Panthers dominate Buccaneers in 21-3 victory

Tampa Bay Buccaneers v Carolina Panthers
Getty Images

The Buccaneers’ loss to the Steelers in Week Six was the biggest upset of the 2022 season, but that reign didn’t last long.

Oddsmakers installed the Bucs as 13-point favorites over the Panthers this week and Tampa once again found themselves on the losing side of a stunning result. The Panthers ran the ball at will for much of the afternoon and their defense completely overwhelmed the Buccaneers offense in a 21-3 home win.

D'Onta Foreman ran 15 times for 118 yards and Chuba Hubbard had nine carries for 63 yards and a touchdown as the Panthers run game posted its biggest game of the season. That was not what many people predicted would happen once they traded Christian McCaffrey to the 49ers on Friday, but the point spread already established that everyone was way off on what would happen in Charlotte on Sunday.

P.J. Walker was 16-of-22 for 177 yards and two touchdowns, which should give him a shot of holding onto the job even if Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold are cleared to return from ankle injuries against the Falcons next Sunday. The Panthers moved to 2-5 on Sunday and beating the Falcons would keep them in the mix for the NFC South lead.

The fact that a team that’s fired its head coach and traded its best player is in that position underscores how little is working for the Buccaneers right now. Tom Brady was 32-of-49 for 290 yards, but the Bucs converted just 2-of-12 third downs and they failed to convert a couple of fourth down tries in the second half of the game.

Wide receiver Mike Evans was targeted 15 times and caught nine passes, although his day will be remembered for a drop in the first quarter that would have been one of the easiest touchdowns he’s ever scored. The run game only produced 46 yards and the Bucs generally look like a team that can’t do anything right offensively.

They’ll try to find a better path against the Ravens next weekend because more of the same is clearly a recipe for disaster in Tampa.

69 responses to “Panthers dominate Buccaneers in 21-3 victory

1. The Steelers crushed the souls of the Bucs. Their season is over. The Steel City strikes again!

2. Some will say Brady should have stayed retired. I say he shouldn’t have forced Arians into retirement.

3. The Panthers aren’t going anywhere this year for sure, but this also underlines what a monumental task Biasca accomplished with the raiders last year after the Gruden fallout.

4. A couple of things are going to happen:

1. Brady is going to cut some players.

2. Roger Goodell is going to meet with the officiating crew and demand to know why Tampa Bay lost.

5. This is why no other teams in the league wanted to hire Bowles as a Head Coach, plain and simple.

6. The score doesnt even reflect how bad a beatdown this was. LOVE to see Tommy lose again. Should have stayed retired imagine getting a divorce over this??

7. Remember when Peyton Manning fell apart? Same thing happening now.

Bucs are done.

8. You know, I’m glad Tom came down here to play and we got another Superbowl win with him. But this team is DONE. I have never seen a team less interested in winning. I think Brady’s terrible attitude this year is rubbing off on everyone else. Tom is getting a divorce from a supermodel over what will end up being a 6-11 season.

9. When you surrender your franchise to a 45 year old prima donna this is what you get.

10. Pittsburgh last week, Carolina this week….

But people want to tell me he single handedly won six Super Bowls…..

11. GOATs don’t get punked like Tommy did today.

The Tommy fan club can take that label and shove it where the sun don’t shine. 🙂

12. As a panthers fan if your defense gives up 21 points to the panthers you need to make some changes

13. jerrystrashcan says:
    October 23, 2022 at 4:15 pm
    The better team won.
    —-
    So did the better QB.

14. bawlzich says:
    October 23, 2022 at 4:19 pm
    flash?……flash?……where’s flash??

Wow!! I’m in you head just as much as Brady?
    That’s just sad….

15. Yandymannfl says:
    October 23, 2022 at 4:11 pm

Remember the “why doesn’t Todd Bowles get more HC consideration” chatter?
    ___________________

Show me the head coach who can win with Brady playing like that and I will show you a magician.

16. Bowles AND Leftwich has to GO… Both were made to LOOK successful by the success of Arians.. With Him step aside, Both Bowles and Leftwich have proven they are inept!

17. GoodellMustGo says:
    October 23, 2022 at 4:29 pm
    jerrystrashcan says:
    October 23, 2022 at 4:15 pm
    The better team won.
    —-
    So did the better QB.

So Heinicke is Better than Rogers?

18. Wow!! I’m in you head just as much as Brady?
    That’s just sad….
    _____________
    Hardcore Brady Fan Boys amuse me.

19. I think the fallout from Brady attending Bob Kraft’s wedding has cost him support in the locker room. And if the coach was okay with it then he too has lost a big chunk of the locker room.

20. I’m shocked…Tom Brady should have retired. He didn’t keep playing to lose back to back weeks to the two worst teams in thr NFL. Seems like a combo of players nit living up to the expectations and poor coaching/prep. Todd Bowles just doesn’t seem like he’s HC material.
    Nice job by Steve Wilkes and the Panthers, though. They aren’t giving up even though management is cleaning house.

