Toronto Blue Jays v Boston Red Sox
Getty Images

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers said plenty on Tuesday’s edition of The Pat McAfee Show. One specific comment stands out.

“Do I still think I can play?” Rodgers said. “Of course. Of course. Can I play at a high level? Yeah, the highest. I think I can win MVP again, in the right situation.”

Many have reacted to that by asking why Rodgers is thinking about winning another MVP award, and not about winning another Super Bowl. Retired (for now) tight end Rob Gronkowski chimed in on the issue during a Wednesday appearance on FanDuel TV’s Up & Adams.

“I’m totally fine with everything he said, except one major part,” Gronkowski said. “And that’s the ‘MVP again.’ It’s just that I think ‘I could win another Super Bowl,’ and that would have been totally fine. Like, bro, like why are you thinking MVP? Like don’t you want Super Bowls? Like Super Bowls are I think five times greater than an MVP award.

“Like we all know that you won the MVP a few times now, but like, you know, everyone would know even more how many more Super Bowls you won than MVPs. So that’s why I’m just a little bit confused about that quote he just had. I mean, it should be Super Bowls. You should never be thinking the MVP when Super Bowls are twice . . . twice . . . better.”

134 responses to “Rob Gronkowski criticizes Aaron Rodgers for aspiring to win another MVP, not another Super Bowl

1. Nothing warms the heart more than a player who never won MVP being reported on by a sports journalist who also never won MVP criticizing a guy whose won MVP not once, but FOUR times. What it must be like to live on such a moral high ground.

2. If you read the whole quote, Rodgers said he wanted to win a championship. This is another case of media outlets cherry picking for hot takes instead of reacting to his entire interview.

3. Rodgers is following Brady’s lead. It’s all about ego and trying to show and tell people they are the main reason for success, when it’s clear that’s not true.

Brady could have used BB and McDaniels this year. The personnel and holes on TBs roster was astonishing compared to 2020. But, when you slide into a cap hell with an old team, that’s why you looked bad.

Enjoy, Tommy Boy. Enjoy your 60 mil per in GB, too, Erin.

4. Selfish people covet individual awards and recognition.
    ++++++
    So when Justin Jefferson keeps talking about he’s the best receiver in the NFL that’s selfish. Right?

5. Not defending Rogers but the question was asking if Rogers can specifically play at a high level. I think he was using MVP as the type of year that he can potentially have individually regarding his own level of play. No problem with that answer

6. Gronk make good point, gronk look good, make intelligent comment, gronk crush beer can on head, gronk eat steak.

7. I’m no Rodgers fan. He is selfish and has become toxic to that organization.

But in the context of the conversation, which was about Rodgers individual performance ability, he referenced an award that is given to recognize individual performance.

Much ado about nothing.

8. Tbh, hoomans need to be more selfish to become human. It works that way to prevent being abused.

9. “No one will ever accuse Gronkowski of being as smart as Rodgers”
    Dig a little below the surface and I don’t believe that is true

10. “More robotic clichè answers!”

No more complaints about the Russell Wilsons of the world reading from scripts then

11. The individual was asked if he could still play at a high level. The question was not about the Packers as a whole.
    Rodgers answered based on the context of the question. How anyone finds fault in his answer is someone looking for something not there. I can’t stand Rodgers and the Packers and I’m glad my team took them out but his answer was spot on correct.

12. Seems to me his comment spoke to his confidence in his own level of play, not what ultimately motivates him.

13. Jim Lahey – Trailer Park Supervisor says:
    January 18, 2023 at 1:45 pm
    I’m no Rodgers fan. He is selfish and has become toxic to that organization.

Much ado about nothing.

51Rate This
    ———————

I would imagine if you were a Packers fan, this has to do with EVERYTHING moving forward.

As long as Rodgers is there, GB is cooked.

14. Stop perpetuating this idea that Rodgers is a smart guy. Rodgers thinks he is much smarter than he is, that is about as far as it goes.

15. “You should never be thinking the MVP when Super Bowls are twice . . . twice . . . better.”

Gronk would know because he’s won so many MVPs.

