Trent Brown at LT, Isaiah Wynn at RT seems like a permanent thing for Patriots

New England Patriots Practice
Getty Images

When Patriots left tackle Isaiah Wynn opted to stay away from voluntary offseason workouts, the team put Trent Brown at left tackle. When Wynn showed up for the mandatory minicamp, he landed on the right side.

In training camp, the roles remain the same. As noted by Mike Reiss of ESPN.com, the move has “more of a permanent feeling.”

“It’s feeling like home,” Brown recently said, per Reiss.

In his fifth-year option, Wynn has a guaranteed salary of $10.413 million in 2022. Brown, who signed a two-year deal with the Patriots earlier this year, will make base pay of $13 million through 2023. He also has plenty of money tied to consistently keeping his weight under 365 pounds.

26 responses to “Trent Brown at LT, Isaiah Wynn at RT seems like a permanent thing for Patriots

1. Trent or Parker with more weeks missed to injury in 2022 would be a good prop bet.

2. Wynn has shorter arms than you’d want for a Tackle or a left Tackle. He should have been moved to Guard in 2019 or to RT last year.

Browm is a LT in NE and Wynn will likely look better on the strong side favoring his strong run blocking skills.

He and Onwenu should be good at opening holes all year on that side.

NEs OLine is very good. Cole Strange is already impressing and has from Day 1 as a Mankins/Thuney type immediate plug and play.

NE’s offense as a whole is balanced and deep.

3. Trent Brown will shut down Von Miller and you will not hear his name.

4. New England team – meh… nothing to get excited about. Belichick continues to prove he never had anything.
    They’ll finish 3rd or 2nd if they are extremely lucky.

5. Trent Brown thrives at LT. He made the Pro Bowl with Oakland in 2019. As long as he can stay healthy and not eat his way out of the league. I’d still like to see them trade Wynn if they could get something decent. He’s not worth 10 mil. I’d take my chances with Herron or Cajuste. This offense will be good. The D…who knows

6. bobhk says:
    July 31, 2022 at 3:46 pm
    They’ll finish 3rd or 2nd if they are extremely lucky.

01Rate This
    ——————

Yet they led the division heading into December with a rookie qb and new bodies everywhere.They’re actually loaded on offense and have top 5 units across the board.

lol

Why would everyone get worse all at once when BB is the coach?

Wishful thinking analysis by haters for hopes of what you want being true, when it just isn’t or outright misinformation is not going to fool intelligent people.

7. Jimmypinthe416 says:
    July 31, 2022 at 2:50 pm
    This stuff can’t be made up!!! It just can’t!! LOL

What can’t be “made up “ what’s “LOL” about saying a guy is better at left tackle?

You use “LOL” for than my 14 year old sister! Creeper!!
    You’re a grown man!!!

8. Cole Strange is already impressing
    ——
    No pads or contact = not football

That starts this week so let’s see what he does.

9. ladyjet says:
    July 31, 2022 at 3:54 pm
    It is definitely balanced. Subpar talent at every position. LOL

1420Rate This
    —————

You’re a Jets fan. Your team has the least amount of talent in the NFL and drafted 2 busts in Rd1 last year, one being your qb who was dead last in almost every single category.

In what world does a Jets fan make such comments?

Also, your head coach blows and is in way over his head.

10. flash1224 says:
    July 31, 2022 at 4:41 pm
    Jimmypinthe416 says:
    July 31, 2022 at 2:50 pm
    This stuff can’t be made up!!! It just can’t!! LOL

You use “LOL” for than my 14 year old sister! Creeper!!
    You’re a grown man!!!

———-

11. If the pats have a top 5 qb and a top 5 receiving corps, please call me. I have a bridge for sale.

12. touchback6 says:
    July 31, 2022 at 2:14 pm

——-

Another BB 1st round whiff

13. You use “LOL” for than my 14 year old sister! Creeper!!
    You’re a grown man!!!

————

Are you sure he’s a grown man? He is a Canadian, 416 is Toronto, maybe that’s the issue

14. If you read a comment in the previous articles, someone posted that taking a right tackle in the first round is the biggest waste. Especially taking him at left then moving him to right tackle. As usual, it came back to bite him again. So I laughed. And let’s not talk about creepiness tommy fan club. You’re a grown man.

You know your previous comment was dumb if you have to write a paragraph to explain it. Creeper!!

Oh did you “LOL” at your own comment again??

15. Ya know, I’ve been really inconsiderate – I realized that I never congratulated the NE fanbase for the few weeks they led the division in December last year.

Since the glory days are long past for the Pats, I get how big of a deal that is. I’m not sure if it’s quite banner-worthy, but it’s an accomplishment nonetheless. That must have been an awesome 17 days or so….

16. Jimmypinthe416 says:
    July 31, 2022 at 6:30 pm
    flash1224 says:
    July 31, 2022 at 4:41 pm
    Jimmypinthe416 says:
    July 31, 2022 at 2:50 pm
    This stuff can’t be made up!!! It just can’t!! LOL

You use “LOL” for than my 14 year old sister! Creeper!!
    You’re a grown man!!!

———-

26Rate This

—————-

Wait, who said this?

17. billsrthefuture says:
    July 31, 2022 at 7:19 pm

….

18. “Some people remember your posts. Especially last year after the Bills lost to the Jags. I know you remember too. You had given up on the division.”
    __________________

Not a chance. For starters, there is another poster w/ the same name as me (slightly different spelling). I was disgusted after the wind game, but still 100% believed.

After the Jags game? I hardly cared about that. That happens in a season.

Sorry.

19. That must have been an awesome 17 days or so….

Were you guys jumping through tables then…oh no .what just happened?

20. “But not quite as awesome as when there was 13 seconds left in a game and you and the rest of the Bills fans thought was over!

Were you guys jumping through tables then…oh no .what just happened?”
    ___________________

I don’t jump through tables. I’d hurt myself.

But yeah – I thought we had it for sure. I was going bananas. That disappeared QUICK.

21. I thought we had it for sure.

Yeah, so did I… oh well always a new season.

22. cancerman2020 says:
    July 31, 2022 at 7:06 pm
    You use “LOL” for than my 14 year old sister! Creeper!!
    You’re a grown man!!!

————

———

Congrats for figuring this out. You’re the first

23. There is no difference in Arm Length desired for a Right vs Left Tackle.

This is made up BS.

Wynn has been a bust and they’re minimizing his damage by putting him on the Right. It’s not because of any desirable trait of any kind.

He’s a subpar Bust.