In his latest Football Morning in America column, Peter King checks in from the training camp trail with items on the following:
• Andrew Luck … the Colts quarterback is coming back (maybe you’ve heard) and trying to get used to playing football again. J.J. Watt … another AFC South star on the mend, looking to put his darkest days behind him. Bike commutes … bumping elbows with Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff over 13 miles in Flowery Branch, Ga.
• The helmet rule … why it’s going to dominate the preseason and why consistency will be impossible to achieve. The Hall of Fame … the best quotes, moments and more from the ceremonies in Canton and Chattanooga. Plus coffeenerdness, beernerdness, 10 Things, tweets, factoids and all the usual column staples [more]
From the training camp trail—including stops to see the Eagles, Steelers, Jets and Ravens—Peter King’s latest Football Morning in America column covers:
Carson Wentz … the clues that show whether he’ll be able to start the opening game for the defending Super Bowl champions. Antonio Brown … the not-so-secret method to becoming the greatest receiver in the game. The Jets … and the challenge of changing the culture from losing to winning. Joe Flacco … and why practices actually matter to the veteran quarterback.
Thoughts, notes, opinions on social media use among players, the new market for offensive tackles, the Pat Mahomes hype machine and more. Plus 10 things, factoids, beernerdness, coffeenerdness and a friendly golf bet between two head coaches and the on-field ramifications. [more]
From the site of the second NFL training camp to open, Peter King’s latest Football Morning in America column covers:
• The Bears … an early-morning wakeup call with new coach Matt Nagy reveals just how wonderfully weird the situation in Chicago is as the franchise desperately tries to return to relevancy.
• Tony Sparano … players, friends remember the popular coach in the wake of his unexpected death.
• Training camps … the five teams that promise to have the most intrigue as pads start poppin’.
• A former Hall of Fame outcast shares his thoughts on the process and the touchy T.O. situation
• Thoughts, notes, opinions on the never-ending anthem-kneeling saga, Darrelle Revis, Earl Thomas, and more
• Plus 10 things, factoids, beernerdness, coffeenerdness and travel notes from a quick 20 hours spent in Alabama [more]
In the debut of his new column Football Morning in America, Peter King covers:
• Aaron Rodgers … on aging, his upcoming contract, sharks and the Dalai Lama
• Tony Romo … on golf, broadcasting and the balance of both
• Nick Foles … on book signings and the possibility of going from Super Bowl MVP to the bench
• A surprisingly difficult football quiz to catch everyone up on all things NFL after a summer slumber
• Thoughts, notes, opinions on referees, Terrell Owens, LeSean McCoy, DeMarco Murray and more
• Plus 10 things, travel notes, factoids, beernerdness, coffeenerdness and all the old column staples [more]