16. Then immediately after his Aaron Rodgers rant, Gronk told everyone to make sure they invest in some crypto.

17. AR can only be concerned with getting another MVP because the Packers refuse to draft a WR in the 1st round for AR. Moreover (yes, moreover is actually used in the English language), the Packers OL is crap, the TEs suck, he has 1-2 WRs that are worth a damn, and the Packers defense couldn’t stop a strong fart.

18. Has there ever been a bigger bunch of chokings dogs in the playoffs than Aaron Rodgers and the Packers? Seems like they were always destined to meet Brady and the Patriots in the Super Bowl but it never happened thanks to them choking to the Giants a couple of times. You’d think Aaron Rodgers would be up in arms about only winning 1 Super Bowl with all that talent. Seems like he’s another Dan Marino, great stats, but never won much

19. Look at A-a-ron’s paycheck and you’ll see millions and millions of reasons why he is focused on the MVP awards. Right or wrong, Aaron Rodgers has always been more about the paycheck than the sport. That’s his prerogative. But, fans want something different from their sporting heroes.

20. I have no problem at all with what Rodgers said. None whatsoever.

I actually watched the interview. Sounds like not everyone did.

21. No one will ever accuse Gronkowski of being as smart as Rodgers. But Gronkowski is smart enough to spot the flaw in Rodgers’s remark. It should never be about MVP. That doesn’t matter.

—————

Rodgers is the biggest intellectual wannabe ever. He was far from an academic and appearances on celebrity jeopardy don’t really mean much. He works very hard to be perceived as smart but truly smart guys like Richard Sherman and Ryan Fitzpatrick run mental laps around him.

Gronk’s analysis, as you said, is spot on.

22. Aaron Rodgers can be insufferable most of the time, but his comments make sense if you think about it for more than five seconds. He was addressing whether or not he “still got it.” His response was basically “I think I can still be the best player in the league.” If someone asked “hey, A-A-Ron, are you a washed-up bum?” and he replied with “the Packers team I am on can win the Super Bowl,” that would be basically saying “Yes, I AM a bum—but my team is good enough to carry me across the finish line.”

I do not even like him, but there is nothing wrong with what he said.

23. NewYorkLion says:
    January 18, 2023 at 1:50 pm

—————-

There’s no fault in his answer. He thinks he could win another MVP somewhere. Gronk’s analysis is also correct. Rodgers didn’t mention anything about wanting to win a Super Bowl or be on a winning team. It was only about him. No fault in that, but it is still a selfish perspective that many other great players would not give.

24. Interesting coming from a guy who decided to not come back and help his team/teammates at the end of the 2019 season and was still under contract. Don’t be a hypocrite Robert.

25. The guy with four SBs and zero MVPs thinks SBs are more important? YA DONT SAY. He’s just salty Aaron has more MVPs than Tom.

26. Go hide somewhere, Rob G. Did Aaron say he didn’t care about winning a SB? No, so don’t put words in his mouth. I’m so sick of people criticizing players if they want to win MVP. Why can’t they want both? Just saying you want one, doesn’t mean you don’t want the other. Gronk once said Brady should win MVP every year. I guess he’s a little salty that Rodgers and Manning have more in all those years that Brady played, he could only muster three MVP awards. More proof he benefits from team.

27. Rodgers is a fine regular season MVP. Brady is the goat based on post season performance. Aaron isn’t even in the same zip code there.

28. Everyone in world criticized Rodgers for his MVP over Super Bowl comments except the Packers and Packer fans who continue to grovel to Rodgers. Just like his vaccination lies and bullying.

29. That’s Aaron’s attitude. Always has been. Maybe not always, but for the last 10 years. That’s why he’s not a good leader.

30. It wasn’t the question asked, but yes, another SB and MVP in the SB, would have upped Aaron Rodger’s historical standing higher than another regular season MVP. Probably would have better to say he believes he’s still good enough to lead a team the SB vs another regular season MVP to make a case that he’s still an elite player.

