J.C. Jackson: I can make more turnovers playing with Joey Bosa and Khalil Mack

LA Chargers training camp at Jack R. Hammett Sports Complex
Getty Images

The Chargers signed cornerback J.C. Jackson early on in free agency, providing a significant boost to a defensive unit that needed one.

Los Angeles also made a splash move by acquiring edge rusher Khalil Mack from the Bears.

As the saying goes, rush and cover go hand in hand, so Jackson and Mack should benefit one another.

Jackson told reporters on Friday that he’s looking forward to playing with a pass rush that features both Mack and Joey Bosa.

“I’ve never played with a pass rush like that,” Jackson said, via Lindsey Thiry of ESPN. “I believe I can make more turnovers having those two guys going at the quarterback.”

Jackson has displayed a clear nose for the football over his first four seasons with New England. He leads the league with 25 interceptions since he entered the league in 2018. He recorded nine in 2020 and eight in 2021 with a league-leading 23 passes defensed.

The Chargers finished 23rd in total defense, 29th in points allowed, and 32nd in third-down defense last season. With players like Jackson and Mack now on the squad, those rankings should significantly improve in 2022.

16 responses to “J.C. Jackson: I can make more turnovers playing with Joey Bosa and Khalil Mack

1. He’s gonna freelance. LOL

Sorry, LA, you’re going to have a guy taking risks and going out of his lane, and he’ll look worse in LA than he did in NE at 17 mil per.

Rinse and repeat.

2. Herbert will throw for 500 yards against the Cheats horrible secondary.

3. Bosa will miss his usual 3-5 games, and Mack will miss a couple and be ‘limited’ in 4-5 others. Staley will gag up a couple of winnable games with his ‘look at me I’m a risk taker’ fourth down calls. The Chargers will be your last place AFC West finisher.

4. I know I used to tell you how amazing this guy was when he played for BB.

But disregard that now.

5. This is the Chargers. Somehow I don’t think he’ll be as impactful as he was with NE. Not a Patriots fan, but until the Chargers prove otherwise they’re still the Chargers.

6. touchback6 says:
    August 5, 2022 at 6:26 pm
    I know I used to tell you how amazing this guy was when he played for BB.

But disregard that now.

——-

Yeah. Foot in mouth disease is real

7. phobos57 says:
    August 5, 2022 at 6:34 pm

153Rate This

—————-

The troll above you thinks the bozo head coach of the Chargers is on BBs level as a coach.

It can’t be made up. It just can’t.

8. Jimmypinthe416 says:
    August 5, 2022 at 7:50 pm
    touchback6 says:
    August 5, 2022 at 6:26 pm
    I know I used to tell you how amazing this guy was when he played for BB.

But disregard that now.

——-

Yeah. Foot in mouth disease is real

11Rate This

——————

Yea, the Chargers coach is on BBs level. Go ahead and get your straitjacket fitted .

The low IQ problem in this country with comprehension and critical thinking skills fading by the day, is just unreal.

9. r502 says:
    August 5, 2022 at 6:21 pm

1418Rate This

—————

Not true. We were just told by a jealous Buffalo troll who has never seen a SB winner and a jealous Steelers fan bozo, as BB made Gilmore better and into the DPOY with a ring. that Staley is on BB’s level as a coach.

True story.

Staley = BB

10. religionisforidiots says:
    August 5, 2022 at 6:10 pm
    Herbert will throw for 500 yards against the Cheats horrible secondary.

————-

Even though they don’t play this year and NE dismantled Herbert 2 years in a row.

See above for explanations as to the dumbing down of America.

My goodness this thread has some low IQ display on it.

Foot fungus in the mouth exists here, folks. bawahaa

11. Charger fans and the media always seem to think the team is on the rise. Every year is the year they will surprise everyone. Been hearing that BS since 2005….same Chargers, same results. Jackson will not be the same as he was in NE. System player. He will get burned in AFC West. Bank it.

12. You might think I’m acting a little too upset on a simple JC Jackson post. With seven responses on a 12 comment post. Almost as if I’m watching the pretend world I know collapse around me because Tom Brady is not around to save my mediocre coach.

Don’t focus on this hand, look over here at the other hand.

13. touchback6 says:
    August 5, 2022 at 5:00 pm
    He’s gonna freelance. LOL

Rinse and repeat.

——————————

Graanted the picks involve taking risks.. but I thought his decision making on when to take thosse risks seemed pretty high percentage good calls, and that might be one of the reasons hes getting paid. He also has a point that a strong pass rush will benefit him. Its kind of a kniwn football fact that pass rush help secondary and vice versa so Im not sure why his point brings so much argument. Granted we know nothing good or bad until they play the games, but as far as building up where they were weak before the Chargers have made what look like good moves.

14. Man I’m glad New England has a mediocre coach, as stated in this thread. With 08 Super Bowl rings as a coach that’s the kind of mediocrity I’d like to see more of…