21. Can they trade Bowles ? He’s gotta be worth a something – maybe a month old loaf of bread?

22. bawlzich says:
    October 23, 2022 at 4:42 pm
    Wow!! I’m in you head just as much as Brady?
    That’s just sad….
    _____________
    Hardcore Brady Fan Boys amuse me.

Oh no.. not the “fan boy” comment….

It’s not as amusing as the painfully obvious jealous fans.

See GMG and is 50 comments a day

23. footballer23 says:
    October 23, 2022 at 3:56 pm

Another Squealers troll on another thread that has NOTHING to do with the Squealers. Then again….if my team was as bad as the Squealers, I’d probably stay off my own team’s thread too.

24. This week’s line: Buccaneers (-11) at Panthers

I guess that’s why they play the games.

25. Too bad his line did not come down on the bench and spit, rant and rave on Tommy Boy.

26. It’s not as amusing as the painfully obvious jealous fans
    __________

27. nite2al says:
    October 23, 2022 at 4:34 pm
    Yandymannfl says:
    October 23, 2022 at 4:11 pm

Remember the “why doesn’t Todd Bowles get more HC consideration” chatter?
    ___________________

1913Rate This

—————

Bill Belichick.

SB53 comes to mind.

28. Who in their right mind would be jealous of the Patriots? They’re a last place team. As for your idol, nobody is jealous of a washed up quarterback who can only muster three points. It’s over, bud.

“Last place patriots “ 2 games out of first 1 game out of second with 11 games left oh no season over( he says with heavy sarcasm)

When you comment multiple times about a player or team that you are not a fan of it screams jealousy….

Deny deny deny all you want actions speak louder.

29. Who in their right mind would be jealous of the Patriots?

And who said anything about the Patriots ?
    This thread as nothing to do with the Patriots ..

My god.. so ME , Tom Brady AND the Patriots live RENT FREE in your head.

Again , sad….

30. All good things come to an end… marriages… championships… careers…. Sad to see, but hard to feel too sorry for Brady. He’ll always be rich, goood looking… be the GOAT and get any woman he wants, so eat your hearts out, jealous haters…. Yes, I, too, wish he would have stayed retired, but gotta do what you feel you gotta do…. C’est la vie….

31. They might not win another game this year. Fire everybody. Bolles is horrible and never changes his demeanor if they are winning by 50 or losing by 3 points. Love the dopey GM on the field like he’s on the team.

32. Bowles = Terrible HC
    Leftwich = Overrated
    Brady = Retired & Uninspired
    Season = LOSING

33. Patshaters, and I know you are many;

First of all – I want to thank you for the many laughs you have furnished me and my fellow pats fans over the years – there is no price on stupid, and for the most part your consistency has been heartwarming.

(I have noticed over the years that 99% of you don’t mention a team you root for. and I really can’t blame you.)

19 straight winning seasons, 11 straight AFC E. titles, 6 SB titles, etc.

Now in year #3 of the rebuild.

When next we meet – I’ll bring the cheese, you bring the whine.

34. The Bucs front seven looked awful against the Panthers, who hadn’t been able to block anyone the first six weeks. Little pressure on Walker on most plays and the run defense was exceptionally poor. And beyond the throw that Mike Evans dropped, the passing game has deteriorated to dink-and-dunk (only 5.9 yds. per attempt). At least the division is so weak that nine wins probably gets you a home playoff game.

35. Now AB is taunting Tommy on Twitter 😂😂😂

Tell it like it is AB! Run that smack all day baby!

36. My god.. so ME , Tom Brady AND the Patriots live RENT FREE in your head.

Again , sad….
    ___________

37. You Patriot fans are a riot. You’ve been gloating and bragging and getting in everyone’s faces for a long time, and now people are giving it back to you and you’re crying about it. Did you honestly think people were going to forget how obnoxious you people have been over the years? You’ve only just begun to get the amount of abuse you deserve. Had you shown even one ounce of humility, this might not happen.

Again, this thread has absolutely nothing to do with the Patriots not sure why you keep bringing them up

But based on the fact that you are I’ll assume you are a Bills or Dolphins fan but we don’t know because as the previous commenter said people like you usually do t say.
    If that’s the case (Bills or Dolphins) the animosity is understood…

And I’ll let you in on a secret… if the team you root for went on a run like the Patriots you and the fans of that team would act the same way you’re “crying “ about when it comes to “Patriots fans”

38. Had you shown even one ounce of humility, this might not happen.

——-

So you have become what you hate….excellent

39. And I’ll let you in on a secret…
    ____________
    I’ll let you in on a secret……if you’re going to dish it out, you have to be mature enough to take it as well. You never have. Learning how will help you through life.

40. bawlzich says:
    October 23, 2022 at 6:25 pm
    And I’ll let you in on a secret…
    ____________

—————

Absolutely the best post of the year! We all know they can’t take it.

41. Well,well,well ! Brady a loser …check. Russel Glass Wilson:” I’m playing till 50 and I drink nano water”. Loser, check. Aaron the arrogant Rogers loser, check. All old slow and not looking cool. The three Amigos I love to see lose. It would have been a perfect Sunday but little Russel just couldn’t risk looking done today.