31. Brady could have used BB and McDaniels this year

———-

With one postseason appearance in three years and an embarrassing blowout in that game most football fans would say BB could have used Tom Brady

32. Listen to the entire interview, he wants to win championships AND thinks HE can still play at an elite level. How much space does Rodgers own in Florio’s head?

33. Aaron’s statement is more of a dissatisfied poke towards Green Bay HC and Front office. He stated, ” in the right situation”. Aaron would like to play for another Head Coach. The MVP part he mentioned is a tongue in cheek remark.

34. SBs are great, but difficult to come by. GB had favre and rogers back to back with just one SB each. Colts had manning and Luck with just one SB trophy. During the late 90s, Dan Marino was widely considered the greatest QB of all time—one SB appearance.

Having the greatest QB/HC 1-2 punch has given gronk a warped sense of reality.

35. B. says:
    January 18, 2023 at 2:03 pm
    The best leaders of teams, when asked about goals, focus totally on team goals.

———–

100% true. Rodgers leadership is through is amazing play. Outside of that he is not a leader. He certainly has teammates and former teammates that really like him, but that isn’t the same thing. He has distanced himself from big losses many times and happily allowed the finger to be pointed at the defense, special teams, coaches, other offensive team members. He’s not a take-blame-give-credit kind of leader. Truthfully you don’t have to be that guy to win games either. There are also lots of failed QBs that are great leaders of people and never won anything.

That said, the very best QBs have both kinds of leadership.

36. To be fair, the MVP trophy is smaller, and thus presents less of a choking hazard than the Lombardi

37. Exactly Gronk. Tom Brady is a warrior. Giannis is a warrior. Aaron thinks he is cute and clever. Too cute by half honestly.

38. nhpats2011 says:
    January 18, 2023 at 2:10 pm
    Brady could have used BB and McDaniels this year

———-

———

Totally. Despite Brady winning in 2020, generally, the 3 of them were better together than they are apart. I’m sure they all realize it.

I’m thankful they stayed together as long as they did. Most can’t.

39. Mahomes doesnt care about his MVPs because they are fake – Reid calls pass plays inside the 5 so Mahomes can boost his stats. Greater than 50% of Mahomes TDs were inside the 10.

40. Looks like some of us Viking faithful are emerging from hiding to bash Rodgers . . . who still has more super bowl wins than our Vikings do in their franchise history.

41. VikingsBabe84 says:
    January 18, 2023 at 2:09 pm
    Yup- that’s Rodgers for you. Aaron “Erin” Rodgers exposed.

———

Changing Brady and Rodgers names to girls’ names is probably the lamest joke continually repeated on PFT.

42. Rodgers is a tool but… eh, I don’t see the problem. They were talking about his abilities and if he could still play at a high level at his age. Sure, he could have said “I think I can play at a high enough level to win another Super Bowl” but doesn’t everyone think that if they are playing? Again, I can’t stand Rodgers but this is a stretch to get fired up about. Playing well enough to win MVP again would have the Packers (or another team) in Super Bowl contention.

43. mainewoodchopper says:
    January 18, 2023 at 2:07 pm

————–

I would say Rodgers plays the game beautifully. Like a Brazilians play soccer. Brady is clinical, like Germans play soccer. They look very different, but they are both effective.

The goal is to move the chains and score points, how you do it is preference.

To me, Brady’s advantage that allowed all that post season success is mental toughness. For example, being the first team since 1972 to win the Super Bowl after losing it the previous year required extreme mental toughness.

That’s frankly the difference between Brady and nearly everyone else. I think he lost a bit of that edge with all his personal problems this year, and maybe, even if only slightly, his physical skills due to age too.

44. cheeseisfattening says:
    January 18, 2023 at 2:07 pm

++++++
    There are lots of people in the world who do not care. You aren’t one of them.

45. That’s why I’ve never really cared for Rodgers. Favre laid it all on the line to win for the team not himself.

46. Rogers oftentimes sound like a bit of a jerk, but here I think too much in being read into his remark. His reference to the MVP is a reference to his playing ability. Saying that he thinks he can win an MVP is him saying that he still thinks he has it. Not necessarily anything else.

