Buffalo Bills v Jacksonville Jaguars
Getty Images

The Bills have gotten their roster to 53 players with, as all teams now have. (Even if plenty still haven’t announced their transactions.)

The most significant move is that cornerback Tre'Davious White has been placed on the reserve/physically unable to perform list. He’ll miss at least the first four weeks of the season. White suffered a torn ACL on Thanksgiving night against the Saints.

The Bills also released the following players: quarterback Matt Barkley, offensive lineman Greg Mancz, offensive lineman Luke Tenuta, offensive lineman Alec Anderson, running back Raheem Blackshear, running back Duke Johnson, receiver Tanner Gentry, receiver Isaiah Hodgins, tight end O.J. Howard, defensive end Mike Love, defensive end Kingsley Jonathan, defensive tackle Brandin Bryant, defensive tackle Prince Emili, defensive tackle C.J. Brewer, linebacker Joe Giles-Harris, defensive back Nick McCloud, and defensive back Ja'Marcus Ingram.

Defensive tackle Eli Ankou was released with an injury settlement, and linebacker Andre Smith was place on the reserve/suspended list.

The release of Matt Barkley leaves the Bills with two quarterbacks on the active roster — Josh Allen and Case Keenum.

28 responses to “Bills place cornerback Tre’Davious White on reserve/PUP list as part of effort to get to 53

1. Dang was hoping he’s ready – luckily we have one of the deepest rosters and our CB’s have been tested by one of the better WR groups in the leaguer daily.

Next man up- we don’t use excuses

2. I bet Blackshear and McCloud get claimed, and that Hodgins and Johnson sign with other teams.

3. Honestly hard to take this guy seriously as if we ever did, but still. Man gonna be a long year for him. Good luck on those sales numbers though.

4. touchback6 says:
    August 30, 2022 at 4:55 pm
    Look at all these cuts.

CAP HELL!

———

Do you not realize that every team needs to get down to a 53 man roster?

5. nhpats2011 says:
    August 30, 2022 at 5:07 pm
    touchback6 says:
    August 30, 2022 at 4:55 pm
    Look at all these cuts.

CAP HELL!

Lol-touchback you should focus on your Pats-

6. nhpats2011 says:
    August 30, 2022 at 5:07 pm
    touchback6 says:
    August 30, 2022 at 4:55 pm
    Look at all these cuts.

CAP HELL!

———

Do you not realize that every team needs to get down to a 53 man roster?

——

He’s not a pats fan. I wouldn’t worry. All pats fans I know are actually very intelligent and know their football. They also tell it like it is.

7. They’re facing some good pass offenses that 1st month – I hope the young guys are equal to the task. Dane Jackson looks good every time I’ve seen him play.

I’m glad that they don’t seem to be rushing Tre. More important to have him healthy later in the season.

8. I am laughing at those who lack critical thinking skills not knowing the dumb troll/impostor person is not me. Then I see WHO is being taken for a ride and I know who they voted for, too. lmao

The impostor/troll is a fan of a team that lost 4 straight Super Bowls, which would be impossible to do, but they did it.

9. It’s impossible to lose 4 Super Bowls? The Patriots have. Seems reasonable to do.

10. billsrthefuture says:
    August 30, 2022 at 5:48 pm

00Rate This

————————-

NE lost 4 SBs in a row? Wow! We’ve got a revisionist historian on our hands, folks!

11. touchback6 says:
    August 30, 2022 at 5:39 pm

————-

Of course it’s me! I comment on EVERY Bills post within minutes of it appearing because I literally have nothing better to do than to hit refresh on this website over and over and over again.

I also cry CAP HELL every chance I get, even though the patriots are literally there right now. With a $72 million cap hit to mediocre receivers and tight ends BB had to overpay because players avoid New England with Brady now gone. Number two on that list is Jacksonville with a $53M hit.

How do you spend that much money on that position group and still somehow not have a single player the other team has to game plan for? BB the GM deciding Agholar, Jonnu Smith, and Hunter Henry were worth that money is how.

GENIUS though!

12. Hopefully he is back just in time for the Patriots to sweep the Bills in the regular season. I don’t want to hear any excuses.

13. “In a row?”

What’s the difference?

Oh, I know – it’s always “different” in New England. Like when cuts are “busts” and “cap hell” for Buffalo, but they’re shrewd moves for BB….

14. touchback6 says:
    August 30, 2022 at 5:39 pm

————

For a guy that says he’s so smart, you would think he’d know by my username that I can’t vote there.

15. Jimmypinthe416 says:
    August 30, 2022 at 6:15 pm
    touchback6 says:
    August 30, 2022 at 5:39 pm

————

20Rate This

—————

I was talking more about backwoods NHPats. Thank you.

The guy is not the brightest bulb in the shed.

16. Love the love Touchback.
    Was there a Pats SB won without a scandal of cheating?
    This year will be so humiliating for NE.

17. billsrthefuture says:
    August 30, 2022 at 6:14 pm
    “In a row?”

What’s the difference?

41Rate This

——————

Another Einstein. 6/11 is better than 0/4. Get it, Mr Math?

No team has lost mutliple SBs in a row other than your team and the crappy SB performing Broncos of the 1980s..

Toodles!

18. Also the same guy that brags about things no one cares about and is a classic look at me blow hard. He has more traits of the Millenials he berates than he can even recognize. It’s comical. Only the insecure have to make their point putting down others do aggressively. Blow hard look at me persona. We know the insecure type

19. Notice how when the Pats play poorly that T6 disappears for a short while? Then he comes back all arrogant and bombastic as if nothing ever happened…. It now looks as thought the poor kid is losing it and showing signs of multiple personalities!

20. bawlzich says:
    August 30, 2022 at 7:24 pm
    touchback will be fleeing to Tampa by Week 4.

—-

Nah…..since Brady chose Gisele over him he hates Tom Brady. He’s fixated on BB and thinks he can do no wrong. This despite the tailspin the Pats have been in since Brady fled.

21. Keene and Asiasi, both 3rd rd picks gone. From the same draft!!! Lol!! No:1 draft pick…..gone!!! BB doesn’t know how to draft. Beane is a master. Kraft should pay Beane to teach him. Looooooong hard season coming for Pats.

22. patsfan4lifedynasty says:
    August 30, 2022 at 6:12 pm
    ________________________________________________________________
    I hope the Patriots put up a better fight than they did in the Playoffs.

23. I question the decision to keep Stevenson ahead of just about everybody. Stevenson has bad hands, questionable decision-making capabilities, and a tendency to ha e been injured a lot. Hodgins at least can catch. Same with Gentry and Pau’u.

I had also been reading that Mancz outplayed both Hart and Van Roten this summer. I suppose Hart offers Tackle experience, but it isn’t good Tackle experience.