says:
    April 30, 2022 at 9:53 pm

00Rate This

——————-

It’s all about the guaranteed money and what NE would give up. I am not saying I believe the story, just that it wouldn’t surprise me since BB really liked this guy. He does that stuff all the time. Even if he doesn’t draft a guy, if he watches film with you 1:1, that’s not common. It means he likes you. They could easily tease it with a raise this year for him and then just build in his guarantees, guarantees that SF is clearly not willing to give him. That’s the point.

We just read, teams came in with soft offers. If BB likes him enough, they have PLENTY of cap space NEXT YEAR and beyond because they don’t have a QB who makes 40 mil per. This is the part you are missing. So many teams have cap issues because of QBs who make too much.

This is the part where people like you need to be reminded BB zigs while the rest of the league stupidly zags and copies one another. If you’re doing the opposite than everyone else, you own the market. Get it?

The reason why you are all defensive and there are so many people whipping in here, is fear.

If Samuel landed in NE, they’d be loaded beyond belief on offense, with arguably the best offense in football, at least on paper. That scares you, as it should. Your team has ZERO SB rings and acts like it is a the defending SB champ right now. Bad combo.

You people in Buffalo have no idea what you’re talking about because you never saw how it is actually done before. You cheer when your GM overpays a bunch of people all at once like KC just did. Why would you want that to happen?

You used to be the loveable losers. Now, you’re just the annoying little brother who is entitled and obnoxious who may never get the girl.

35. I don’t know how old you are, but you have a lot to learn with life, business and just using critical thinking skills.
    ____________________
    LOL!!!!

I’m an old man. A geezer. I’m probably twice your age or close to it. I’m retired now after putting in my 45 years.

I don’t feel the need to tell tall tales about myself in order to feel good about myself. I’m way past things like that. You could use some work in that area. Knowing someone who cooks the hot dogs in the concession stands doesn’t count as having inside information

36. touchback6 says:
    April 30, 2022 at 9:19 pm
    Jimmypinthe416 says:
    April 30, 2022 at 8:08 pm

————

Remember this? Lol

137Rate This

—————–

LOL is right.

———

Read it again. It’s comical. I love it. Lmao.

37. Whether or not it’s true, Beckham is out of line commenting on it. If it’s false, he’s spreading lies, and if it’s true, he’s risking sabotaging another player’s deal. Even if it’s a done deal, it’s not his place to announce it.

So just add it to the long list of SMH moments for a player who’s never been worth the hype. Wasted two teams’ time and money and then bandwagoned his way to a Super Bowl he couldn’t even finish.

38. billsfan716 says:
    April 30, 2022 at 10:04 pm

===

Punters aren’t offensive players.

39. The jealousy of my knowledge of the sport is hilarious.
    ________________
    LOL!!!

Really man, you need help for your NPD. I grew up around someone like you. It doesn’t end well.

40. I’m sure the 49ers will gladly trade Deebo to the Pats , as long as they take back Garappolo as well.

41. bawlzich says:
    April 30, 2022 at 10:25 pm
    The jealousy of my knowledge of the sport is hilarious.
    ________________
    LOL!!!

——————

Oh my.

Hint: Mocking people is a sign of insecurity or feeling inadequate.

I know A LOT of people like you. They didn’t just grow up outside of a basement where you’re at right now.

Lots of Bills fans feeling insecure these days.

42. Jimmypinthe416 says:
    April 30, 2022 at 10:21 pm
    touchback6 says:
    April 30, 2022 at 9:19 pm
    Jimmypinthe416 says:
    April 30, 2022 at 8:08 pm

————

Remember this? Lol

137Rate This

—————–

LOL is right.

———

Read it again. It’s comical. I love it. Lmao.

21Rate This

——————

Smart teams traded back in Rd 1 yesterday, not up. This is the 2009 draft. There were very few projected All Pro players in Rd 1.

This is why NE, Tenn and Balt, Minny, etc, all made very wise moves in Rd 1 to trade back, to control the board with extra picks in Rds2-4.

How this is hard to grasp is hilarious.

The jealousy is something. Mitch Trubisky and some guy from Pitt with Mike Tomlin. Will be a hoot!

43. bawlzich says:
    April 30, 2022 at 10:18 pm
    ____________________
    LOL!!!!

31Rate This

—————-

“I’m an old man. A geezer. I’m probably twice your age or close to it.”

All makes sense now.

44. The Patriots had a shot at Deebo Samuel in the 2019 draft. They passed on him and A.J. Brown, Mecole Hardman, D.K. Metcalf and Dontae Johnson, all Pro Bowlers, to take one of the league’s all-time draft busts, N’Keal Harry. You’re the GOAT, coach, but the Harry pick is a significant skid mark on your otherwise glittering resume.

45. Yeah, as if Pats would be the team to give Deebo the mega-contract he’s looking for

46. The hoodie knows that would be a wasted trade seeing as his present QB has a noodle arm.