47. Something tells me Gronk is going to circle back and clarify what was quoted. People love to make mountains from mole hills,… and this is one of those instances. I see the “Hate Rodgers Club” is out in full force today.

48. If you know football so little that you spell it “Rogers” your opionion is meaningless.

49. No surprise. Rodgers has always put himself before the team. He takes credit when they win and blames others for losses. He’s been mediocre in the postseason and winning only one Super Bowl in his career speaks volumes. He may go down as the greatest REGULAR SEASON QB in NFL history.

50. profootballcomment says:
    January 18, 2023 at 2:21 pm

———

Now Rodgers’ fans are inferring Mahomes wasn’t deserving of the MVP. Have you watched him play?

I don’t care who you are fan of, you have to admit Mahomes is an incredible player for your opinions to be deemed credible.

51. I read his quote. All I could think of was a 13 year old girl saying “like” to start every sentence, bouncing her head shoulder to shoulder. Like oh my god. Like Aaron could do this. Like Aaron should do that. Like he needs to be worried about that. Like oh my god!

Oh the article? Just another Aaron hate piece. He was asked if he can still play well. He said yes he can win mvp. If the journalist asked if he could win a super bowl and he answered yes, this article would be about Aaron’s decline this year and how unrealistic Aaron is. If someone asked Florio if he was a good writer, I’m sure his answer would be he can win whatever awards are given. His response wouldn’t be he just wants pft to succeed.

52. Not a Rogers fan at all & that’s based solely off his own personality traits (total Diva)…. Is he a good QB, absolutely, (elite MAYBE) but he’s a proven choker when it matters most….He’s a selfish individual & in a lot of ways, we all are, but theirs a limit to that that defines it as being healthy, & he doesn’t poses that limit in his genetic make up, hence, the Diva perception/reality….
    I see players/teammates respecting his ABILITIES, but not his ability to LEAD or be a TEAM 1st before himself type person…..do I knock him for getting all the money he can as a player, yes, to an extent, because he makes a ton off endorsements & then is CONSTANTLY complaining about not having enough talent around him to succeed….. KNOWING that his salary DIRECTLY impacts the teams ability to get him what he needs to succeed is either sad ironic or flat out hypocritical/selfish on his part….4 time MVP, did he ever give credit to anyone besides himself for those accomplishments, if so I hadn’t heard…..1 Super Bowl, I’ve sure heard a lot from him about why he hasn’t been to more!!!!
    POINT BEING: Gronk was correct in a round about way

53. jeffrey atkinson says:
    January 18, 2023 at 2:21 pm
    I’ve never understood the hate towards Aaron Rodgers.What am I missing here?

————

There are both hateful comments and truthful statements. You have to distinguish between them. Pointing out Rodgers is selfish isn’t hateful. It’s the truth.

54. cheeseisfattening says:

January 18, 2023 at 2:07 pm
    _______________________________________________________________________________

Hey Cheese….he didnt lie about the vaccine, Fauci, the CDC and the most criminally negligent company in the world – PFIZER did

55. jeffrey atkinson says:
    January 18, 2023 at 2:21 pm
    I’ve never understood the hate towards Aaron Rodgers.What am I missing here?

——

Same as Cousins. Same as Wentz. Same as Beasley. Look up the common denominator.

56. The context was at what level Rodgers can play, not whether whatever team he’s on can win a championship. Pay attention, people.

Also, titles are team accomplishments, MVP is an individual award. So when judging GOATs, can’t have it both ways.

57. At the end of the day football is just a job you go to work you get payed with that said jobs come with incentives win an MVP get lots of money win a championship get more money but to win a championship you have to rely on competent coaching along with a great supporting cast of team mates problem is he has not had competent coaching in a long time. So achieving an MVP is probably much more realistic.

58. Glad he/someone called out Cry-baby Rodgers. That comment stood out as the ego-defining persona of Aaron, and why he only has one Super Bowl win, despite obvious personal talent. He’s mostly concerned about Aaron, and whether or not he’s paid the highest $ of all QBs. I’ve seen too many Packer games when Aaron has a sour-puss look of disdain on his face. Not a Team guy, just an ‘I’ guy.

59. Sour grapes Rob. How many MVP’s do you have? Exactly. I’m also a Packer legend, the best they’ve ever had. No one in their team history comes close. Besides, I’m humble and a really nice guy.

60. So glad to WWE Universe decided to dump Macafee That dude is the worst at everything he does 😬

61. Gronk is smarter than the character he plays on TV. Maybe it was a minor oversight, maybe it actually reveals the focus of Rodgers ego which has always been all about him. As a Packers fan, I wish we’d made the trade to Denver last year that Seattle did, because now Rodgers holds all the cards and the only way Green Bay can trade him is with his consent (not that they’d get much anyway). Green Bay management has painted themselves into a corner with the contract they gave him.

62. bullcharger says:
    January 18, 2023 at 2:53 pm

profootballcomment says:
    January 18, 2023 at 2:21 pm

———

—-

I have, and I see a mini-Rodgers when I do.

63. He didn’t say Super Bowl because he doesn’t know what team he will be with next year yet. If it’s the Packers, he knows he can win an MVP but he also knows he can’t win a Super Bowl.

64. Maybe it’s just me but isn’t everyone tired of “Gotcha!” questions by the media, regardless of the topic?

65. Well Aaron can usually control how he plays so MVP is attainable more readily than a team full of holes he can’t do anything about. Still could have worded it better though.

66. Gronk nailed it. Aaron long ago checked out on trying to be a world champion. He understands the business, the subjective (voted on by reporters, most of whom never played the game) MVP award means dollars, and that’s all Aaron is about. That’s not a judgement on Rodgers, it’s just the truth about him.

67. “Champions crave championships. Selfish people covet individual awards and recognition.“ Didn’t read at the top who wrote the article. But when I read that line I knew. It wasn’t one of the crew. Trying to get my 12-year-old son to write more. He’s obsessed with sports. I gave him Florio as an example. Look what you can do with the pen. And an entrepreneurial spirit.

68. I don’t feel like Rogers has had the fire to win a championship for several years now. It’s hard to be motivated when you think about retiring 24/7. His motivation seems to come and go through the season.

69. Can you imagine the slapping Gronkowski would take in a game of jeopardy against Aaron.

70. Once you’ve been exposed as a privileged liar it’s open season on anything you say ever again.

71. Mr. Aaron Rodgers is the poster child for Male Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

It’s always about Him, and it always will be about Him.

Winning a SB is a team activity. They all get to step on to the podium.

Winning the MVP award is an individual accomplishment. He gets to stand on that podium alone, soaking up all the glory/attention himself.

72. Not a Rodgers fan but come on. If the question was whether he could still play at a high level, his answer was perfectly appropriate.
    There’s lots to criticize about Rodgers, but get a grip.

73. In the context of the whole response, what Rodgers said wasn’t all that bad. He’s a great player, smart guy, but unreasonably arrogant/narrow-minded and a poor leader. Sometimes I think people just look to rip on whatever he says cause he’s turned into such a tool (or its finally come out). Free world I guess.

74. Everybody knows about Rodgers ego so putting personal goals 1st should surprise no one. As far as his pals go Cobb , Bakhitara and Crosby were all great Packers at one time but this isn’t baseball when your best days are long past you gotta go you get replaced if Rodgers doesn’t like that ( his best days are over also ) please leave we are just fine with Jordan Love.

75. People like Pat Mahomes pretend that they don’t care about winning an MVP award to foster a selfless public image. It’s the smart thing to do. Rogers is emotionally erratic and prone to saying dumb things.

76. Favre laid it all on the line to win for the team not himself.
    ++++++
    Look Favre was a great competitor. But if you think he isn’t self-centered you haven’t been paying attention.

77. bullcharger says:
    January 18, 2023 at 1:59 pm

—————

Gronk’s analysis, as you said, is spot on.
    ///////////
    So true. It’s known Rodgers has a photographic memory which is why he can remember specifics from a play 5 years ago. That helps when regurgitating facts, which can give the appearance of being highly intelligent. He’s not. I want him gone.

A Packers Fan (and season ticket holder)

78. Brady could have used BB and McDaniels this year.
    —————-

Those two could have used Brady.

79. It’s 0407PM ET where I’m sitting and you only have 91 comments???

Aaron Rodgers marches to a different drummer and he just made that oh-so-clear.

You go, Gronk.

80. MNGoon says:
    January 18, 2023 at 1:38 pm
    Nothing warms the heart more than a player who never won MVP being reported on by a sports journalist who also never won MVP criticizing a guy who’s won MVP not once, but FOUR times. What it must be like to live on such a moral high ground.
    ——————————————————————————-
    Next you’ll be telling us that no NFL player, except someone who has kicked an extra point in the playoffs can criticize Brett Maher.

81. Here’s the part of what Rodgers said on MacAfee’s podcast that everyone seems to be avoiding,….

“”There’s no point in coming back to play football unless you think you can win it all” @AaronRodgers12 #PMSLive

82. profootballcomment says:
    January 18, 2023 at 2:21 pm
    ——–
    If it’s so easy, why isn’t everyone doing it?

83. DUH GRONKOWSKI, if the guy aims at another MVP it probably means he’s playing good enough to help his team get to another Super Bowl !!!

84. Uh oh! This out to make the mob angry!

I love that Rodgers doesn’t care what every else thinks he should think.

85. Jimmypinthe416 says:
    January 18, 2023 at 3:40 pm

———–

Let Rodgers compete against actual Jeopardy contestants first. He will get smoked. A match between Gronk and Rodgers would be like a JV football blow out. One team is better than the other, but neither are really any good.

86. giambocca says:
    January 18, 2023 at 4:31 pm

—————

Don’t be a Rodgers apologist. He doesn’t need an interpreter. We all see what he said.
    Name another player you have heard talk about getting another MVP as their primary goal?

87. This was the book on him way back at Cal. And while it might be true that Mike Nolan is an idiot, it seems 23 teams agreed with his assessment too.

He went a long ways towards rehabbing his image to the point where most folks thought it was Greg Jennings who was the problem and not A-Aron. But since then….wowza. Winning is a great deodorant and that can camouflage things for a while but eventually a tiger shows it’s stripes.

88. “No one will ever accuse Gronkowski of being as smart as Rodgers”.Step away from the ayahuasca. Just because he says a lot of words when people stick a mic in his face, doesn’t make him smart. AARon is a pompous, arrogant, narcissistic, blow hard. Gronk is 34 y/o walking away with his health and wads of cash and people like him (except those who dislike anything NE Pats related).

89. Gronk knows that Brady‘s answer would have been that he’s still able to lead a team to a championship and that he would play as long as that’s possible.
    AR‘s answer shows that he‘s not Brady, but everybody knew that anyway.

90. Maybe that’s one of the reasons why he’s won four of them and the vikings have won 3 in history — and only one Super Bowl and the vikings have never won one superbowl…

91. Gronk is actually smarter than most people think. He likes to party and play the dummy in commercials, but he is better at money management than most players

92. This stuff is so pretentious. Players can chew gum and walk at the same time. Of course Rodgers wants to win Super Bowls, too.

Embarrassing comments from Gronk. Get over yourself.

93. Yes there has been; the Dallas Cowboys

metitometin says:
    January 18, 2023 at 1:55 pm

94. correctingerrors says:
    January 18, 2023 at 5:30 pm

_______________________________

Not spending your NFL money and living off endorsements is not actually money management. He’s not moving anything. Just like he doesn’t watch film. Gronk is his own dude and much smarter than the average NFL player.

95. Pacer fans are the shareholders of this team so let’s ask them if they want me back. Thumbs up for yes, thumbs down for no.

96. Packer fans are the shareholders of this team so let’s ask them if they want me back. Thumbs up for yes, thumbs down for no.

97. If you actually take time to listen to the interview, you would be able to hear that it was regarding His performance, at what level he could still play. If he would have said “yeah under the right circumstances, I could go out and win a Super Bowl” everybody would still be screaming that he’s saying “me, me, me”..but he’s the guy you love to hate, so whatever. The NFL is far more interesting with him in it.

98. MVP year? You do know you haven’t thrown for 300 yards since game 13 of the 2021 season right?

I like a Quarterback who can throw for three hundred yards a couple of games a year.

99. This is who Rodgers is. The same sort of guy who just weeks after a huge contract extension publicly bemoaned the salary cap because it kept him from getting still more (and then the next day publicly criticized rookie WRs who were making peanuts compared to him for not working harder) is the same sort of guy who would put winning the MVP above a Super Bowl.

100. I’ve been of the opinion Rodgers was all about Rodgers for a long time. Ever since I read an article on how he will go to the Hall but only with one SB win but he covets this pass percentage record which is the best of anyone. That is what he wants to enter the hall with.
    When you accept that it makes sense anything that will reduce that percentage is a danger to his ego: new receivers dropping balls, interceptions, throwing into the end zone inside the 10 and getting intercepted or no completion.
    Always wondered how could a 4 time mvp inside the 10 with first down, run twice then reluctantly pass or try to run it in himself avoiding throwing the ball like the plague. its all about him and not really trying to win.

101. It really has nothing to do with smarts. It has everything to do with how you value success in the league. I side with Gronk on this one.

102. giambocca says:
    January 18, 2023 at 4:31 pm

Or choke in the championship game a few times.

103. “Champions crave championships. Selfish people covet individual awards and recognition”

Sounds like Justin Jefferson

104. Throw for 300 yards a couple of games a year . . . and then get their butt handed to them in the playoffs like our Vikings?

105. Rodgers was winning MVP’s while his organization was trading away high draft picks for a backup QB. So, Rodgers was doing all he could do to help his team, but the organization he was working for wasn’t. Nobody is getting Gronk confused with Einstein, and he sometimes says stuff that isn’t necessarily valid.

106. Gronk was the driving force for the Patriots 2nd dynasty and Tampa’s last championship. He knows what he’s talking about.

107. Patches O’Houlihan says:
    January 18, 2023 at 1:54 pm

Gronk would know because he’s won so many MVPs.

_______________________________________________________________________________

That is an ignorant comment. Lets start with how many SB rings does Gronk have compared to Rodgers? And then there is the fact that the MVP has become nothing but a QB award anyway and no TE will ever win it. I do not care for Gronk or Rodgers for that matter.

108. The people taking up for Rodgers saying he was being asked about his level of play ae stretching it. It does not matter for one, he could have pointed out he was still playing high enough to take a team to the SB and win. He is a selfish person and has proven that over the years. He knew what he said and even when he talked about the SB he was still all about himself. There was no context taken away from what he said and when. He would rather win the MVP than the SB. If you asked him that question directly he would probably say it himself straight out. That is who he is.

109. “Players like Patrick Mahomes put little significance in winning the regular-season MVP award. Rodgers apparently does. Maybe that’s one of the reasons why he’s won four of them — and only one Super Bowl.”

100% The face of the Packers is one of the most intensely unlikeable and arrogant personalities in the League, more known for baiting calls and crying for flags when breathed on than playoff wins in the past decade.

No one put these words in his mouth, he said it himself.

110. The people taking up for Rodgers saying he was being asked about his level of play ae stretching it. It does not matter for one, he could have pointed out he was still playing high enough to take a team to the SB and win.
    ==========

I have never seen a better passer than Rodgers.

But he is now clearly part of the Packers problems.

… and the Packers have another problem with a franchise QB.

Looking pretty bleak in dairy land.

111. Jimmypinthe416 says:
    January 19, 2023 at 11:48 am
    These 2 should play a game of jeopardy. Oh wait!!! One would get blown out.

_____________

I’d rather have more MVP’S than rings. I say MVP because I know I’ll never win another ring. Besides, rings are for team players which is not for me. I prefer twinning the individual ego booster MVP awards.

112. I feel bad for the Green Bay fans. 30 years straight of HOF QBs (Rodgers will get in) and only two SB trophies to show for it.